Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolute masterclass in business failure by Ali and people here have been seen it coming the entire time.

He's selling a madly expensive product, with a low amount of repeat customers. A £2,500 course is something you buy once in your life, you don't come back every year for it.

The decision to expand into a central London office and mandate in person work preferred was undoubtedly a huge money sink. Especially when you have hangers on like Elizabeth being paid as "Strategy consultants" not contributing directly to earning fees from your clients.

He will doubtedly sell it as a learning point but honestly you should not take any business advice from this man. He had a really nice little thing going from himself with his YouTube channel, but has gone completely overboard. To lose $1m is absolutely ridiculous at the stage of business development he is at - all becuase he wanted to play at being a CEO lol.

Reactions: 8
Why did he even rent the London apartment? I still don't get it
Renting the London apartment does make some kind of business sense. He is going all in on making a big podcast with big guests and its easier to get people to pop over for a podcast episode in London than making the 1-2 hour travel to Cambridge. And if you want to try living in London anyway that's fair enough

The mistake was the London office which was pointless and a waste of time.

Reactions: 1
Renting the London apartment does make some kind of business sense. He is going all in on making a big podcast with big guests and its easier to get people to pop over for a podcast episode in London than making the 1-2 hour travel to Cambridge. And if you want to try living in London anyway that's fair enough

The mistake was the London office which was pointless and a waste of time.
Though I should think in london there are plenty of podcast recording spaces for hire that they could use. He could have also made use of co-working spaces for London-based staff meetings etc.

The "review" of the year video is up.

Accompanied by a sponsorship by BetterHelp. This bloody man.

Reactions: 4
The "review" of the year video is up.

Accompanied by a sponsorship by BetterHelp. This bloody man.
BetterHelp is so awful. Lots of YouTubers I like also have sponsorships with them and it's so disheartening. Aside from unethical privacy practices, they don't even vet their therapists. Here is a compilation of some awful experiences.

Reactions: 2
BetterHelp is so awful. Lots of YouTubers I like also have sponsorships with them and it's so disheartening. Aside from unethical privacy practices, they don't even vet their therapists. Here is a compilation of some awful experiences.

Cannot wait for the day there is a Netflix documentary about betterhelp, they are awful and there some horrific stories

Reactions: 1
Cannot wait for the day there is a Netflix documentary about betterhelp, they are awful and there some horrific stories
I've been using BH for a few months and have had no issues with them. Found some cool grandpa-type and I look forward to our weekly discussions. Then again, my therapist criteria were male and middle-aged without all the bipoc tri-racial gender fluid options that other people go for.

I wish that Ali would stop calling what he does teaching and education.

He is not a qualified teacher and regurgitating some book summaries every week, hosting a podcast and making courses based on anecdotal experience doesn't make you a teacher.

Reactions: 9
It's 2023, AI can write a full video script, you can automate most processes and you got cameras which follow your face around but here people are still buying YouTube courses from some c*nt who can barely break 100k views with an audience of almost 4 million.

Cordyceps could learn a thing or two from the disease that is being an Abdaal fan.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
It won’t last forever, it’s depressing but he’s a massive bellend who’s gonna be unhappy, unfulfilled and lonely sooner rather than later

Reactions: 10
I used to hate watch Alis content but its so banal, monochrome and boring by now I just check in every few weeks to see if anything controversial has happened. What a beige human being.

Reactions: 4