Aldi and Lidl #2 so, how mochi do you want to try the mighty peas?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aldi Anonymous:

Hi everyone, today I popped into Aldi just to pick up some salad and fruit as we’d run out.

Sadly all the salad and fruit was gone (lesson learned: don’t go to Aldi after 6pm!)

Still, I continued wandering around the aisles just in case something caught my eye.

I spent £50 and came out with a set of scales, a plant mister and a piñata.

I need help 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Been to Aldi this evening. Been looking forward to it all week.

Got 3 bottles of the flavoured drinks - pineapple cube, cherry lips and rhubarb and custard flavour. Thought they’d be nice with gin 😍 Got a nice looking bottle of Elderflower and Lemon spritz wine too.

Also got the hash brown dupes.

Oh and 3 bottles of different bubble bath - someone mentioned the lime one on here recently.

Will report back once I’ve tried other things over the next few days!

Reactions: 8
Been to Aldi this evening. Been looking forward to it all week.

Got 3 bottles of the flavoured drinks - pineapple cube, cherry lips and rhubarb and custard flavour. Thought they’d be nice with gin 😍 Got a nice looking bottle of Elderflower and Lemon spritz wine too.

Also got the hash brown dupes.

Oh and 3 bottles of different bubble bath - someone mentioned the lime one on here recently.

Will report back once I’ve tried other things over the next few days!
I got the bubble baths too, the rhubarb and rose smells exactly like my Molton Brown! I haven't tried it yet, although for 50p a bottle I can't really complain if it's not bubbly 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
T'was me with the bubble bath.

Im going back to buy all the hash browns. They are so good! Assuming might be a limited thing? I hope not 😂 kids loved them too.

Reactions: 4
I’m starting to think the mochis are a weird conspiracy. They don’t exist they’re just designed to make us constantly visit Aldi and Lidl 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’d like to announce the kettle bells I ordered from Specialbuys at Aldi have arrived. They’re magnificent and heavy and were about 25% of the price of similar in the sports shops or Amazon.

If I go missing it’s because I’ve dropped one on my toe or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So Ive been back at Aldi again this morn. Needed BBQ bits for tomorrow. I was after the chicken shawarma lunch pot thing aswell but it was sold out. I got this one instead. Its so tasty. Vegan and GF. They are £2.49 each though. Only downside. In the front cabinet in my store with the pre packed sandwiches etc

Oooh they also have biscoff ice creams. Havent tried them yet but the branded ones are almost £4 for 3 :eek: so Im hopeful 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
So Ive been back at Aldi again this morn. Needed BBQ bits for tomorrow. I was after the chicken shawarma lunch pot thing aswell but it was sold out. I got this one instead. Its so tasty. Vegan and GF. They are £2.49 each though. Only downside. In the front cabinet in my store with the pre packed sandwiches etc

Oooh they also have biscoff ice creams. Havent tried them yet but the branded ones are almost £4 for 3 :eek: so Im hopeful 😂
That chicken shawarma lunch pot is my new favourite lunch.. Love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Ooh that looks so good!

I simply can't be vote as I shop across both. I've converted two friends who haven't been back Waitrose since xmas 😃

Reactions: 3
I picked up the Mighty Peas yesterday....never had them before what shall i have them with?

ice.jpg

I tried these last week..soo nice & £1.99 for 3

Here are some of my faves.
brownies.png

brownies2.png

Their loaded brownies are soo soft & gooey. £1.29 for 4

pasta.png

Spinach & pine nut pasta is good, also their potato salad and giant cous cous.

unch.png

My favourite on the go lunch.

crumb.png

I haven't been able to find this for ages but their Katsu curry crumb is so nice. 45p.

I also love their Lasagne sauces. I used to be a Dolmio snob but have now switched to Aldi's Cucina bolognese and white sauce only 49p each.

No added sugar juice in Apple & Pear and the Peach flavour. 69p each.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I simply can't be vote as I shop across both. I've converted two friends who haven't been back Waitrose since xmas 😃
I struggled to vote too. I generally prefer Aldi as an overall shop, I shop in both but got tipped over to Lidl by their loyalty card with its spin to win, have only ever won once but it’s a little treat after a shop. (Tragic I know!).

Lidl also tipped it because of their bakery, it’s the 40p Portuguese tarts that do it!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.