Adam the Woo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would it be safe to assume that Jenna from RTV doesn't have a job? She livestreams during the day and the recent video was her getting a Sea World Annual Pass.
She had a job until COVID hit and she lost her job with the shut down. I believe she was in retail at the time. She has not gotten a job since then. They did just announce on one of their streams that Dale finally got a new job. He lost his during COVID too. Maybe between Dale and the YT channel, she doesn't need to work anymore.

So will Adam return to Florida or head to California? My vote would be California and anything but Disneyland. He'd have to pay each time he went to Disneyland so maybe he will branch out. Or maybe NYC will come true now? Or a "special friend" will visit him in Florida? Lol. Speculation is more fun than his videos.

Adam your safe phrase is still "hashtag heck it!" but someone else will have to hear it as I rarely watch a full video from you these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So will Adam return to Florida or head to California? My vote would be California and anything but Disneyland. He'd have to pay each time he went to Disneyland so maybe he will branch out. Or maybe NYC will come true now? Or a "special friend" will visit him in Florida? Lol. Speculation is more fun than his videos.

Adam your safe phrase is still "hashtag heck it!" but someone else will have to hear it as I rarely watch a full video from you these days.
When he moved back to Florida he said he was staying here until it got hot and humid. Then he would head back to California. Based on next week’s weather report, he should probably just drop dad off, turn around, and head to California.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So a purely hypothetical situation:
You are in a theme park and you notice a live streamer there with you taking donations online.
Could you walk up to them and hand them a $5 bill and then go to security and complain about them soliciting donations on property? Might need 2 people one to hand them the money, one to complain about it. Or send them a Super Chat and show that to security saying something like you felt moved by their soliciting and had to give them money.
Video would show you voluntarily handing them $5, and kill your plot. Or they might actually refuse it outright. Or they could just post your face on YouTube. Seems like a poorly thought out plan.

Why not join the super chat, and point out the grift live? Seems like a better use of trolling. It also protects your anonymity.

If Disney wanted to enforce its no video for profit park attendance rules they could do it in a flash and shutdown 90% of all Disney vlogging. It would really increase the perks and Disney’s control of handing out media passes and invites. They don’t because the benefits of the free advertising outweigh the cons. I could see them doing it someday if they wanted tighter control. If I were a Disney vlogger and it’s was my full time job or even just a large percentage of my income it would keep me up at night. Actually, between getting kicked off YouTube, Disney pulling the rug out from you, and just getting on wrong end of a social media storm there are plenty of reasons being a vlogger is fraught with concerns.
Exactly. Disney realizes its good free press. Also, the Vloggers pose no more of a threat, than the 10,000 other guests taking selfies, filming, etc. If the Vloggers were approaching random guests for comments, contributions, in-park guest donation (not from Patreons or other out-of-park platforms), or some other annoyance, I'm sure Disney would come down with the hammer of the Gods.

I love iThemePark's walkthroughs. He has good production. They tailed him. He filmed a clandestinen security officer following him, and was banned. That to me was dumb, but Disney can do as it wants.

The only vlog thing that truly annoys me, is when they film their feet while walking. Just point the camera up. Adam ruins so many shots doing the same.

Video would show you voluntarily handing them $5, and kill your plot. Or they might actually refuse it outright. Or they could just post your face on YouTube. Seems like a poorly thought out plan.

Why not join the super chat, and point out the grift live? Seems like a better use of trolling. It also protects your anonymity.
Of course I'm voluntarily giving them money I saw their/his/hers live stream with the donate button on and saw other people giving them money and figured I'd give them the money in person. If they refuse I'd just loudly say something like "what you can take hundreds of dollars online but not my money in person?! That's discrimination! Security!"

The plan probably needs more tweaking and might work better with more people but like I said just a hypothetical.

Has he said he's still not vaccinated? Isn't the rule to go maskless you'd need a vaccine?

Reactions: 2
Has he said he's still not vaccinated? Isn't the rule to go maskless you'd need a vaccine?
no, the rules are the same for everyone at disney. masks not necessary outside, but have to be worn by everyone in shops/attractions etc

If Disney wanted to enforce its no video for profit park attendance rules they could do it in a flash and shutdown 90% of all Disney vlogging. It would really increase the perks and Disney’s control of handing out media passes and invites. They don’t because the benefits of the free advertising outweigh the cons. I could see them doing it someday if they wanted tighter control. If I were a Disney vlogger and it’s was my full time job or even just a large percentage of my income it would keep me up at night. Actually, between getting kicked off YouTube, Disney pulling the rug out from you, and just getting on wrong end of a social media storm there are plenty of reasons being a vlogger is fraught with concerns.
I am not sure I agree with "free advertising" as much as these vloggers and live streamers are more of a nuisance. Other than showing new construction or riding the people mover all day, they really don't offer anything. They sell their t shirts while livestreaming and literally have PayPal and superchat active so that people can give them their hard earned money for walking around the park with a phone or camera. Disneyland and Walt Disney World don't need advertising. The Disney name speaks for itself. I feel like the vloggers and livestreamers who constantly go to the parks and film are ruining the Disney experience. Sure, if you like watching someone else have fun at Disney while you are at home, then good for you. I would rather be surprised and experience the newness of attractions and food when I go to WDW in person rather than watching someone do it.

