Alfie Deyes #8 Condom hat, kendama twat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can't get my head around why buying a t-shirt from Alfred Deyes is more helpful to Australia than just donating money directly. Seems quite wierd and unsavoury really.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Realizing he also says MASSIVE a massive a lot.

Just watched his vlog & smh. Cannot WAIT or HOPE that Jaackmaate covers Alfie’s mAsSiVe ego again soon.

When Alfie said his name on the phone, I instantly pictured a dog. Kinda funny.

And thruout that entire day (supposedly) not one of those twats, dressed for a fishing pier, could realize that they are just there to stroke his ego? And that every single tee sold & worn in public is a MASSIVE stroke to his ego?????

Blimey hell!!!

If he finds anyone wearing his tee & vlogs it, it’s 110% prior ‘will be at’ location hints or a set up!

Alfie Deyes needs to donate his yard as a landfill for all his merch & white tees. Would love to have a photoshop of that to admire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’m a few pages behind but I’m just watching a vlog of Zoe’s from last year where her nan and grandad come to visit and Alfie and Zoe go to get food for lunch and dinner. As they go into the supermarket Zoe says they were given a leaflet from a food bank so they can pick stuff up to donate-Alfie has the leaflet bit he folded the top down and was covering it with his hand-when you saw it from the back you could see it had the food banks name on it(you could also see the name in smaller writing on the front at the bottom-it is the trussell food bank)

has Alfie folded this down because a) he isn’t getting paid to promote a food bank b) because he was scared the food bank would give away their location (unsure if that foodbank is all over the country or not) or c) some other twatty reason I can’t think of right now???

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When I saw this yesterday I had this little happy moment and thought "Wow is 2020-Alf gonna be different?"... I was feeling very helpless these past weeks, seeing all the heart-breaking videos and pictures of the fires in Australia. I'm a big animal activist and all those wildlife pictures just destroyed me. So I was really happy to see that even Alfredo wants to help. But then I watched the end of his video where he says:

"I don't know the exact price that it costs to make each garmet yet, because the more units you sell, the more you're buying at once, the cheaper it is per unit. I have no idea how many we're gonna sell right now, so therefore I can't tell you the exact price to tell you the exact profit that's gonna be made to be able to know how much per t-shirt is gonna be donated to charity. But I am making no money from this, 100% of profit is going straight to charity."

I am betting all my money that he never reveals how much was sold and how much money was therefore donated. This is just green washing at its best. I agree with all of you here, he will find out a way to write costs off and label as little as possible as "profit".
There is still the small possibility that he does actually tell us, after the 5 days, how much everything cost and how much donations were raised, but let's be real here - Alfie Deyes is never gonna change.
these twats would push their nanna off a cliff if they could make money off it, he's also a self centered smug little toff

Reactions: 13
I still read on here, although I'm more active on Zoe's thread.
God. He's just trying to get attention with this t shirt thing.
It's hardly going to have come from his heart is it? You can tell he's not actually passionate or he would have said something much earlier.
This is all to make him look good. It makes me sick

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Not exacting criticising him but I wonder why the t shirt didn't reference anywhere Australia? Not even a discrete Australia outline or anything? Even at their strategy meeting it wasn't even discussed. I know nothing at all about design so probably have missed the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I took a break from Alfie and co and I decided to properly enjoy my holidays. I don't regret it at all and seems nothing of value was missed.

I understand the situation in Australia is dire but why waste more resources in making these shirts when people can just directly donate and it would have a bigger and much faster impact that way? Also, where and who are making these shirts? Are they ethically made or is it sweatshop labor? If this is covered in his recent vlog sorry... it's bc I didn't care to watch his drivel. And echoing another user on here... why didn't it feature something emblematic of Australia?

Also, pretending to care about the environment but he has still made NO effort to change his over-the-top consumerist lifestyle is really rich when it's people like him that help perpetuate the need to live in excess greed and constantly buy new things. Never questioning where clothes and products have come from. Or working with companies that try to pander to authoritarian countries (Mini and their foray into China). What has he exactly done to reduce his carbon footprint? He and Zoe can't even bother to cook their own meals and now is using a company to have meal preps delivered to them when they have all the time in the world.

Maybe his idiot followers think this is coming from the goodness of his heart but he has the means to make an actual impact and instead comes up with this dumb t-shirt that no one needs.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I know we aren't due a new thread yet but this was in my head and.. here you go
Go on Alfred, go and marry dear Z! (Zed) 🤣
Or if you're American: Go on Alfie go and marry dear Z

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I still can't get my head around why buying a t-shirt from Alfred Deyes is more helpful to Australia than just donating money directly. Seems quite wierd and unsavoury really.
He’s hoping to go viral.

that way he gets more followers and more traffic to his merch store long term. Also the engagement on insta with people sharing and tagging.

short term yeah maybe it helps Australia but there’s something in it for Alfie too.Hence asking ‘big accounts’ to share

• Angry
Reactions: 10

It's obvious that he doesn't really care if he can't even link the IG accounts of where people could help directly: such as Red Cross AU, WWF Australia, Australian firefighter handles, etc etc.

The first sentence in his effort to "help" Australia is to mention the Future Self shop (as if anyone really cares about this). And really rank of him to only ask big accounts to help support this "charitable" effort. Why does Alfie always find a way to go sideways so badly when working with or attempting to do charity?

Does he mention if the money he earns from YT for his Unitee video will also go towards Australia? I didn't watch it and I skimmed it. I rolled my eyes and exited the video when I saw he was playing with his stupid overpriced kendama. Subtle.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I watched a bit of the vlog and it definitely seems like Steve and Lotty were the ones who came up with the design, Alfie just had the idea to sell a shirt. Also funny that he said all proceeds would be donated but had to put “PROFITS” on the screen to correct himself...

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Alfie doesn’t come up with any of his own ideas. It’s painfully obvious.
Yes that video pointed that out. He just sat there eating saying the occasional very obvious thing in an urgent tone eg 'Guys we need to come up with a product people want to buy'. Radical.
And I'm sure Zach is perfectly nice but what the hell was he wearing? That white sock and plimsol combo is not flattering. And of course the hat.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He’s basically begging on stories for people to buy and share the site - clearly not selling!! I’m sure with his on wealth he could happily make a sizeable donation himself without ripping off his followers!

• Angry
Reactions: 10
How best to fix an issue that is, in part, caused by needless consumerism? More needless consumerism!.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
He should go and look at what mr beast did. He planted 20million trees through his supporters help. Has been humble about it and made a video thanking everyone that helped with it

No horse laugh, clapping himself, swearing to try and be woke or self congratulating himself. Also, he set up a whole new brand for it, didn’t send traffic to HIS OWN merch store

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How best to fix an issue that is, in part, caused by needless consumerism? More needless consumerism!.
That's just it - the whole gesture seems tone deaf. Just like the fund raising dinners people have with hugely expensive tickets and raffles with prizes like a Mercedes, for the homeless - yes you are raising money but it just a bit tasteless. There simply must have been a better way to raise money without manufacturing something or it going through Futures Elf (which he said it wouldn't but it does).
And this is just picky I know but I wish he would have a more sombre tone about it all rather than the glee he cannot hide.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.