Aldi and Lidl #3 Before you ask, the name of the Whispering Angel dupe is Ventoux Rose!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to pop into Lidl this morning for bread and milk and by the door they had the tubes of Christmas chocolates and sweets (smarties, jelly tots etc) and the tins of crisps (twiglets, mini cheddars) so hopefully Lidl’s Christmas bits are coming soon.

Reactions: 2
image.jpg
I might be getting muddled up between this thread and the M&S one re Chicken Kiev chat, but these were very nice from Aldi, £3.49.

Reactions: 6
Didn't enjoy this at all, horrible rubbery beef and a sauce that tasted of nothing, just a bit of heat, will stick to the butter chicken & jalfrezi I think.
20210914_185923.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’ve had the ostrich steak tonight. Hmm, it wasn’t for me.

It was nice and tender, no fat on it. However definitely an acquired taste. I didn’t actually end up finishing it, which isn’t like me at all!

lidl has lidl merch in again. I resisted the trainers (they won't go with anything) but got a shopping bag here ably modelled by mr kcc
20210917_210053.jpg

Reactions: 7
Lidl used to do a pineapple and a pear yoghurt (two seperate flavours, not a mixed fruit one😅) and they were the most refreshing yoghurts ever. I find over the years, Lidl have gotten rid of their unique, permanent range products and replaced them with carbon copies of the branded stuff which is great if you're just doing a basic shop on a budget but I don;t know where else you can even get pineapple and pear yoghurts😂. I also miss the old recipe of the frozen potato croquettes with a passion. They were SO much tastier than the regular mash potato in breadcrumbs croquettes. My favourite frozen potato product ever😞

I’ve had the ostrich steak tonight. Hmm, it wasn’t for me.

It was nice and tender, no fat on it. However definitely an acquired taste. I didn’t actually end up finishing it, which isn’t like me at all!
Same experience as my son, he said it tasted of nothing.

Reactions: 1
Really annoyed. Bought the marshmallow brownie bites the other day ad a treat for the weekend.
Just opened them now and the tub is LITERALLY half empty. There were 10 in it :mad:

M&S tubs are definitely streets ahead here.
I bought a tub of rocky road and that was the same - I thought there were some missing so I weighed them before anybody ate any. My son literally hoovered them up after we had had one each.

I'm a recent convert to using this coconut oil for cooking, especially stir fry, noodles, bacon butties, cooked breakfast at the weekend etc.
Food tastes far nicer & you don't need to use much.
£1.50 Aldi
We used to buy rapeseed oil but always got an aftertaste & the smell too :sick:
20210914_151506.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.