Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen them at Reading and it’s the most into it I’ve seen them for a looooooong time. 10/10.

Reactions: 6
Just catching up with the Reading coverage on iPlayer.
I know Alex looks a bit sleazy these days but I can't help becoming a 17yr old fangirl again 😂 I wonder if my 'Future Mrs Alex Turner' mug is still in the loft!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just catching up with the Reading coverage on iPlayer.
I know Alex looks a bit sleazy these days but I can't help becoming a 17yr old fangirl again 😂 I wonder if my 'Future Mrs Alex Turner' mug is still in the loft!
i need to find mine 🤣

that love letter he wrote to alexa chung has forever lived in my mind rent free.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was a typical tumblr girl back in the day so I really did think Alex was the most perfect human to walk this planet. Just catching up with their Reading set now and all I can see when I look at him is Richard Hammond 🙁

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I was a typical tumblr girl back in the day so I really did think Alex was the most perfect human to walk this planet. Just catching up with their Reading set now and all I can see when I look at him is Richard Hammond 🙁
ngl 10 year old me used to think richard hammond was fit af so i’m happy

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Saw them this weekend

Last saw them on the TBHC tour and also saw them at R&L 2014 (Alex was off his tits tried to sing mardy bum several times and it got very boring)

but this weekend they were 1000% back on top form. And I honestly wasn’t expecting much. Best I’ve ever seen them. They’re back!!!!

Reactions: 8
NEW SONGGGG!! It sounds so much better than in the live videos. I am a sucker for the strings omg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ngl 10 year old me used to think richard hammond was fit af so i’m happy
Ah, yeah, RH wasn’t bad looking before the silly facial hair and dodgy dyed haircut 😂
I thought Alex looked quite good at the weekend, and healthier actually. Although he never seems to quite know who he wants to be 😆
Thought the Reading set was really good, and I love the new song.

Reactions: 1
Ah, yeah, RH wasn’t bad looking before the silly facial hair and dodgy dyed haircut 😂
I thought Alex looked quite good at the weekend, and healthier actually. Although he never seems to quite know who he wants to be 😆
Thought the Reading set was really good, and I love the new song.
Yeah me and my brother were saying how well he looks - we must have looked like right OAPS discussing this in the crowd surrounded by 16 year olds 😂 I loved the set but would have preferred less songs from AM & more from Humbug & Suck It & See but I guess they know the crowd they play for.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
NEW SONGGGG!! It sounds so much better than in the live videos. I am a sucker for the strings omg

I've heard strong rumours that Alex is the one who arranged the strings on the album but it's hard to verify without liner notes 😅

But they've never played this one live. It's 'I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am' that they've been playing so it will sound different 😂 Again, purely rumours/speculation, but some reckon the reason Mirrorball wasn't debuted at Reading and Leeds (as expected) is because Alex wasn't sure about nailing the falsetto live 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've heard strong rumours that Alex is the one who arranged the strings on the album but it's hard to verify without liner notes 😅

But they've never played this one live. It's 'I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am' that they've been playing so it will sound different 😂 Again, purely rumours/speculation, but some reckon the reason Mirrorball wasn't debuted at Reading and Leeds (as expected) is because Alex wasn't sure about nailing the falsetto live 😅
That’s most probably true. I missed Leeds because I’m on holiday but just been watching they did so good.

They did have a mirrorball on the stage so it is almost like they bottled it last minute 😅

• Haha
They did have a mirrorball on the stage so it is almost like they bottled it last minute 😅
In fairness, they've had that since the start of the tour and had a mirrorball on the merch. I should always realise there's a bigger/hidden meaning in everything they do but it only comes together in hindsight.

Another fan pointed out to me that they likely put Potion Approaching back on the setlist purely so Alex could sing "We fell asleep in THE CAR" while we were all totally oblivious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
In fairness, they've had that since the start of the tour and had a mirrorball on the merch. I should always realise there's a bigger/hidden meaning in everything they do but it only comes together in hindsight.

Another fan pointed out to me that they likely put Potion Approaching back on the setlist purely so Alex could sing "We fell asleep in THE CAR" while we were all totally oblivious 😂
Ahhhhh that would make sense! This is me being massively oblivious. With my t-shirt. That I bought. That has the mirrorball on. Doh.

• Haha