Aldi and Lidl #4 Oh ahh just a Lidl bit, Oh ahh Aldi Lidl bit more!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just bought the CC cream which is an IT cosmetics dupe. I'm quite fair and bought shade #2 which is a touch too dark but it's the lightest they had in stock. It's lovely but I went shiny after a few hours. I'm out of primer and it's hot, so not surprising but if you're oily skin bear in mind

Reactions: 4
Where have the Lidl bakery cookies gone? Mine local one and the next nearest have not had them for months!

Reactions: 1
Quite a few items in Aldi have gone up in price. The multi pack of crisps have gone up 10p and those 79p pizzas are now £1.09.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Quite a few items in Aldi have gone up in price. The multi pack of crisps have gone up 10p and those 79p pizzas are now £1.09.
Everything has gone up quite a bit. My weekly shop was always between£65-£70 and that was with the odd middle aisle treat or candles, now my normal shop as in essentials only (minus any middle aisle treats) is £75-£80

i used to love their higher end steaks, it used to be £3.20ish and now its £4.15 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m going to assume that I’m late to the game with these and they’ve been mentioned before but oh my goodness these are unreal😍 apparently there’s chocolate orange ones too but I haven’t seen them in my store. Probably for the best since chocolate orange is my favourite type of chocolate and at 99p a pot I may overindulge..

View attachment 1400090
Wait is this like a big pot of chocolate icing?
If so I AM IN!!!

Bloody hell Lidl - I went just now and they have restocked fresh vegetables, but the italian/chinese/indian dry foodstuff is running out even further.

There is no ketchup at all. I fancied one of those indian sauce jars with spice container attached, none. Freezer section looks a bit bare.

Is this all to do with lorry hold ups from the continent?

Bloody hell Lidl - I went just now and they have restocked fresh vegetables, but the italian/chinese/indian dry foodstuff is running out even further.

There is no ketchup at all. I fancied one of those indian sauce jars with spice container attached, none. Freezer section looks a bit bare.

Is this all to do with lorry hold ups from the continent?
RE ketchup

My dad tried to get some on Wednesday and there wasn’t any but he asked an employee who just happened to be loading another shelf near by and they said as soon as they get any in it sells out almost straight away. So I guess it’s just extremely popular and they can’t keep up with demand. I did see an article back end of last year where some clever clogs did one of those “ I tried all the own brand <product> to see which is best” and it was Lidl that came out top for ketchup.

Reactions: 2
RE ketchup

My dad tried to get some on Wednesday and there wasn’t any but he asked an employee who just happened to be loading another shelf near by and they said as soon as they get any in it sells out almost straight away. So I guess it’s just extremely popular and they can’t keep up with demand. I did see an article back end of last year where some clever clogs did one of those “ I tried all the own brand <product> to see which is best” and it was Lidl that came out top for ketchup.
Yes the Batts one.

Has anyone else got the new tills in their Lidl? I'm not sure if it's a technical hitch but the QR code doesn't work on them. I have to ask an assistant to come over then input my phone number every single time. I'm stubborn and I want my rewards for how much I spend :)

Actually I do have a sachet of ketchup so that'll do for a vege hot dog snack tonight.

Reactions: 1
We were talking about our Lidl in Surrey. I go about once a month & sometimes the shelves are very sparse. Wondered if it's something to do with the middle changing but it's food that's been decimated. Came to the conclusion that since Covid and recent war in Ukraine it's simply that more & more people are now using Aldi & Lidl though the Aldi close by is somewhat better stocked. I've seen quite a few mentions of it being Lidls that are sparse.

* I meant to say something to do with the middle aisles changing stock.

We were talking about our Lidl in Surrey. I go about once a month & sometimes the shelves are very sparse. Wondered if it's something to do with the middle changing but it's food that's been decimated. Came to the conclusion that since Covid and recent war in Ukraine it's simply that more & more people are now using Aldi & Lidl though the Aldi close by is somewhat better stocked. I've seen quite a few mentions of it being Lidls that are sparse.

* I meant to say something to do with the middle aisles changing stock.
There is nothing missing in Aldi but our Lidl is very sparse, wonder why, very rarely go in ASDA but went today for a neighbour and that was fine. Very strange about Lidl.

I think there’s only been once where it’s been properly sparse in Lidl(excluding lockdown shortages) and that was a couple of months ago.

It’s the ketchup and tomato purée mines been lacking almost every time. But meat,prepared meals,fruit/veg and cupboard supplies all seamed reasonably well stocked last time I was in about ten days ago. Maybe it’s a distribution issue ? I’m in North Yorkshire for reference mines a newish large store and the next three nearest are smaller older stores.

Funny I went to get ketchup today from lidl and there was none. They had Mayo and brown sauce though. Went to Morrison and they had no affordable ketchup either. Annoying. I don’t buy Heinz too expensive.

Both my local Lidl and Morrisons have been tit for stock in recent weeks - I assume there is just a lot of supply chain issues as they don't seem to be any busier.

Reactions: 3
I know they are extremely desperate for staff at our local Lidl depot (South West) - I'm assuming they just can't get the items to the stores. It must be brilliant for the replenishment staff though - no stock rotation needed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.