Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Verisure alarm systems
‘The neighbours got broken into last night!’
‘really? How?’ Well if I took a wild guess I’d say they came in without asking 🙄
yes! And the fact the first thing they respond with is “it could be us next!”
no mention of “oh how awful, how are they?” or anything. Callous bastards!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Well from what I see all you have to do is get that sign that says Secured by Verisure and no burglar EVER will come near your place

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I really hate the cremation advert. Why is everyone so happy and celebrating that thought? Let's pour some wine and arrange your body disposal? 😤😑

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
The Lenor Outdoorable advert “this room smells like an armpit”. They all look like they f*cking stink of armpits.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The British gas advert with that song 'turn down for what' blaring out,I can imagine some poor old dear in a nursing home about to take a nap on a chair and that advert comes blaring on TV and frightening the life out of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
and all said in a total monotone :ROFLMAO: "oh no. it could be us next" I really feel like they have just decided no point making a medicore ad may as well just make an absolutely awful one

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For me, it's the Magnum icecream ads....that 'crunch' sound as they bite into me just makes me feel 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I'm glad they left this in 2020 the song used to get stuck in my head for days o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: 2
and all said in a total monotone :ROFLMAO: "oh no. it could be us next" I really feel like they have just decided no point making a medicore ad may as well just make an absolutely awful one
They are keeping the School for Cardboard "Actors" in business :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
There's one for workman shoes, with an awfully dubbed advert, annoying voice kid, and apparently these boots make you work faster?! Magic shoes.

Reactions: 4
The Magnum ads. Because of thatt AWFUL exaggerated cracking noise as she bites into the chocolate - its fcuking annoying, and grinds my gears. Shes a pig. In fact, I put my hands over my ears when it comes on.

Reactions: 4
They are keeping the School for Cardboard "Actors" in business :)
Oh they've been back to the School for Cardboard Actors again though to present a new offerring featuring a couple eagerly welcoming the Verisure man and their sheer delight when he says he can install their stuff there and then! Woo hoo!!!!! :oops:

• Haha
There used to be one for the kids craft set 'my fairy garden' sang by someone completely tone deaf, really yanked my chain

• Heart
Reactions: 3
THe new 'woke' John Lewis ad, where the kid goes around trashing the house while his Mum looks on. That is NOT OK. I really want to climb into the telly and sort him out.

Reactions: 9
Tesco food with the mum having a ‘mare’ of a day. Seriously she’s not. The kids dropped a towel and asked what’s for dinner. Her life is rosy if that’s what she thinks is a nightmare

• Haha
Reactions: 12
THe new 'woke' John Lewis ad, where the kid goes around trashing the house while his Mum looks on. That is NOT OK. I really want to climb into the telly and sort him out.
Personally I cannot stand the JL adverts that come firing at you across the horizon stuffed full of Agendas to batter you with :(

Reactions: 6
John Lewis advert: I support diversity in advertising and I'm the last person to complain about the "woke agenda" but think it's a bit inappropriate to show a child that young in an evidently drag-inspired performance (as opposed to just dressing up or wearing makeup.)

It's otherwise similar to the ad with the little girl ballet dancing to Elton John but in that one she didn't actually break anything whereas this child actively wrecks the house. In that situation you don't need home insurance "just in case"; you need discipline!

Reactions: 8
I HATE the Bookmakers ads currently running - especially the fact that they feature celebrities. The companies try to hide the fact that they are advertising their business, sanitising this fact by pretending its an item offering advice to help people avoid addiction.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.