Reactions: 4
I am not sure I agree with "free advertising" as much as these vloggers and live streamers are more of a nuisance. Other than showing new construction or riding the people mover all day, they really don't offer anything. They sell their t shirts while livestreaming and literally have PayPal and superchat active so that people can give them their hard earned money for walking around the park with a phone or camera. Disneyland and Walt Disney World don't need advertising. The Disney name speaks for itself. I feel like the vloggers and livestreamers who constantly go to the parks and film are ruining the Disney experience. Sure, if you like watching someone else have fun at Disney while you are at home, then good for you. I would rather be surprised and experience the newness of attractions and food when I go to WDW in person rather than watching someone do it.
I agree with some of your post but I have to disagree with the free advertising thing. I can say for sure that when I was stanning T&J I spent money on merch and activities I wouldnt have even known existed unless I watched their videos. Being local is one thing, but when you only get to go for a week every few years, there is so much that you miss! The one thing the vloggers definitely do is show details of the park that could be lost on people who only have so much time in the parks.

I agree with some of your post but I have to disagree with the free advertising thing. I can say for sure that when I was stanning T&J I spent money on merch and activities I wouldnt have even known existed unless I watched their videos. Being local is one thing, but when you only get to go for a week every few years, there is so much that you miss! The one thing the vloggers definitely do is show details of the park that could be lost on people who only have so much time in the parks.
I agree here. The Disney Vloggers often feature obscure merchandise, tour the gift shops, "purchase" items for their person, and create buzz among their audience. Disney could spend hundreds of thousands producing similar daily content, hiring a ridiculously large production staff (because Vlog production values will be deemed trash, and about 10 different corporate committees will demand involvement), and may only equal the viewership/engagement these "influencers" bring them for free.

The only upside here is removing folks making an easy buck. All because we may or may not like. The amount of YT Earnings "lost" to influencers, pale in comparison, to the CapEx needed to duplicate or replace their function. How many different restaurants has Nate eaten in, that I couldn't afford to visit due to time and budget constraints? How about the places I didn't even know existed, because I won't afford staying "on property". These vloggers remind folks, they can visit them anyway.

I think its an oversimplification, to say Disney could easily do it. As greedy as Disney is, you can bet they performed a cost/benefit analysis. They likely decided its cheaper. Just let these YouTube Channels, exist with their already captured audiences. Lord knows Disney's Lawyers aren't afraid to shut things down, that they feel infringe on their earnings.

ATW, TTT, JSE, and PMM reach something near 200K views. If the number reduced to 75K-100K when removing overlap, that's a ton of eyeballs.

• Heart
The only upside here is removing folks making an easy buck. All because we may or may not like. The amount of YT Earnings "lost" to influencers, pale in comparison, to the CapEx needed to duplicate or replace their function. How many different restaurants has Nate eaten in, that I couldn't afford to visit due to time and budget constraints? How about the places I didn't even know existed, because I won't afford staying "on property". These vloggers remind folks, they can visit them anyway.
This is why I personally love PMM. He eats everywhere and shows the food in detail. My husband is a super picky eater and I find his videos helpful in that respect.

Reactions: 5
OT: anyone else every watch Tom does Disney and his livestreams? I only remember him from his freak out on the jungle cruise a couple of years ago. The guy always gave off a weird vibe to me. Watched part of a stream lately, and he doesn’t even seem like he wants to be there anymore.

This is why I personally love PMM. He eats everywhere and shows the food in detail. My husband is a super picky eater and I find his videos helpful in that respect.
I only found his ex wife’s channel the other day. She’s different from Nate, but I do enjoy her videos so far. Very sarcastic and seems like she isn’t trying to impress anyone. I think she did the editing on the old PMM videos. Her videos remind me a lot of his older ones with the musical montages and such.

BLAB might top the Trackers as most annoying vloggers. I unsubbed from them a long time ago but now they’re in Adam’s vlogs and I’m ready to scratch my eyes out every time I see KT.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.