Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mute it, along with other ones I find annoying or too heartbreaking to watch. I'm sure adverts were better when I was a kid (which makes me sound and feel old).

Reactions: 5
I mute it, along with other ones I find annoying or too heartbreaking to watch. I'm sure adverts were better when I was a kid (which makes me sound and feel old).
Bring back the Tufty Club and the Green Cross Man!

Who remembers those sinister adverts about going off with strangers and the others where some scary cartoon woman lectured you on stuff? Then there was "Learn to swim young man - learn to swim!" No wonder I am bonkers!!!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Bring back the Tufty Club and the Green Cross Man!

Who remembers those sinister adverts about going off with strangers and the others where some scary cartoon woman lectured you on stuff? Then there was "Learn to swim young man - learn to swim!" No wonder I am bonkers!!!! ;)
PIFs: Public Information Films e.g. Charley Says, don’t talk to strangers, keep away from electricity pylons, don’t play on abandoned waste sites, keep away from railway lines. There were a whole succession of them and they did their job as some of them were really scary

Reactions: 4
I’m hating all these regional ads lately. For example… up north, we’re shown ads where everyone is speaking with a really strong Yorkshire accent, as if to suggest that everyone in the north speaks like that. The life insurance once’s are particularly irritating. My bet is that Scottish folk are also watching the same ad, but with people speaking in a “general” Scottish accent… down south with a “general” London accent etc etc

Last edited:
And Wellyphant (sp?) saying never touch matches, along with a child describing how she was playing with her dolly and saw some matches on the side. Makes me shiver now.

Reactions: 1
Flash advert with Brian Blessed when it starts off really slow. It makes me grit my teeth in angee and wanna smash the TV

PIFs: Public Information Films e.g. Charley Says, don’t talk to strangers, keep away from electricity pylons, don’t play on abandoned waste sites, keep away from railway lines. There were a whole succession of them and they did their job as some of them were really scary

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The ad with Davina McCall & Amanda Holden; why do we need to see Amanda eating noodles badly for so much of that ad, and then the silly mare is using a shoe as a phone?! Wut.

Reactions: 10
the john lewis christmas advert we are about to get on our televisions anytime after halloween

Reactions: 3
I did love the one few years ago with the bouncy trampoline Randy Crawfords song.Always choked me up.
i think because i used to work there, seeing how much they spent on adverts. the only one i’ve actually liked is the man when he lost his dog & then it died. that was a sad one, but still lol

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Angela Scanlon and her Olay advert, she’s trying to be relatable, but is coming across as really patronising and fake. And the advert for Zoeys extraordinary playlist, I did watch the first series but they’ve committed overkill with the advert for the second series.

I think my least favourite of all time is IKEA "Chuck Out Your Chintz." It was of course incredibly successful as an advert but it led to British homes looking sterile and unfriendly, and promoted an attitude of everything being disposable. As well as portraying the idea that furniture you don't like is a form of oppression and buying consumer goods is striking a blow for women's rights

Reactions: 10
I know this is an Ad I hate but I can't find an Advert I Love forum -- but I have to say I love the ITV one where the reallty twats go over for the dog and the skip comes down on the top of them and squashs them and Anna Friel comes and gets the dog. Absolute classic.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The "Indeed" advert. Nobody has that look on their face and grabs their hands to "rise up" when they get a job. And also, the go compare ads between Family Fortunes. I absolutely loathe that man anyway as I have met him and he is the most miserable sod I've ever laid my eyes upon, excluding my mother. He treats everyone with absolute contempt until he is "on show".

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.