Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went to Lidl and Aldi this morning for a few bits. Got the mini Yule logs from the lidl bakery. Second time having them and they are lovely!

Also picked up four blocks of lurpak salted for £1.69 each. What a bargain.

Got the mini stollen bites from Aldi which are my favourite, 6 bottles of their organic Prosecco which we love, a candle and 2 packs of the no duck spring rolls.
Wanted their toblerone dupe but they only had the while choc ones which I don’t like.
Nice little treats haul!

Reactions: 10
Anyone know if these are still available? Can’t find them on the website at all. My OH wanted some when I showed him but I haven’t been able to find them 😭
I bought some at the beginning of last week and discovered they were yum.....went back a few days later to stock up, and they were all gone. They were middle aisle rather than normal shelves. Waitrose do similar.

Reactions: 1
I bought some at the beginning of last week and discovered they were yum.....went back a few days later to stock up, and they were all gone. They were middle aisle rather than normal shelves. Waitrose do similar.
Thank you, Waitrose is on the way to Aldi thankfully.

Thank you, Waitrose is on the way to Aldi thankfully.
I had the Waitrose ones first, so I was very pleased to see the Aldi ones. I don't even want to show you how many boxes I have hidden in the biscuit cupboard. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had the Waitrose ones first, so I was very pleased to see the Aldi ones. I don't even want to show you how many boxes I have hidden in the biscuit cupboard. 🙈
I couldn’t get any in either shop 😭 Although maybe it’s a good thing if they are that good!! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Nipped into Lidl to treat myself to the buy 1 get 1 free Christmas muffins, and omg how have I only just found out about the mini yule logs?! They look SO cute. I’ve bought one for a snacky snack later but I’m tempted to eat it on my way home 😋 it looks so cute

Nipped into Lidl to treat myself to the buy 1 get 1 free Christmas muffins, and omg how have I only just found out about the mini yule logs?! They look SO cute. I’ve bought one for a snacky snack later but I’m tempted to eat it on my way home 😋 it looks so cute
So tasty, then pop in after 7 for a discounted one lol

• Haha
Anyone know if these are still available? Can’t find them on the website at all. My OH wanted some when I showed him but I haven’t been able to find them 😭
My store had them in the cake section then they were moved to the middle aisle and now back by the cakes. I really want them to be a permanent line by waistline is hoping they aren’t

• Haha
My local Aldi had loads of party food half price today - all dated 1st Jan or later so ideal for NYE

Reactions: 6
Just finished the last of the Lidl Black Forest pavlova it was so nice and I usually hate all things black forest flavoured 😂😂 my waistline is also happy it’s gone haha

Reactions: 2
Just finished the last of the Lidl Black Forest pavlova it was so nice and I usually hate all things black forest flavoured 😂😂 my waistline is also happy it’s gone haha
I saw that but already had the black forest cheesecake and other things in my basket. They were gone on my next visit. 😥

My local Aldi had loads of party food half price today - all dated 1st Jan or later so ideal for NYE
Nothing much in ours - went to get some salmon, samosas and spring rolls (the ones that had pickle with them) and all gone. Lots of stuff missing, most disappointed.
30% off veg but didn't look the best so left it where it was.

I have been today and got some nice buffet things for guests tomorrow. I also got several rolls of the fully recyclable wrapping paper 45p (nice thick brown printed kind) and these cute little guys for 79p!. Yaaas Aldi.
20231228_185121.jpg

Reactions: 10
Went to Lidl and Aldi this morning for a few bits. Got the mini Yule logs from the lidl bakery. Second time having them and they are lovely!

Also picked up four blocks of lurpak salted for £1.69 each. What a bargain.

Got the mini stollen bites from Aldi which are my favourite, 6 bottles of their organic Prosecco which we love, a candle and 2 packs of the no duck spring rolls.
Wanted their toblerone dupe but they only had the while choc ones which I don’t like.
Nice little treats haul!
I love the organic Prosecco, the only one that doesn’t give me a headache!

Reactions: 5
Found out today that my Aldi now sells sliced Sourdough bread o_O Don't know how long they have been selling it as I only found it because this lady was reducing about a million sliced white loaves and I had to move up the shelves to look for some Warburtons wholemeal pittas. What a find - it is lovely and ready sliced - 500gms so will last me a while in the freezer think about £1.50. It does taste better than M and S and Asda which I have been buying as it is the only bread that agrees with me. Thank you Aldi.

Reactions: 7
Just back from A and they were reducing loads of stuff, not party food as there were none in the shop but salmon, fish, meat etc which said 30% off but when I got home everything was 50% off. Wish I had know and would have bought more and froze it - never looked at the receipt until I got home, just thought it was cheap today. All the sell by dates were 1st /2nd Jan.

Reactions: 3
I picked up a Lidl Deluxe proscuitto and black truffle pizza yesterday. I think they are priced at £3.99 (?) but when I looked at my receipt I'd only been charged 99p! I was tempted to go round again buying four more but didn't want to be stung for £16 at the till. 😂

• Haha