Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems Ali's book is finally on pre-order. I saw the cover and am amazed that Cal Newport said it's a "much needed antidote to hustle culture." Like dude, Ali IS hustle culture. He thrives on it, he makes thousands to millions on it. He thinks you have to watch an anime episode at 4X speed??? So either Ali has seriously changed his ways, or this book's ideas came from someone else, like his staff. And judging by his continued YouTube obsession with money, he has NOT changed his ways.

From the book's website:
In Feel-Good Productivity, Dr Ali Abdaal uncovers an easier, science-backed path to success. He demonstrates that the secret to productivity isn't grind, it's feeling good. And he reveals how to make your projects feel so enjoyable that productivity takes care of itself.
There is literally nothing new about this. This has been a part of the national conversation for years now. As usual, all he is doing is taking other people's ideas and putting it in neat and pretty packaging.

Reactions: 8
Its not his ideas in the past 2 years he has non stop being asking his followers what to include, what they want to read

Reactions: 2
It seems Ali's book is finally on pre-order. I saw the cover and am amazed that Cal Newport said it's a "much needed antidote to hustle culture."
Don't buy what anything an influencer or youtuber has to say about another youtuber's product. These people are all in a clique and invite each other on their podcasts and shows to get clout and exchange subscribers. They likely have chat groups together as well. This is why no other productivity youtuber talks tit about Ali or anyone in this sphere... You certainly have enough bleeping material if you're not an imbecile. You'd just get ostracized from the cool kids club for going against a member. It's just an enormous club of creators in the same space coordinating in private and fellating each other in public. Every positive testimony on a course or book is collected as a favor following an interview or podcast appearance.

Not even the commentary channels that make video essays on scumbags can touch these people cause they're all about them positive vibes and attacking them would make you out as a hater among the low IQ fanboys who worship these parasites.

This Ali idiot has been talking about his tit book for years now and I'd wage money on the message being the same banal bullshit he's been peddling for the last 6 years... enjoy the journey and make it fun. As if anyone who earns his money in a soul crushing or back breaking job has the luxury of just "making it fun" like these twitter thread creators and course peddlers do. I bet it's a lotta fun creating a youtube course with the most obvious information you can find for free and have $1m in sales from braindead fanboys over and over.

And now all the Indians and Ali worshippers are frothing at the mouth again for this book that just repeats the same message that's in every video and every course. How many bleeping times does one need to hear a simple concept? Apparently there's no limit.

Reactions: 8
His book will just be him regurgitating other peoples books and techniques like Atomic Habits, 4 Hour Work Week etc. He's been so blatantly obvious about his inspirations for life and "productivity" that it will just be the same old crap we all know about from every productivity YouTubers videos already.

The actual secret to a productivity system is to work when you are most productive in the day in a conducive environment for working. Make a to-do list. Set deadlines and work to them. Break work up into managable blocks. Maybe break time into managable blocks too. Finish the blocks of work before the deadlines you have set. That's it well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The other secret to productivity is to not normalize a system where people are working inhumane hours for terrible wages. Modern productivity culture is just victim blaming people for trying to enjoy some semblance of a life rather than become money-obsessed robots. The more productivity gurus shame people in order to make a buck, the more they normalize hustle culture. No one can be as "productive" as these people claim to be in a sustainable way. But they aren't actually productive - what do they have to actually be productive about???? Making YouTube videos and hyping up other dudebros for a living?

His productivity is for people like him, wealthy and have time..and are white, let's be honest

His productivity doesn't cover for mothers, single parents, those who are carers, those who do shift work, we all know how much racism black people face in the workplace or school, again, doesn't take into account their productivity, or even brown folks who have responsibility for family

His idea of productivity is for the white skinny man, wealthy, and lives a very simple and care free life.

His productivity is black and white. And all the people on his team are carbon copies of each other. Who all live the same lives

His book is for the privileged in society.

Reactions: 7
we all know how much racism black people face in the workplace or school
Source? It's mostly white people and actual asians that get discriminated against. Sounds pretty insane to say black people are facing racism in school when 99% of the fight videos online are black people beating on whites or robbing places. That's bogus.

Source? It's mostly white people and actual asians that get discriminated against. Sounds pretty insane to say black people are facing racism in school when 99% of the fight videos online are black people beating on whites or robbing places. That's bogus.
The stats are out there if you search. You sound like a racist. Typical racist saying black people are involved in 99% of videos online beating or robbing places. I guess its their fault also that black women are dying during child birth and post natal at alarming rates right? Guess there's no stats for that too right?

