Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Ali: I really enjoy teaching people, medicine, and being a YouTuber

Ali 20 mins later in the video: Actually I only care about the money and comfort those things bring

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Well well.well

I was searching for tutors for my niece and kept seeing triple flourish tutors, I look on their website and guess who is a tutor with their photo on the page?!?!? Ali!!!!!

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Has his medic course gone up in price too? Would expect this also

He has just become greedy and it wont be look before more people realise

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Why did he even rent the London apartment? I still don't get it
Renting the London apartment does make some kind of business sense. He is going all in on making a big podcast with big guests and its easier to get people to pop over for a podcast episode in London than making the 1-2 hour travel to Cambridge. And if you want to try living in London anyway that's fair enough

The mistake was the London office which was pointless and a waste of time.

chunlii

I mean he's read quite a lot about race as far as I am aware and admits to coming from a place where he wasn't particularly educated about it and his privilege in being a straight male. Most of the negative comments on his video about learning about race were some of his followers complaining about his definition of racism including a power dynamic and stuff. I really don't think he's massively sexist or anything in the way people on this thread are making him out to be. I don't think Sheen or Molly would be friends with someone sexist and that most of the comments people pick him up on as 'incel terminology' are said self deprecatingly. To me something like 'increase my sexual marketplace value' is obviously self deprecation. In terms of dating I think he's just trying to navigate largely unfamiliar territory and so is trying to be efficient and thorough about it. The whole 'go with the flow' thing and let a relationship just happen is a nice idea but, particularly during a pandemic, isn't really going to happen so he's making an effort.
Ngl, liking that particular Tweet about women was sus.

Lola123

VIP Member
I really don’t understand all this stuff that’s being mentioned? I’ve tried to google and I just don’t get it?

JohnMasters

He's taking some heat in the comment section of his latest video.
Glad to see people speaking up and it's not just the usual onslaught of adoration from the fanatical knobheads. Unfortunately there are way more of those, enough to drown out any negative feedback. Still, that video has 400 comments, out of which 200 are spam bot replies. Absolutely pathetic, nobody wants to even bother engaging with this content. The fans just watch every video, hit Like, some write "amazing video" and move on. Almost like bots in a way.

Machtc99

This video is just ridiculous

He likes to write summaries for books and then to twitt them in a sequences to build an audience.

OMG, ”Get a grip, get a life, and get over it” Ali.

Hasanah123

VIP Member
So he said about 300 ppl have signed up to his part time YT academy and it sells for what 2k each? So thats already 600K!

• Sick

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Cannot believe the YTer Tintin Smith now works for him as a course writer. Tintin gave up his consultancy job a few months back and decided to too YT fulltime but tutoring and working with an education company on the side

He took Ali's YT course and now works for him. Wow. Didnt see that coming

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
He mentions that he wanna spend 10% of his time together with his partner. He even has this on his dating profiles. What sane adult would swipe right after reading that?

He doesn't just have it on his profile, he's actively proud of it given the amount of time he proudly brings it up with a smug smile on his face. Probably because it's one of the few original ideas he has had in his life so he loves telling it to other people. The awkward silences or moving on of the conversation other people have when he brings it up really shows what most people think of a ridiculous concept.

So did someone else set up Ali's wife begging email/page?!
Also, has Ali even been in a romantic relationship or even had hookups?
Is our man still a virgin?!!!!
I reckon he has had hook ups because it's mad to think that a relatively successful person in the UK at his age hasn't...but I wouldn't also be surprised if all of the "dates" he goes on with girls are very friendly affairs that fizzle out with any physical contact.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Directly from ASA's website after 10 minutes of digging:

"If the video is largely editorial but includes a section that is advertising, or only some of the products featured are affiliate-linked products, it should be clear immediately before or at the time the advertising starts/the affiliate linked products are featured – either by way of a clear verbal explanation or prominent on-screen text to make clear which parts of the content are advertising."

So not just my opinion.

Nope, doesn't apply to the type of content people like Ali make unless the entire video is an ad.

Edit: just read here https://www.asa.org.uk/news/like-comment-and-comply-youtube-and-the-cap-code.html

There's a clear distinction between an influencer post and a vlog that might contain a product placement ad but would stand up on its own without it. So we can all calm down now about reporting and all that. Clearly the ASA doesn't mean all UK youtubers who receive sponsorships for something should label the entire video with "ad". So that's reasonable.
Sure, I was just sharing the ASA guidelines Ali and Kharma Medic are required to follow.

KM probably met the bare minimum requirements. Though It’s not for me to say as I’m not the ASA.

Last edited:

Lola123

VIP Member
I used to really enjoy watching TheStriveToFit's videos (Jamie, I think?) and went back to her channel a few months ago because she is doing her medical training in NYC, which was a COVID hotspot at the time. She has spoken about what it's like working in medicine under these conditions, when so many emergencies are people with COVID, and so many patients die on the daily.

The situation in the UK is also terrible, and I wondered whether Ali was lucky, in a way, to have taken his gap year before the start of the pandemic, and whether he may be postponing his career plans until after the pandemic? I wouldn't judge that decision negatively per se, NHS workers are working under poor conditions as it is, but surely re-entry into that system feels even less appealing at a time like this. At the same time, there isn't much else to do, influencers don't really have anywhere to go or anyone to talk to so they end up in this weird spiral where they make videos about being productive, but they are only productive because they make their productivity videos... also an exhausting situation, I guess.

I'd be interested to hear Ali talk about COVID more (I don't watch all of his videos but don't recall him addressing it a whole lot), especially from the perspective of a medical professional in GB...
I also think he hated his job because he had to travel so far too! Like it’s odd he never did a video on covid and being a doctor apart from Instagram posts with that cringe hashtag but he was never in those wards? Can’t recall him doing an A & E rotation??

So Ali does not have one black person on his team?
I mean given that black people make up about 3% of the population of the UK, I don't think it's THAT unreasonable that he doesn't have a black person on his small team. I'm all for inclusivity but think this is a bit of a reach, and a bit america-centric.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
One more thing Ali trying to sing properly with his actual singing voice (in the wrong key) during a sing along with his mates in his Tesla is so cringe. Notice how everyone stops. Just sing bro this isn't the X-Factor you don't have to put on your singing voice.