Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I HATE the Bookmakers ads currently running - especially the fact that they feature celebrities. The companies try to hide the fact that they are advertising their business, sanitising this fact by pretending its an item offering advice to help people avoid addiction.
I hate ALL bingo adverts!!

Reactions: 9
the go compare ads between Family Fortunes. I absolutely loathe that man anyway as I have met him and he is the most miserable sod I've ever laid my eyes upon, excluding my mother. He treats everyone with absolute contempt until he is "on show".
That's the opera singer from the Go Compare adverts you mean there?

THe new 'woke' John Lewis ad, where the kid goes around trashing the house while his Mum looks on. That is NOT OK. I really want to climb into the telly and sort him out.
It pisses me off every time I see it. The kid emulating drag is bad enough, drag is not for kids and this performance is clearly drag inspired - so inappropriate. But what finished me off was the fact that the kid is destroying the house, his sisters picture etc and the mum just sits there like it’s no big deal. No parent would just sit there whilst their kid is smearing paint all over the walls for fucks sake and no insurance company would pay out because you allowed your kid to wreck the place. It’s just a stupid advert that I really can’t relate to as a parent.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It pisses me off every time I see it. The kid emulating drag is bad enough, drag is not for kids and this performance is clearly drag inspired - so inappropriate. But what finished me off was the fact that the kid is destroying the house, his sisters picture etc and the mum just sits there like it’s no big deal. No parent would just sit there whilst their kid is smearing paint all over the walls for fucks sake and no insurance company would pay out because you allowed your kid to wreck the place. It’s just a stupid advert that I really can’t relate to as a parent.
exactly, the whole ad was ridiculous and the fact that it was a boy and the two female people just sat by and did nothing for me was just :mad: (sorry probably more related to the gender thread but @Bitofthebubbly I know you are there) Who on earth let this be made?!

Reactions: 4
I wasn’t bothered about him playing dress up, it was the deliberate trashing of the house and his sisters art work which annoys me. As if the insurance are going to pay out for a deliberate act

What lie is the mum going to say when she makes the claim, a tornado blew through her house?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wasn’t bothered about him playing dress up, it was the deliberate trashing of the house and his sisters art work which annoys me. As if the insurance are going to pay out for a deliberate act

What lie is the mum going to say when she makes the claim, a tornado blew through her house?
Don’t get me wrong I have no issue with kids playing dress up, boys wearing dresses etc. But drag is different imo.

Reactions: 2
Can someone explain the malteasers ad to me thats been on air for 25 years??

When she says he spun me around on the dancefloor and then...does she mean she pissed herself or :ROFLMAO: what?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All of them at the moment - they all aim to be the wokest of the woke.

Reactions: 11

When she says he spun me around on the dancefloor and then...does she mean she pissed herself or :ROFLMAO: what?
I assumed all the pearls in the necklace she borrowed went everywhere. I hate the Maltesers adverts. One of my Mum's friend's kids got a Malteser stuck up his nose.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

The necklace the woman borrowed from her friend (the one she’s talking to) broke as when she spun round the dance floor it all fell apart. When she moves all the Maltesers on the table she’s demonstrating what the necklace did

What @Emperor said

Reactions: 1

Why have they dug that rubbish out again? It was grim first time around let alone giving it another airing FGS:(

So let's see then. Velma (from Scooby-Doo) leaves her gran's heirloom necklace at Daphne's gaff who then wears it out to A Disco where she meets the wonderful Jamie (the fit one), he who in the midst of a wild jiving session flings her out sending the beads in all directions causing a major 'Elf 'n Safety Ishoo that shuts the club down for the night due to hazardous dancefloor conditions. "But I snogged him though............................." announces Daphne and then she refuses to spill the beans on what else she dun with the luscious Jamie.

This is bloody CRAP!!!! :)

Likewise guess where I'd like to stuff Mrs Oral B's sodding toothbrush with the round brushhead???? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :(

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The incontinence knickers ad. 'Wooosh!' and all that palaver. And the bit that REALLY grinds my gears is when the woman states at the end, that incontinence is '........completely normal'. 🤬 Noooo! Its NOT completely normal!!! Very common? Yes. But its NOT normal. We were not designed to p1$$ ourselves.

Reactions: 10
The Maltesers ad with the two doctors on their break discussing 'Jamie the fit one'.
The line where she says: "You know that necklace that you left at mine"

Surely I can't be the only one that hears "You know that KNICKERS that you left at mine"
It just gets more and more irritating. Take it off the air ffs! :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.