Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Wynne Evans (the man from the Go Compare adverts) having some kind of public breakdown. Because, what the hell are these 'behind the scenes' adverts about!? šŸ¤Ø

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ironically, I prefer him as he really is, it is like being invited back stage. :)
He's got a great voice.
But I don't know why we need to get to know the man behind the character (who, incidentally, has a radio show here in Wales). Do we actually care? I don't think it will come as a tremendous shock to anyone that Gio Compario a) isn't real and b) is actually played by a professionally trained opera singer. There's literally barely any mention of what the company even offers anymore! šŸ˜‘ grrrrrrr!!!

Reactions: 2
Sorry just skimmed the thread so if it has been mentioned apologies.

the wowcher adverts! All of the women are annoying and the advert is crap and I will never use them purely for their tit ad

• Haha
The adverts on youtube that also have a pop up. The tiktok one stands out for that

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I genuinely thought that Asda one was a mocumentary send up/joke.

I've said this on here before but, The Plantur shampoo one that says it's great for women, whispering 'especially those over 40'. We need to whisper about women being over 40 do we? duck off! It's offensive!

The Durex one about 'winning' an orgasm - who came up with that concept? Winning an orgasm? It's ridiculous.

The, I think Andrex, one about how clean? We know what toilet roll is for and I understand the challenge in advertising it but do we really need to think about how clean people's crappy arses are at dinner time? The fold or scrunch one was just :sick::sick: I don't want to know about how people wipe their arses!

And for some reason the advert for Lenor I think when they're in a bed in the high street - The shaved head girl with the toothy grin just irritates me. I think it's because they're so stupidly happy about clean sheets - just wash your bed more!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And for some reason the advert for Lenor I think when they're in a bed in the high street - The shaved head girl with the toothy grin just irritates me. I think it's because they're so stupidly happy about clean sheets - just wash your bed more!
I hate this one too but itā€™s because they basically make orgasm noises rolling around in bed, over some lenor sheets! If weā€™re thinking of the same one? Lol!

• Haha
I reported one to ASA and itā€™s been approved... canā€™t wait for it to be published

Came to say perf with surf. That advert is nauseating.

Also the one for a company called ā€˜Fertilityā€™ Or ā€˜fidelityā€™ or sometbinghere you have a young couple sitting down with their parents waiting to tell them something, presumably that theyā€™re expecting, then the parents announce theyā€™re expecting a baby and the couple look all shocked. Donā€™t even know what the company is for but the ad is annoying.

The nationwide advert with the woman reading a poem about how a cafe worker gave them a free slice of cake. Itā€™s just so twee.

Asda adverts as awful at the moment that goes without saying.

Every single covid advert. They always have to try to be emotional.

The panty liner advert where the woman says ā€œeven my wee canā€™t stop me from being meā€. I just donā€™t know how they managed to get the actress saying that on camera with a straight face, my partner and I piss ourselves laughing every time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think itā€™s a car ad. Kazoooooooooo. The ooooo goes on forever
Nationwide adverts. If itā€™s meant to be a poem itā€™s tit. Doesnā€™t rhyme
Anything with Gary Lineker in
Thereā€™s a new advert for Very. Itā€™s just a wee girl talking to her Hulk doll getting annoyed at a football. Like, what are you selling?? Apart from debt
The Colgate ad. ā€˜I was told I couldnā€™t be.... so I smiledā€™ Oh get in the bin

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Foxy Bingo - I get that it's their business model, but why does 'Foxy' have to be so annoying? Literally every advert from then makes me want to tear his head off.

SCS with This Is It playing. Except it isn't it when you've had neverending sales for the last 20 years.

Reactions: 6
I try to avoid TV as much as possible. But if pushed I really detest new car adverts.

Always the same scenario- happy clappy couple smiling at each other while they drive through empty city streets; no other vehicles in sight, lights always at green, no hold ups, just an easy trouble-free journey. But its only a bloody car at the end of the day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.