Adele

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sooo over Adele. Am suffering severely with Adele-fatigue. Can't believe that I used to enjoy hearing her roaring her head off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Same old same old.. nothing new. Wish she'd move on from break up songs as she's so talented. Also, lying about her weight loss surgery is a massive turn off.....
She's has a gastric band (and likely lipo) right? Nothing wrong with that but be honest. Mind you, when she was talking in that interview about exercising three times every day she sounded like she had some kind of disorder.

Reactions: 13
Gone right off her, she looks like a different person but more mean looking if that makes sense. It's like the weight loss has given her this ego to think she's now better than everyone and it shows in her attitude 😒

Reactions: 10
Gone right off her, she looks like a different person but more mean looking if that makes sense. It's like the weight loss has given her this ego to think she's now better than everyone and it shows in her attitude 😒
I think she looks really beautiful and perhaps she's just more confident... just wish she would admit it wasn't all natural loss.

It's blatantly obvious Adele's had a gastric band fitted. No way did she lose it naturally and isn't working out three times a day. Just be honest and admit to it no one cares.

Reactions: 11
It's blatantly obvious Adele's had a gastric band fitted. No way did she lose it naturally and isn't working out three times a day. Just be honest and admit to it no one cares.
It seems that you do care though, or why would you need her to be honest? I couldn’t give a shiny shite if she’s hacked it off with a tenon saw. It’s up to her. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t care either way but I think people forget that she’s been losing weight gradually since her first album came out. How she looked in 2009 is completely different to when she released Hello. And it’s been 6 years since then too. But it is interesting that she’s less likeable to people now she’s thinner.

Reactions: 19
I just don't get who her fan base would be. Her songs wouldn't even make passable airport music.
I used to work in a secondary school and the girls all loved Adele. I thought about how far we've fallen since Nirvana when their middle aged teacher thinks kids pop music is too bland! Adele is so dull. She needs a proper songwriter, or do something else. Look at how Kylie for eg reinvents herself because she loves to perform. Adele just churns out dull samey crap for money then moans about her tax bill!

Reactions: 18
I don’t care either way but I think people forget that she’s been losing weight gradually since her first album came out. How she looked in 2009 is completely different to when she released Hello. And it’s been 6 years since then too. But it is interesting that she’s less likeable to people now she’s thinner.

I don't just think it's her size. Her 'schtick' has always been down to earth, funny, relatable woman. When she was first famous she was fairly understated, scruffy, air of not giving a tit but still with the songs and the voice. Now she's gone stratospheric, she's more famous and richer than any of us will ever be in our lifetimes and that MUST have changed her. You can't be 'down to earth' and 'relatable' when you are a multi millionaire with A list friends and more money in the bank than Jennifer Aniston. It's obvious that her reality will never be something that any of us will ever be able to really comprehend and psychologically that changes our perception of her - rightly or wrongly.

Reactions: 11
It seems that you do care though, or why would you need her to be honest? I couldn’t give a shiny shite if she’s hacked it off with a tenon saw. It’s up to her. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Agree. People want her to stay fat and admit she paid for surgery, but she shouldn't stay fat for other people if it was starting to affect her health. She was bland when she was fat and she's still bland now. She used to be 'just like us' but she made a lot of money and now hangs out with other rich people, as would I if I was rich. That's nothing to do with her music.

Reactions: 6
I agree it is nothing to do with her weightloss, I didn't like her music before she lost weight and it is of no interest to me how much she weighs.

I did read her interview with Vogue, well I got half way through it and it sounds like she can't go anywhere or do anything as she's so famous, she had to go to an exhibition with no one else there or something. I do think fame is a big trade off when you can't even live a normal life.

Reactions: 7
I don't just think it's her size. Her 'schtick' has always been down to earth, funny, relatable woman. When she was first famous she was fairly understated, scruffy, air of not giving a tit but still with the songs and the voice. Now she's gone stratospheric, she's more famous and richer than any of us will ever be in our lifetimes and that MUST have changed her. You can't be 'down to earth' and 'relatable' when you are a multi millionaire with A list friends and more money in the bank than Jennifer Aniston. It's obvious that her reality will never be something that any of us will ever be able to really comprehend and psychologically that changes our perception of her - rightly or wrongly.
You make a good point about her wealth and her Hollywood friends. I said a few posts up that I think her team are pushing her Englishness because they’re worried about her coming across too LA. But I do also think it’s her weight, a woman wrote a whole article about feeling betrayed that she lost weight 😂 I only like a handful of her songs but I understand why people go crazy for her because she doesn’t release very often. I do wonder if she’d be this popular if Amy was still alive and making music.

Reactions: 8
There's no escaping her. I have no interest in Adele's weight or her lifestyle but she's everywhere so it's hard not to have an opinion on it. I just can't stand her boring songs coming on the radio - but I think it's the "it's all weight loss through exercise" that people have a problem with. There's a very high probability that this is a lie, but she keeps peddling the same old story. I'm certain she will have had surgery to remove excess skin, at the very least. Maybe she'll discuss it on her Oprah interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
You make a good point about her wealth and her Hollywood friends. I said a few posts up that I think her team are pushing her Englishness because they’re worried about her coming across too LA. But I do also think it’s her weight, a woman wrote a whole article about feeling betrayed that she lost weight 😂 I only like a handful of her songs but I understand why people go crazy for her because she doesn’t release very often. I do wonder if she’d be this popular if Amy was still alive and making music.

Amy was leagues apart IMVHO. Adele can sing but the songs are turgid and have no variety at all. Amy's songs were dark as duck but could also be uplifting. Adele's is all 'oh I'm a bit mopey, but I'll be fine' followed by a huge crescendo. The sad irony though is that Amy would probably have lost a considerable edge if she'd gotten sober and clean.

Reactions: 19
Amy was leagues apart IMVHO. Adele can sing but the songs are turgid and have no variety at all. Amy's songs were dark as duck but could also be uplifting. Adele's is all 'oh I'm a bit mopey, but I'll be fine' followed by a huge crescendo. The sad irony though is that Amy would probably have lost a considerable edge if she'd gotten sober and clean.
I didn’t think that much of Amy’s voice, it was hard to understand what she was saying sometimes but I did prefer her songs, they were more complex and like you say dark. I guess Amy didn’t have such a wide audience either. People tend to sneer that Adele’s audience are “soccer moms” and that’s why she sells so much. But it’s quite a feat to appeal to so many demographics.

Reactions: 2
Honestly this song is so run of the mill it's unreal. Sounded like a typical X Factor Bootcamp, with some guy playing the piano in the background next to a Palm tree. I'd half expect Simon Cowell to stick his hand up to stop it after a minute or so and then Sinitta to appear dressed like a bleeping quality street wrapper.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Honestly this song is so run of the mill it's unreal. Sounded like a typical X Factor Bootcamp, with some guy playing the piano in the background next to a Palm tree. I'd half expect Simon Cowell to stick his hand up to stop it after a minute or so and then Sinitta to appear dressed like a bleeping quality street wrapper.

Followed by Louis: 'You look like a popstar, you sound like a popstar. I TINK YOU'RE A POPSTAR', followed by footage of her working her minimum wage in the local Asda in between caring for her dying Nan and disabled hamster...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Sorry but her song is boring...same old lyrics ....imo.

Reactions: 9
For once in my life I was ahead of the curve (no weight loss link intended!) as I have NEVER got the appeal of Adele. I dislike her shouty, mannered, singing style, her songs are dull as ditchwater and her personality makes a fishwife seem classy. Good to see some people feel the same 😀. Felt I was on my own with that opinion for a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.