Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Omaze competition advert. The woman is beyond annoying "you could win a 3 million pound house"
I never seen anybody talk the way the Omaze woman does. She’s talks while grinning at the same time and she has a strange tone to her voice

Also the houses they give away are beautiful but they would be a nightmare to maintain and clean

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The ones trying to flog the Royal Mint coins, and the ones with the word searches in to win prizes. Piss off 🤣
I had never really watched daytime TV until lockdown and being furloughed, but pretty much ALL daytime advertising is this, who is buying things like these coins?!

I never seen anybody talk the way the Omaze woman does. She’s talks while grinning at the same time and she has a strange tone to her voice

Also the houses they give away are beautiful but they would be a nightmare to maintain and clean
I always think about this, if I won a house like this (not that I would ever enter such a competition) I would deifnitely sell it, maintaing the house would be so much work, not just in terms of cleaning but in terms of heating etc, it would be so expensive

I had never really watched daytime TV until lockdown and being furloughed, but pretty much ALL daytime advertising is this, who is buying things like these coins?!

I always think about this, if I won a house like this (not that I would ever enter such a competition) I would deifnitely sell it, maintaing the house would be so much work, not just in terms of cleaning but in terms of heating etc, it would be so expensive
There was an article on one of those houses someone won in one of those competitions, I think it was the cotswold one? House is built on a floodplain that has flooded 🙃 so no luck selling it lol

• Wow
Reactions: 4
There was an article on one of those houses someone won in one of those competitions, I think it was the cotswold one? House is built on a floodplain that has flooded 🙃 so no luck selling it lol
I knew there had to be catches to those houses! It seems like a scam, so there had to be some fault. The big Wimbledon house on the ad at the moment looks like you only get half of that house, and the garden is a postage stamp, over looked by everyone. It's all clever angles and descriptions.

The woman's voice is incredibly annoying too!

Reactions: 2
The place with its own stream (that turned into a raging torrent to wash away 3/4 of the gardens)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I knew there had to be catches to those houses! It seems like a scam, so there had to be some fault. The big Wimbledon house on the ad at the moment looks like you only get half of that house, and the garden is a postage stamp, over looked by everyone. It's all clever angles and descriptions.

The woman's voice is incredibly annoying too!
yeah the whole concept of it seems like a scam, like those competitions they have on This Morning etc, there is a reason these kind of things are promoted to people who probably aren't working and might be really short of money rather than on prime time tv later in the evening imo

The one where the lady says "oooooh" for a really long time. I can't even remember what it's advertising, some kind of bank thing. Exemplary work from the marketing team, obviously. I just know I hate it.

Reactions: 9
The one where the lady says "oooooh" for a really long time. I can't even remember what it's advertising, some kind of bank thing. Exemplary work from the marketing team, obviously. I just know I hate it.
A card reader. Nothing that exciting!

• Haha
The hypocrisy of the Halifax ad using an Oasis song when Noel Gallagher is a covid-denier and anti-mask wearer! 🙄

This is probably really mean but the Macmillian one with the little girl sobbing and the loud as duck classical music. Both sounds are horrendous.

Reactions: 1
Nothing against the dog, but if you didn't see the caption, would you know what it was advertising?

Some adverts try too hard to be amusing, so sometimes viewers/consumers miss the whole point of it.
Oh dear, this damn dog is haunting me! Is he fake or not? I saw the advert again earlier and now all I see in my mind's eye is something woolly and it's making me itch 😧

• Haha
I haven't watched normal tv for years i always watch YouTube Netflix now amazon prime etc and the adverts that drives me nuts there's 2 of them

1.the stupid auto glass advert it sends my son aged 14 into hysterics as he knows how much i hate it

2.i cant remember what its for (think it might be a branded fridge but the young girl wont eat fresh veg or fruit or something and the whole football team goes to encourage her like no.....

I haven't watched normal tv for years i always watch YouTube Netflix now amazon prime etc and the adverts that drives me nuts there's 2 of them

1.the stupid auto glass advert it sends my son aged 14 into hysterics as he knows how much i hate it

2.i cant remember what its for (think it might be a branded fridge but the young girl wont eat fresh veg or fruit or something and the whole football team goes to encourage her like no.....
2) Is it Beko Harvest Fresh?

I think its Beko. She won't eat fruit & veg but when she sees FC Barca (or whoever they are) munching carrots she suddenly decides to join in the carrot-crunching - gawd I'd hate to see what happens if she saw them all getting rat-arsed after a game! ;)

Likewise I think its also this company who have the Disco Fridge where the lights in the cool box at the bottom change colour from red to blue to allegedly mimic the passage of daytime into night - they say this keeps yer veggies fresher! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :unsure: I'd expect the fridge to launch into the Bee Gees doing Night Fever every time you open the ruddy door to get the milk out for a cuppa

• Haha
So annoyed by the crappy verisure alarms ads.

Puts me off buying them.

Another one…this stupid Climate Pledge advert, with the obnoxious kids saying ‘what’s it going to take for you to DO something?’ Little brats
I saw this advert yesterday and as they walked over the bridge I was willing for it to fall through! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.