Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Homepride pasta bake has been my go-to guilty pleasure/comfort food since I was a teenager and I’m 32. 😅

Can confirm the Aldi version is exactly the same, if anyone else is a fan! Add in lots of their grated mature cheddar. 😍
Thank you for that - I am having an eye op next week and looking for easy meals for a week. I saw a bag of essentials grated cheese today - cheddar and mozzarella and thinking about pasta sauces.

Reactions: 1
Homepride pasta bake has been my go-to guilty pleasure/comfort food since I was a teenager and I’m 32. 😅

Can confirm the Aldi version is exactly the same, if anyone else is a fan! Add in lots of their grated mature cheddar. 😍
I agree, Aldi one is pretty much identical. Both my sons (in their 20s) absolutely love pasta bake, and are delighted any time I make it. Not sure if that's because they love it as a guilty pleasure or a damning indictment of my other cooking 😂😂

I bought some fresh chicken burgers in Lidl last week (made with minced chicken, not breaded or anything) as they were 30% off, and they were bloody lovely. Definitely buying them again - would recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I buy the Aldi Cucina Tomato & Basil stir in pasta sauce for when I cba. It’s really nice. And honestly takes 10 mins. It’s my go to for when my husband is away & I absolutely can’t not be bothered to make tea / on the verge of ringing a takeaway. I even fling a bit of bistro salad & balsamic in the pasta bowl if I’m feeling virtuous!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I buy the Aldi Cucina Tomato & Basil stir in pasta sauce for when I cba. It’s really nice. And honestly takes 10 mins. It’s my go to for when my husband is away & I absolutely can’t not be bothered to make tea / on the verge of ringing a takeaway. I even fling a bit of bistro salad & balsamic in the pasta bowl if I’m feeling virtuous!
My husband has Parkinsons and struggles to eat some foods but absolutely loves these stir in sauces with some easy to eat short pasta. I keep short pasta in the fridge for a few days then stir in one of these sauces.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My local Lidl is always moving items around. It's just annoying because I can't find them.

Reactions: 3
My husband has Parkinsons and struggles to eat some foods but absolutely loves these stir in sauces with some easy to eat short pasta. I keep short pasta in the fridge for a few days then stir in one of these sauces.
Posting this here in case this is the problem. I have a relative with Parkinson's and I was told about anti shake cutlery.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Went in Aldi a couple of days ago and found chicken drum fillets 600 gms for £2.99 which looked very much like boneless thighs which we like so I bought a pack to see what they were like and must say they really are value for money, absolutely no waste. Made a Spanish chicken and rice dish for 4 and there was plenty of chicken in it and tasted good. Will buy some more for the freezer this week.
Thanks for this. Going to have a look for them next week 🙂

Reactions: 2
For my fellow olive lovers, I got 2 huge jars of the Nocellara olives again yesterday! I have to stock up when they come in cos we eat them like they’re the last thing on earth 😆 bloody gorgeous. May or may not grab more today 😅 (there’s plenty I’m not being a shelf-clearer I promise lmao)

Even found some small pouches of Pecorino Romano! Really hard to find unless in a big triangle block. So we’re having carbonara 🤤

• Haha
This is really petty I know but it does irritate me on social media when people fawn over their posts, especially when they were mocking M&S, describing Aldi as the 'little guy'. They're one of the largest chains in the world, as much as M&S don't help themselves Aldi are very much the supermarket grey squirrel to M&S's red, just with better memes.

For my fellow olive lovers, I got 2 huge jars of the Nocellara olives again yesterday! I have to stock up when they come in cos we eat them like they’re the last thing on earth 😆 bloody gorgeous. May or may not grab more today 😅 (there’s plenty I’m not being a shelf-clearer I promise lmao)

Even found some small pouches of Pecorino Romano! Really hard to find unless in a big triangle block. So we’re having carbonara 🤤
I still have some left from last time. I think I bought 8 jars 🤣🤣

• Haha
has anyone bought any of the specialbuys today?

I was going to go before work but due to various issues I can't go til after 5 now, expect it will all be gone by then!

U
has anyone bought any of the specialbuys today?

I was going to go before work but due to various issues I can't go til after 5 now, expect it will all be gone by then!
I got the colour wow dupe.. think that's the name of the original one...

I'll try it tomorrow and let yis know if it's any good !

Reactions: 4
U

I got the colour wow dupe.. think that's the name of the original one...

I'll try it tomorrow and let yis know if it's any good !
I didn't have the energy after work/horses today to go get some I hope they still some left tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I got the Dream Coat by Color Wow dupe

a champagne highlighter
The pink blusher
The darker blusher

concealers in shade 1 and shade 5 (for contouring)

pleased with my haul

I got the Dream Coat by Color Wow dupe

a champagne highlighter
The pink blusher
The darker blusher

concealers in shade 1 and shade 5 (for contouring)

pleased with my haul
I got 3 colour wow dupe, blusher and concealer. Not much left in my aldi

Just back from Aldi and all the Special Buys from Thursday were there - I was amazed. I got 2 of the Abrasion Scrubs, not getting caught out like I was with the lip oil so just hoping this is as good as the Body Shop one I use as it is a 1/3 of the price.
Bought a box of the Macarons (don't know why I haven't seen them before as they are next to the sponge puds I buy for my husband) and they are very moorish, only eaten 3, upto now. ;)

We had a bbq yesterday and I wanted some token desserts (as they never get touched). However the lidl strawberry swirl cheese cake is very passable for 89p.

So many of my staples missing though. Not seen any Carbonara sauce or the fake mini cheddars for weeks 😒.