Aldi and Lidl #2 so, how mochi do you want to try the mighty peas?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every week I look in hope at the online brochure…one summer Lidl did French week and did these crepe biscuits that I used to have in France when I was a kid. I honestly ate my body weight (and probably all yours too!) in them but every French week since, they don’t have them 😢

I've seen them (not "Deluxe" brand mind) on the Europa Food website I'm sure, I'll check now and add a link:

Found them

Reactions: 1
I've seen them (not "Deluxe" brand mind) on the Europa Food website I'm sure, I'll check now and add a link:

Found them
Omg you are a HERO!! Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m going aldi today. Can I have recommendations for a poor student with a tiny fridge please. Oh also what were the perfume dupes (I think it was black orchid, is that what it is, I’m sorry I’ve never had big woman perfume). Thank you in advance
It depends what you're after tbh. If you have a freezer the tempura chicken is nice and reasonably priced. The dominoes fakes are decent. Some of the ready meals are nice too. I've had the curry sauce jars which have been tasty. Meat is reasonably priced as is veg etc. I'd say roughly meal plan what you want to eat and go and see what you fancy.
Not sure on things like pot noodles, super noodles etc as never tried them but very cheap if you fancied giving them a go. They also do some pasta and sauce type things.

I'm very behind on these threads, so kick my arse if I'm repeating information:

Here's some Japanese Sake Shirayuki 30cl, £4.99, in Aldi (Robroyston, Glasgow) tonight
sake.jpg

Reactions: 3
Aldi chocolate dipped waffle cones are so good 🍦
Tried these from Lidl’s Greek week and I am in love, they are ready to eat but I made a sausage and bean chilli with them and Iv sliced them and put on a pizza with black olives, divine 🇬🇷
64CBF73D-B1BE-4411-8BC9-F1D00808C98D.jpeg

It’s Spanish week in Lidl now (so sad Greek week is over 😭) and Iv never tried anything from that range, any suggestions ?

I'm very behind on these threads, so kick my arse if I'm repeating information:

Here's some Japanese Sake Shirayuki 30cl, £4.99, in Aldi (Robroyston, Glasgow) tonight
View attachment 675177
From digging around, there's an Aldi press release saying it's a limited edition (in stores 22nd July) to commemorate the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.

They also call it Sawanotsuru, not Shirayuki - Sawanotsuru was the name of the Saké they had in stores for £3.99/330ml a few years ago.

Aldi chocolate dipped waffle cones are so good 🍦
Tried these from Lidl’s Greek week and I am in love, they are ready to eat but I made a sausage and bean chilli with them and Iv sliced them and put on a pizza with black olives, divine 🇬🇷 View attachment 675206

It’s Spanish week in Lidl now (so sad Greek week is over 😭) and Iv never tried anything from that range, any suggestions ?
Bought tortilla yesterday along with mixed meat and cheese box, chilli chorizo, boquerones (anchovies in oil and vinegar) jars of peppers and goat cheese. Not for me but hubby said they made a great mixed plate for his dinner.

7663E7CA-6764-42A6-8B50-9DC305B7064D.jpeg

Rubbish photo but looking forward to trying the beef madras and the rose wine! I also got the Lacura collagen toner as I’ve ran out of my usual toner so gonna give it a whirl.

Reactions: 5
I can confirm the coconut ice lollies are delicious, especially when they’re dipped into the white ballycastle liquer!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Going to Aldi for the first time in over a month tomorrow and then dropping in to the big M&S on my way home. Must remember its still a week until payday. 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I can confirm the coconut ice lollies are delicious, especially when they’re dipped into the white ballycastle liquer!
Are these the specially selected coconut ones? So weird, I tried them and they tasted like frozen water to me, maybe I had a bad batch or something, tried one and threw them rest out, and I'm not a picky person usually, something must've been wrong with them!!

Are these the specially selected coconut ones? So weird, I tried them and they tasted like frozen water to me, maybe I had a bad batch or something, tried one and threw them rest out, and I'm not a picky person usually, something must've been wrong with them!!
That’s a bugger😞.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure at first but after a while I enjoyed the lolly although the liquer dipping made it much more enjoyable 🤣. My little boy liked the lollies which I wasn’t expecting as he can be quite fussy.

The Moscato Rose I bought earlier is going down a treat! It’s lovely if you like a sweet wine.

Reactions: 2
Went to Aldi for the first time in weeks yesterday. I bought the coconut ice lollies, orange and these ate one of each flavour today and they’re all so delicious. I reckon I might add some rum to the coconut one and make a pina colada!
B9CC2483-CF2F-4F73-9536-6B4904FF4658.jpeg

The Moscato Rose I bought earlier is going down a treat! It’s lovely if you like a sweet wine.
Please share a pic xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.