Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AM record due in October
Arctic monkeys US seem to confirm on twitter.

Record meaning one song or an album I don't know

Reactions: 3
Such a disappointing set list, thought we would get something new!! @StrummerTeeth on Instagram is their drum tech and he put a story on saying it's a long tour so hopefully it gets a bit more exciting

Such a disappointing set list, thought we would get something new!! @StrummerTeeth on Instagram is their drum tech and he put a story on saying it's a long tour so hopefully it gets a bit more exciting

Songs 11-14 though ooooosh

Seen a few clips from last night and they seem to look like they're just having fun. THIS is what I've been missing!

Reactions: 1
First time playing Potion Approaching in 10+ years though. Hoping it's a sign they'll be mixing up their set a bit and playing some more older tracks, if there's no brand new material.

Reactions: 4
Ive been to a lot of concerts this year and its been great as every band has been playing all their old stuff. Its like everyones finding their feet with the familiar to get back into it. I have to admit I've preferred it to concerts where bands play mostly new stuff, some of it you know some of you don't. and actually what you want, is a dance and a sing song not go "what the duck is this track"

There probably is a happy medium moving forward though!

Reactions: 2
New album The Car is going to be released 21st October

tracklist

• SIDE A
  • 1. There'd Better Be A Mirrorball
  • 2. I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am
  • 3. Sculptures Of Anything Goes
  • 4. Jet Skis On The Moat
  • 5. Body Paint
  • SIDE B
  • 6. The Car
  • 7. Big Ideas
  • 8. Hello You
  • 9. Mr Schwartz
  • 10. Perfect Sense

• Heart
Reactions: 9
New album The Car is going to be released 21st October

tracklist

• SIDE A
  • 1. There'd Better Be A Mirrorball
  • 2. I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am
  • 3. Sculptures Of Anything Goes
  • 4. Jet Skis On The Moat
  • 5. Body Paint
  • SIDE B
  • 6. The Car
  • 7. Big Ideas
  • 8. Hello You
  • 9. Mr Schwartz
  • 10. Perfect Sense
what do you think of the new song they played? too much like TBHC for me ::

Reactions: 2
I liked the tune to it, lyrics sounded a bit all over the place but I thought that the first time I heard do I wanna know when it was first played live so I'll just wait and see. Can't wait to find out the reason behind the album being called The Car, sounds a bit random

Reactions: 4
what do you think of the new song they played? too much like TBHC for me ::
I think they've mentioned previously that the new album will sound more closely aligned with TBHC than their other albums have been to each other. Not an exact copy/continuation but picking up where it left off. https://www.nme.com/news/music/matt...ike-r-u-mine-and-all-that-stuff-again-3226299
So if you're hoping the album will be more like AM or WPSIA, you might want to brace yourself 😅

But as for 'I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am', I thought it had a good rhythm to it and it's catchy. To me, it reminds me a lot of some of the second Last Shadow Puppets album as well as TBHC, just more funk inspired than those two, but that rhythm is quite AM. It reminds me of Knee Socks.

• Haha
I think they've mentioned previously that the new album will sound more closely aligned with TBHC than their other albums have been to each other. Not an exact copy/continuation but picking up where it left off. https://www.nme.com/news/music/matt...ike-r-u-mine-and-all-that-stuff-again-3226299
So if you're hoping the album will be more like AM or WPSIA, you might want to brace yourself 😅

But as for 'I Ain't Quite Where I Think I Am', I thought it had a good rhythm to it and it's catchy. To me, it reminds me a lot of some of the second Last Shadow Puppets album as well as TBHC, just more funk inspired than those two, but that rhythm is quite AM. It reminds me of Knee Socks.
i’ve since given it another listen and i get the catchy-ness! there’s that one bit that has a bit of a hook to it and i don’t dislike it as much as i initially did