Aldi and Lidl #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I popped into Aldi today for the dupes and it turned into a bloody wild goose chase.
Think they've decided to wind up the punters for a laugh or else foil the shoplifters.
Usually beauty is kept all in one place. Today they decided to dot the dupes all over the store in the oddest of places.
So a lot of screeching to a halt with trolleys and reversing. You could see people legging it to the beauty section and then manically racing round the store and looking in people's trolleys. I had to hide my stash under some large naan bread fgs!!!!🤷
I was looking at some of the dupes and I could feel the vultures descending behind me, so I had to chuck it all in my trolley then scuttle off somewhere safe to put my glasses on and see what I'd got.🙄
I ended up with the rose balm, rose spray and a skinny perfume called Floral Noir et Blanc which was sealed so I couldn't test it. 😠
When I was putting my trolley back I turned round to what I can only describe as Pitbull face. Honestly some of these shoppers are so aggressive. I scuttled off to the car before I got mugged for my stash. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I popped into Aldi today for the dupes and it turned into a bloody wild goose chase.
Think they've decided to wind up the punters for a laugh or else foil the shoplifters.
Usually beauty is kept all in one place. Today they decided to dot the dupes all over the store in the oddest of places.
So a lot of screeching to a halt with trolleys and reversing. You could see people legging it to the beauty section and then manically racing round the store and looking in people's trolleys. I had to hide my stash under some large naan bread fgs!!!!🤷
I was looking at some of the dupes and I could feel the vultures descending behind me, so I had to chuck it all in my trolley then scuttle off somewhere safe to put my glasses on and see what I'd got.🙄
I ended up with the rose balm, rose spray and a skinny perfume called Floral Noir et Blanc which was sealed so I couldn't test it. 😠
When I was putting my trolley back I turned round to what I can only describe as Pitbull face. Honestly some of these shoppers are so aggressive. I scuttled off to the car before I got mugged for my stash. 😄

This post actually made me LOL

Reactions: 4
This post actually made me LOL
Well, I'm off to the posh one next time. I was nearing there today, but couldn't be bothered to drive there and back home just for a few dupes. I've learned my lesson. It's like an oasis of bliss shopping in the posh one. I think they'd climb on top of you if they could at my local one!! 😠🤬

ETA I've just been scrolling back to last year and OMFG! I'd forgotten about the pigs in blankets crisps 🙏 please come back this year!!
I also came across this recommendation from last year:-
"I've just seen a girl recommending the sweet chilli limited edition houmous and the spinach and pine nut pasta tub".
Anyone try these last year?

Reactions: 2
Well, I'm off to the posh one next time. I was nearing there today, but couldn't be bothered to drive there and back home just for a few dupes. I've learned my lesson. It's like an oasis of bliss shopping in the posh one. I think they'd climb on top of you if they could at my local one!! 😠🤬

ETA I've just been scrolling back to last year and OMFG! I'd forgotten about the pigs in blankets crisps 🙏 please come back this year!!
I also came across this recommendation from last year:-
"I've just seen a girl recommending the sweet chilli limited edition houmous and the spinach and pine nut pasta tub".
Anyone try these last year?
Where they the wotsit style crisps? They had the turkey and stuffing balls to I think but pigs in blanket ones where much nicer.

I managed to get the rose balm, rose spray, daily glow and luminous filter!

Managed to pick up the Charlotte Tilbury dupes - the highlighter is a peachy colour and the filter thing is a shade dark for me but I reckon if I buff it in it’ll be fine! Going out bank holiday Sunday so I’ll put them to the test!

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I picked up a Kylie Jenner dupe lip kit and a handbag perfume spray in je suis belle. Does anyone know what their perfume spray is a dupe of? It’s really nice! I have also realised that I’ve been looking in the wrong place for all the special buys previously. They had loads of the rose sprays, a couple of highlighter wands and a glow lotion as well I was very tempted.

Reactions: 1
I picked up a Kylie Jenner dupe lip kit and a handbag perfume spray in je suis belle. Does anyone know what their perfume spray is a dupe of? It’s really nice! I have also realised that I’ve been looking in the wrong place for all the special buys previously. They had loads of the rose sprays, a couple of highlighter wands and a glow lotion as well I was very tempted.
It is a Miss Dior dupe.

My daughters were delighted. I picked up a few each for them.

Does anyone know what the marmite dupe at Aldi is like? It is half the price of regular Marmite but don’t want to waste it if it is horrible. x

Does anyone know what the marmite dupe at Aldi is like? It is half the price of regular Marmite but don’t want to waste it if it is horrible. x
The Aldi one is good, the lidl one is not !

I always buy the lidl olive spread so was intrigued to see a new light version this week..it's so bizarre it doesn't even melt on toast..avoid!.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The Aldi one is good, the lidl one is not !

I always buy the lidl olive spread so was intrigued to see a new light version this week..it's so bizarre it doesn't even melt on toast..avoid!.
Thinking of which the spreadable Danpak (Lurpak dupe) in Aldi does not spread. I keep wanting to chuck the bloody thing in the bin every time I use it.

Reactions: 1
BQQ865.jpeg

I picked these up earlier, threw them in the air fryer (I have issues, okay 🙄) and they're gorgeous. There are panko covered ones and soy and ginger ones too but I love a bit of Chinese style salt and pepper. For £2.49 as well? Definitely a repurchase.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 2404390

I picked these up earlier, threw them in the air fryer (I have issues, okay 🙄) and they're gorgeous. There are panko covered ones and soy and ginger ones too but I love a bit of Chinese style salt and pepper. For £2.49 as well? Definitely a repurchase.
Oh I looked at these today but didn’t buy them as our freezer is pretty full! Will have to grab them next week!

Oh I looked at these today but didn’t buy them as our freezer is pretty full! Will have to grab them next week!
I only bought them because it was going to be used straight away. My freezer is almost a waste of time. But they're immense. Not spicy as such yet flavoursome.

Where they the wotsit style crisps? They had the turkey and stuffing balls to I think but pigs in blanket ones where much nicer.
They were just in the middle section. A big back if bliss. Normal looking crisps. Black bag if I remember. I picked up a bag and rushed back some days later to get more only to find the vultures (probably Tattlers 😄) had been.
---
I got all 3 perfume today. Do you know what the other 2 are dupes of? Please
The Floral Noir et Blanc I got is supposed to be a dupe of Daisy. Sprayed it on but wasn't strong smelling. Not 100% keen on it. Didn't seem to last long.

I found the cheese and ham toastie crisps! Don’t shoot me but honestly I don’t LOVE them. They’re alright. Just very salty and they repeated on me for ages afterwards hahaha sorry if TMI! 🤣 No garlic bread ones in sight 😭

Also does anyone have the ability to start the new thread!? I can’t make them personally.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.