Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Asda advert has seriously backfired for them. Came up in my recommendations on YouTube before (as if to just take the piss knowing I hate it) and it's got 216 likes and over 1,000 dislikes.

What were they thinking? Yes it has people talking about them but would you really class people calling your advert shite as successful promotion.

Reactions: 6
The purple bricks ones are annoying too. Something about that woman annoys me 😂

Reactions: 8
Asda! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired.

The sky mobile ad- This Morning have a sponsorship so you have the annoying “wouldn’t it be nice if we were....” AND THEN THE AD COMES ON AGAIN DIRECTLY AFTER AGAIN. Multiple this for EVERY Ad break!!!

Also the This Girl Can ad. I don’t need to see a tampon string hanging out just because I’m a woman and neither does my 6 year old niece.

The lispy Charlotte Tilbury ads get my back up, I think it’s actually her doing the voice over too
To say it’s Charlotte Tilbury, her adverts look SO cheap. It’s actually put me off her brand.

There is no way that Philip Schofield would even know what We Buy Any Car did (even given it’s self explanatory title!) if he hadn’t had a massive bucket of cash chucked at him to advertise it.
It’s the fact that he says “sure you might get a little more selling privately”. Clearly, he’s not one of us plebs who need every bleeping penny we can get! 🙈🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

The sky mobile ad- This Morning have a sponsorship so you have the annoying “wouldn’t it be nice if we were....” AND THEN THE AD COMES ON AGAIN DIRECTLY AFTER AGAIN. Multiple this for EVERY Ad break!!!

Also the This Girl Can ad. I don’t need to see a tampon string hanging out just because I’m a woman and neither does my 6 year old niece.

To say it’s Charlotte Tilbury, her adverts look SO cheap. It’s actually put me off her brand.

It’s the fact that he says “sure you might get a little more selling privately”. Clearly, he’s not one of us plebs who need every bleeping penny we can get! 🙈🙄
Ugh the Charlotte Tilbury one where she says magic cream or magic serum is super annoying too

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The Asda advert has seriously backfired for them. Came up in my recommendations on YouTube before (as if to just take the piss knowing I hate it) and it's got 216 likes and over 1,000 dislikes.

What were they thinking? Yes it has people talking about them but would you really class people calling your advert shite as successful promotion.
Yes, at first I felt sorry for him, thinking “oh well, he’s not a professional he tried” but it’s an actor called Muzz Khan.

Reactions: 2
Yes, at first I felt sorry for him, thinking “oh well, he’s not a professional he tried” but it’s an actor called Muzz Khan.
I genuinely cannot believe this advert made it past any vetting stage. Actually, having worked in advertising- I take that back- I can fully believe it made it, I just don't want to believe it 😳😑

The worst thing for me is that Muzz is an actor (and genuinely seems over the moon to have landed the part) but it's his actual family in the advert. I seriously hope those kids don't get it ripped into them at school. Genuinely. I don't think Ian McKellen could have made the adverts script and filming style any better so I don't hold it against Muzz.

If they wanted to bring the pocket tap back, they could have gone down the road of playing on modern social media and insta likes and called it 'the original double tap'. Or just shown the old adverts for nostalgia sake. Or, basically, just anything, anything else. Anything.

Reactions: 7

That sky mobile one makes me want to smash my house up!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The surf ones with Danni dyer! I buy
whichever branded washing powder is on offer usually but even if surf was the cheapest by a million miles i wouldn’t buy it now! “Perf with Surf” kills me

Reactions: 15
It might have been said before, I haven't read the thread but the Asda one with that god awful man. Is it supposed to make us all hate Asda?! Whoever thought that advert was a good idea needs sacking, I want to rip my eyeballs out and ears off when it comes on 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It might have been said before, I haven't read the thread but the Asda one with that god awful man. Is it supposed to make us all hate Asda?! Whoever thought that advert was a good idea needs sacking, I want to rip my eyeballs out and ears off when it comes on 🤬
There’s another one now they have a confetti canon like a baby gender reveal 🤣 it’s just as bad as the first

• Haha
That Asda advert makes no sense to me, it’s not even engaging or particularly annoying to me I just can’t engage with it at all, I totally zone out! What is the storyline meant to be? Why does the man repeat pocket-tap about a million times? Why does he have an amazingly slappable face? 😳

• Haha
I initially thought it was a poor attempt at a mockumentary, but now I'm not so sure.

As heartless as it may seem if somebody I knew had created that advert, and asked for constructive feedback, I'd be telling them it was utter tit.

• Haha
That Asda advert makes no sense to me, it’s not even engaging or particularly annoying to me I just can’t engage with it at all, I totally zone out! What is the storyline meant to be? Why does the man repeat pocket-tap about a million times? Why does he have an amazingly slappable face? 😳
Yes, he's slappable face, the kid in some of the adverts is just as bad

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The fairy non-bio tablets advert with Vogue Williams... she is insufferable

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The Santander ad with Ant and Dec. They are not the best people to advertise this company, because the script contains a falsehood. In the advert, they talk about giving people what they want. If this were the case, they would step asside, and allow new talent to do what they are doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.