Adele

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that she's popular and talented, but her voice sounds like snot smeared down glass to me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
same I’ve seen her twice. Both were fantastic. Wasn’t “boring or depressing”. People can be so snotty when it comes to music taste 😂 what utter imbecile would PAY to see an artist they like ???? shocking I know
Well with her music sounding that way you can see why people would presume that. I get she has some upbeat songs but the big big hits are the moody ones. And it's an internet forum, of course people are going to be snotty about musical tastes!

Reactions: 4
Well with her music sounding that way you can see why people would presume that. I get she has some upbeat songs but the big big hits are the moody ones. And it's an internet forum, of course people are going to be snotty about musical tastes!
lol what? there’s no need to BE snotty though. There are plenty of artists I wouldn’t want to see but that’s my own personal taste. I swear music is the one thing that makes people have this superior attitude 😂

Reactions: 3
I can’t stand her.
I don’t like “shouty” singing - and she sounds like she has catarrh stuck in the back of her throat.
It seems that she is now slagging her ex husband off, as she has a new record to promote. I am sure he could come right back at her, telling the world all sorts about her / their personal life, but he will probably keep a dignified silence.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
lol what? there’s no need to BE snotty though. There are plenty of artists I wouldn’t want to see but that’s my own personal taste. I swear music is the one thing that makes people have this superior attitude 😂
I know there's no need to be that way but people just are. I guess music is a passionate topic for a lot of people! But to be fair you're on an Adele thread that's not in the Rave section so people won't exactly be discussing her in the best of lights.

Reactions: 7
I know there's no need to be that way but people just are. I guess music is a passionate topic for a lot of people! But to be fair you're on an Adele thread that's not in the Rave section so people won't exactly be discussing her in the best of lights.
totally fair it’s general discussion I’m not trying to convince people to like her it’s more a comment on the attitudes people have towards music tastes. Just reminds me of those real angry snobs on Reddit 😂

Reactions: 1
Adele is one of a few singer-songwriters who I wish would just write songs. Her voice is like nails down a chalkboard to me but I think the song-writing is pretty good.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can’t stand her.
I don’t like “shouty” singing - and she sounds like she has catarrh stuck in the back of her throat.
It seems that she is now slagging her ex husband off, as she has a new record to promote. I am sure he could come right back at her, telling the world all sorts about her / their personal life, but he will probably keep a dignified silence.
Nah in her interviews so far she said it’s about her decision to leave the marriage and her guilt over it because of her son. She also said it’s partly her saying “maybe I’m the problem”. Not sure where you’ve seen her slagging him off, I’ve noticed she’s been purposely adding positive things in about him during interviews. I saw her say she trusts him with her life and nothing bad went down. 🤷‍♀️

She's so bubbly and likeable! She looks AMAZING.

I like her personality a lot, but the whole concept of this made me cringe a bit. It feels like her Britishness is being forced a bit down the audiences throats. Almost like her team are worried about her image getting too American so they want to remind us that she’s still a down to earth Londoner. Which they don’t need to do IMO, her personality is big enough to not need concept videos like this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I like her as a person more than as a singer, I saw this early interview of her and remember it was so funny at the time, think it was someone winding her up and she took it really well

Reactions: 2
God the tit you have to do when you want to plug your music. She looks amazing though. Where can I get me some of that

Reactions: 8
Almost like her team are worried about her image getting too American so they want to remind us that she’s still a down to earth Londoner.

I'm American and while not an Adele fan (I do like some of her songs). I've seen her "new" look. While I understand what you are saying. I think it is more what her American agents think Americans want her to look like since she lost alot of weight. While as mentioned I am not a big fan of her music, I do know a few people that LOVE her (also Americans). They love her because of her music and thought she looked stunning pre-weight-loss. If it is not broke, don't fix it (meaning, don't fix her look if it worked well all these years. Just because she lost weight does not mean she needs to change EVERYTHING about herself. Rebel Wilson lost alot of weight and she did not change a thing about her past that).

Oh my god I HATE Sam Smith! I’ve only three stations tuned into my car and today Sam was being played on one, Adele on the other and Ronan Keating on the last! Considered driving myself off the bridge tbh. Sam spits down the bleeping radio ffs cba
Just figured out how block songs and artists from playing on Spotify….. the most productive thing I’ve done all day

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can’t even imagine how boring/depressing that would be
I imagine going to an Ed Sheeran concert would be the same... dire. Lol.

Unpopular opinion incoming.... Adele's voice grates me. There are some songs that are okay (Send My Love, Rolling In The Deep, Chasing Pavements). But for the most part I find her really screechy. I HATE "Someone Like You", "Hello", all the big ballads.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.