Get lost

Reactions: 1
The stats are out there if you search. You sound like a racist. Typical racist saying black people are involved in 99% of videos online beating or robbing places. I guess its their fault also that black women are dying during child birth and post natal at alarming rates right? Guess there's no stats for that too right?

Get lost
I don't care if you call me the big scary word that terrifies everyone. I'm not offended. Nor am I racist but who I don't care about convincing you otherwise. In your mind you've taken the high ground already so enjoy that little hill.

You were the one who decided to suddenly go bleeding heart with that moronic statement about black people... As if any productivity book out there would specifically address that issue separately? You crazy bro? You want a book specifically made for brown people who supposedly encounter racism in school? It's one thing to hate on Ali for being a despicable worm but your demands of nonfiction literature are batshit insane. Stop bringing race into everything then using self-righteous masturbatory statements as a counter. Thanks for the natal death rate example, I'll grant you that one but parry your argument with affirmative action in universities. Don't cry too hard please.

Ali has potential two periods in his life which would be useful for productivity but still are highly irrelevant:

1 - When he was a student - he could write a good book about that.

2 - When has was a newly qualified doctor and also doing YouTube - however that was only a thing for about 8 month.

Everything else he has done is summarily irrelevant because he's either had access to resources beyond that of a normal person (eg. he can just pay contractors / his executive assistant / get someone at work to do it etc.)

Reactions: 5
Ali has potential two periods in his life which would be useful for productivity but still are highly irrelevant:

1 - When he was a student - he could write a good book about that.

2 - When has was a newly qualified doctor and also doing YouTube - however that was only a thing for about 8 month.

Everything else he has done is summarily irrelevant because he's either had access to resources beyond that of a normal person (eg. he can just pay contractors / his executive assistant / get someone at work to do it etc.)
In a way I sort of wonder what happens next...like what will his pivot be? The productivity thing will burn out, the podcast will get stale, the youtube will flounder...

Does he return to medicine? That'd mean a drop in pay and a harder work schedule than he's become accustomed to.

In a way I sort of wonder what happens next...like what will his pivot be? The productivity thing will burn out, the podcast will get stale, the youtube will flounder...

Does he return to medicine? That'd mean a drop in pay and a harder work schedule than he's become accustomed to.
If he had any sense then he would be saving and investing as much as he can now, not employing 12+ minions to make him look like a big businessman.

The dumbest thing about Ali selling a productivity book is that he’s not productive at all! He constantly talks about how he struggles to do things eg go to the gym, and his solution is always to pay someone to be his coach so he will do it. That’s not a solution possible for the vast majority of people - and tbh suggests he actually struggles with tasks that most people can motivate themselves to do.

His book has taken him years to write, and that’s despite him asking his readers explicitly what he should put in it repeatedly. Why would I want his productivity advice when he couldn’t even think it up himself?

Also as a side note - why has no one in his team told him to stop posting these terrible pouting pics of himself? He looks fine when he’s not posing like girls used to in the 2010s, but he pulls the same idiotic face in every pic

Reactions: 7
Also as a side note - why has no one in his team told him to stop posting these terrible pouting pics of himself? He looks fine when he’s not posing like girls used to in the 2010s, but he pulls the same idiotic face in every pic
Because he likely hires people that walk around behind him with empty jars in hopes they can capture his errant farts. The clones of him that have swarmed the internet following his crappy course are probably the same category of people he employs. Who would dare question his genius? It's a cult and the prophet can do no wrong especially when the rose tinted glasses are attached to their skulls with lag bolts.

So weird that his flat is literally his companies office? So now he is travelling across the world the flat and office is being packed down and they're all going to work from home? Instead of at Ali's home? Honestly one of the weirdest working set ups I have ever seen.

Anyway his book is finally done (the cover art looks generic af and completely boring) and he is going to travel the world now. I guess he is finally putting his money where his mouth is.

Cannot believe ppl like him want to travel thr world but then make it a MUST rhat staff be working in the office like the recent jobs he advertised
---
So weird that his flat is literally his companies office? So now he is travelling across the world the flat and office is being packed down and they're all going to work from home? Instead of at Ali's home? Honestly one of the weirdest working set ups I have ever seen.

Anyway his book is finally done (the cover art looks generic af and completely boring) and he is going to travel the world now. I guess he is finally putting his money where his mouth is.
He can write it off as a business expense I guess so no paying rent