Aldi and Lidl #2 so, how mochi do you want to try the mighty peas?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aldi used to be my fave out of the two but as Lidl is much closer Iv been going there a lot more recently and have to say I bloody love the following:

1. garlic and herb spatchcock chicken
2. The peppered topside of beef slices
3. The butternut squash and feta giant cous cous
4. Their rip of veuve clicquot champagne - my mum is a champagne snob and she was shocked it was under £15
5. The pesto and goats cheese mini pizza breads from the bakery

what else should I be getting from Lidl 🥰
The peppered beef on their malted bloomer is my go-to sandwich lately 👌
Their black pepper cheddar cheese slices are good, although not the most cost effective.

The Sondey 'dark chocolate and coconut' filled cookies are really good, as is the bakery's 'ultimate brownie'.
I also rate their cans of Freeway cola (though I was less keen on the bottled stuff) if you want a cheaper alternative to Coke.

I really liked their triple cooked chips - tasted more like actual chips rather than typical oven chips.

Reactions: 8
I bought them on your recommendation and yes there were good.
Glad you enjoyed them :) I hope they stick around for a while now. The nice stuff always seems to be discontinued. They had the most amazing salted caramel brownie last year. Disappeared :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Glad you enjoyed them :) I hope they stick around for a while now. The nice stuff always seems to be discontinued. They had the most amazing salted caramel brownie last year. Disappeared :cry:
Aldi triple fried chips review.
I have just bought a Ninja Air Fryer Grill after my Actifry packed in after 3 years and was not expecting big things from it bacause the Actifry moved the chips about itself but put these chips in and moved them half way through and they were brilliant. Had tried others before but they were nowhere as good as the triple fried. I do my own chips but these are a great stand by.

Aldi triple fried chips review.
I have just bought a Ninja Air Fryer Grill after my Actifry packed in after 3 years and was not expecting big things from it bacause the Actifry moved the chips about itself but put these chips in and moved them half way through and they were brilliant. Had tried others before but they were nowhere as good as the triple fried. I do my own chips but these are a great stand by.
Think me and you should get an Aldi chip voucher. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
This cream (not spray) body moisturiser is lovely. It’s from Lidl, has Spf 20, slight tint and shimmer but very subtle. It’s a new favourite of mine - mild coconut fragrance. Really pleasant to use - the spf is an added bonus but unlike many spf creams this is not greasy at all. Can’t remember price but cheap as chips around €5

3DAA199E-BF0F-4DAC-B4DE-295F7B26355A.jpeg

Reactions: 9
Been to Lidl this afternoon, got the pork, sage & onion stuffed chicken in the bag and roast potatoes with goose fat for Sunday’s roast. Randomly bought some fresh smoky bbq hot dogs so will have to have a bbq at some point. Also randomly been craving crumpets recently and then saw some new sourdough crumpets so going to give them a go.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone seen the Walter the Worm sweets in their Aldi? Ours hasn’t had any in ages!

Has anyone seen the Walter the Worm sweets in their Aldi? Ours hasn’t had any in ages!
No! And no cola bottles and no snide haribo mix (aka snidey-bo), only jelly lips and teeth.
Also no fizzy water in the North for the last few weeks but plenty in London. It's a postcode lottery!

Reactions: 3
Oh my word, Aldi has changed? Everything is in fridges with doors!
Total first world probs, but isn’t it annoying having to wait & l queue up to get in the fridges while the person / people in front faff about ! Gives me bad trolley rage - one of the only things I don’t like about Aldi & Lidl.

I wonder if its a result of Brexit, lots of things are suffering as we can't get imports.

I love the fridges with doors look! I can’t lie. I was in awe haha (if you couldn’t tell I was in aldi for the first time in a while and very excited) yes to the faff but also what on earth are some of these (attached) didn’t buy but interesting??
Ostrich steak is really nice!

No! And no cola bottles and no snide haribo mix (aka snidey-bo), only jelly lips and teeth.
Also no fizzy water in the North for the last few weeks but plenty in London. It's a postcode lottery!
We’re in Birmingham and no Walter - they’ve taken the label bit away too which doesn’t bode well! Can’t bring myself to buy Colin Caterpillar insteas #TeamWalter

I've had ostrich steak before (in a restaurant though, not from Aldi)
It was nice.
Aldi Ostrich Steak.
I bought that one from Aldi last week for my son and he said it was awful because it was already cooked and you just had to warm it up, no choice of how you want it cooked as he likes it quite rare. It does say on the box it is part cooked but I never noticed that.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.