Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The vision express advert with the most eye wateringly annoying repetitive ‘song’ (if you can call it that) puts my teeth on edge. Think it’s for contact lenses or something idk but the sound, argh!

Reactions: 1
The song in the Lloyds TSB advert drives me mad. Soooo many roads to chooooose
Does the song you mean is "We've only just begun?" The irony is, that Richard Carpenter from the group The Carpenters, was inspired to record a version of this song, after he heard it on the radio or television. It was originally a song that accompanied a bank commercial!

Reactions: 2
Famalam did a really good sketch on interracial couples in advertising. They used actual ads and it was just ridiculous seeing how many use an interracial couple as some sort of obscure tick box exercise. The one that seems to have absolutely gone to town on this recently is the Virgin media one where they have an interracial gay male couple and an interracial lesbian couple. Why not just show two black women? Or two Asian men? Ditto any combination including interracial relationships across ethnic 'minorities'. It just undermines both sexuality and race. It's not about representation at all- it's just about being seen to be all encompassing when, really, they're obviously still too scared to show two ethnic minorities in a relationship and have to do some insulting anchoring by means of one of them being white.

Reactions: 4
Oh the one that’s really annoying me at the moment is the ‘Cinch’ car advert with Rylan teasing the father of two kids and soon-to-be twins, implying he should’ve had the snip. Then at the end, ‘ah, you got it (the car) in what?’ so the dad deadpans, ‘a snip!’. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth somehow, I just get the impression it’s all a bit ‘ah, four kids, bit much innit!’. It’s such an odd way to go about advertising a car, even if they are showing the ‘whoops, need a bigger car!’ narrative why bring the whole ‘get the snip’ thing into it? Totally falls flat imo.

Does the song you mean is "We've only just begun?" The irony is, that Richard Carpenter from the group The Carpenters, was inspired to record a version of this song, after he heard it on the radio or television. It was originally a song that accompanied a bank commercial!
Haha! Yes!
I wish I could say what it is that annoys me - I don’t know, the song just makes me want to pull my ears off 😂 The one on the ad, is it a cover?

Famalam did a really good sketch on interracial couples in advertising. They used actual ads and it was just ridiculous seeing how many use an interracial couple as some sort of obscure tick box exercise. The one that seems to have absolutely gone to town on this recently is the Virgin media one where they have an interracial gay male couple and an interracial lesbian couple. Why not just show two black women? Or two Asian men? Ditto any combination including interracial relationships across ethnic 'minorities'. It just undermines both sexuality and race. It's not about representation at all- it's just about being seen to be all encompassing when, really, they're obviously still too scared to show two ethnic minorities in a relationship and have to do some insulting anchoring by means of one of them being white.
I have noticed a lot of adverts with a black woman and a white man as a couple. Nothing wrong with that, but why don't some of them just use a black couple? I agree it just makes it seem like the companies are box ticking.

Reactions: 12
‘Raining chaps and gals’ - eugh! Cynical talking animals just isn’t funny or appealing to me

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The one with Eva Longoria doing her greys with a box dye, she obviously doesn't do her greys with a box dye!!

Reactions: 9
The new Tesco ‘social distancing’ advert 🤦‍♀️ Can’t tell if their having a joke or not

Reactions: 5
The Asda advert! I find the man freaky! I have to turn it off! Even on the radio I have to Turn it over!

Reactions: 6
Lloyds Bank. Visually it’s lovely but the song/ singer cover version of an already woeful song We’ve only Just Begun sends me every time to the mute button. With the black horse running I feel we need the Black Beauty music... those over 50 will know 😊

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Lloyds Bank. Visually it’s lovely but the song/ singer cover version of an already woeful song We’ve only Just Begun sends me every time to the mute button. With the black horse running I feel we need the Black Beauty music... those over 50 will know 😊
I HATE all of the adverts with the female singers taking a good song and making it sound like they’re singing it with their lay dying breaths. 90s club classic but make it sound like a breathless, ‘she needs to clear her throat’ funeral song? Banks are all over it, that’s if John Lewis hasn’t baggsied it for Christmas. Honestly, why do banks need to have depressing AF songs, do ‘life events’ need to be that depressing?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I hate any perfume advert. They're always really strange and some seem to go on for ages. I've never seen a perfume ad and wanted to buy it.

Reactions: 8
I haven’t read the full thread so don’t know if this has already been mentioned.. but the new Volvo advert that goes “every morning at half past 4” I HATE it.
I work somewhere that has a set radio and this advert plays every 15 minutes. Drives me mad.

Not that I watch adverts or live TV much but I saw this listerine advert with the Donkey and a suspect voice from said donkey, creepy!

Not trying to derail the thread but why can't we have adverts like these anymore?/

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.