Aldi and Lidl #4 Oh ahh just a Lidl bit, Oh ahh Aldi Lidl bit more!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got some of those mochi ice cream balls and I was wondering how best to eat them? Using my fingers gets messy but is it passé to use a fork?

Reactions: 1
What's gone on with aldi's aloe Vera toilet roll recently? It used to be great.. now it feels cheap and doesn't unroll properly.

Reactions: 2
Ooh love that I've found this thread 😁 looking forward to trying out all the recommendations posted 👌

Did anyone get their free block of cheese with the lidl app last week? I was made up haha 😄

The Aldi peri peri seasoning in the sachet is so lovely and full of flavour. It says hot and spicy on the packet but it isn't at all. I used it with lime juice to marinate defrosted Quorn fillets. I fried them and had in wraps with salad and hummus. Much nicer than anything I've ever had from Nandos, both the restaurant and their range of sauces and rubs.

Reactions: 12
Tried Lidl's montepulciano d'abruzzo red at the weekend at 2.99 and it was more than palatable, went to load up the car today 🏃‍♀️ and it's back to full price 😭.

I didn't get free cheese with the app but the Spanish 16 month aged cheesed with wine is beautiful.

• Heart
Tried Lidl's montepulciano d'abruzzo red at the weekend at 2.99 and it was more than palatable, went to load up the car today 🏃‍♀️ and it's back to full price 😭.

I didn't get free cheese with the app but the Spanish 16 month aged cheesed with wine is beautiful.
Ooh will have to get some of this for my dad as he's a sucker for his cheese & wine haha 👍

USA week this week at Lidl, anyone have their eye on anything? Just saw that they have sweet cocoa or sweet cashew houmous - have they done that before? Any why that USA themed?

USA week this week at Lidl, anyone have their eye on anything? Just saw that they have sweet cocoa or sweet cashew houmous - have they done that before? Any why that USA themed?
I'm wanting to get some of the cookie dough (which is in packs instead of the little tubs this time) and also try the apple cheesecake ice cream 😅

But the sweet hummus definitely seems new, as I'd have definitely raised an eyebrow at it before. I'm guessing it's USA since they often experiment with unusual combinations/sweet flavours? More so than say Italian or French anyway 😅

Ours sold the cashew hummus last time, it's quite nice but not very strongly flavoured or anything. I'll definitely be picking it up again!

I've got my eye out for the cheddar popcorn they usually have for US week, it's my favourite!

Ours sold the cashew hummus last time, it's quite nice but not very strongly flavoured or anything. I'll definitely be picking it up again!

I've got my eye out for the cheddar popcorn they usually have for US week, it's my favourite!
I want the cheddar popcorn too, I love it when I can get my hands on it from America. It's not on the website, but I am gonna go in store and try my luck I think!

I want the cheddar popcorn too, I love it when I can get my hands on it from America. It's not on the website, but I am gonna go in store and try my luck I think!
I've noticed that they've been missing some theme week items on the website that they'd usually have. Sometimes they've not had it at all (as if discontinued) but I know for Greek Week, they didn't have the sesame feta parcels listed but my local did have them in. Makes it feel even more luck based 😅

Really been loving Lidl’s version of Aussie shampoo/conditioner: the conditioner makes my hair so soft and easy to brush and the smell lasts in my hair all day. As good as the Aussie ones in my opinion

Reactions: 11
Really been loving Lidl’s version of Aussie shampoo/conditioner: the conditioner makes my hair so soft and easy to brush and the smell lasts in my hair all day. As good as the Aussie ones in my opinion
I like it too. So reasonably priced too and I can afford to use lots having crazy thick hair.

Reactions: 4
Been to Lidl this morning and the shelves possibly the emptiest I’ve seen them.

From USA week I got chicken wings because they looked like kfc ones, they were ok. The salted cashew hummus which I found quite bland and the cookie dough but haven’t baked it yet.

LIDL HAS FINALLY MADE THEIR OWN PRETZEL SEA SALT CHOCOLATE.

It's a direct rip-off of the Aldi one and it's so good 😂 ❤ ❤ ❤

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Been to Lidl this morning and the shelves possibly the emptiest I’ve seen them.

From USA week I got chicken wings because they looked like kfc ones, they were ok. The salted cashew hummus which I found quite bland and the cookie dough but haven’t baked it yet.
I’ve noticed the shelves getting emptier and emptier recently! Usually like to do my weekly shop at Lidl but so much stuff out of stock I’ve been doing a shop with Asda online!

I’ve noticed the shelves getting emptier and emptier recently! Usually like to do my weekly shop at Lidl but so much stuff out of stock I’ve been doing a shop with Asda online!
My local one has been like this for quite a while, have not bothered going there for quite a few weeks now.

I’ve become addicted to the protein puddings at Lidl
Keep checking Aldi as I’m dying to try the Caramel ones from there but their always out of stock!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.