Adam the Woo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adam is a college drop out (1 semester or less I think?) and had a career in retail where I think he never rose to management. So he was making peanuts in a dead end job. Even though he's talked about maxing out his credit cards to pay his taxes I suspect he is more financially savvy than he lets on. The pouring everything into Disney stock if true and if timed at the beginning of the pandemic might make him a tidy sum of money. DVC isn't a great investment but he can likely write most if not all of it off on his taxes as he is using it you produce his videos. I can see DVC working out for people who bought in early or just buy the points as a way to get a better on property experience.

Going back to his rambling video he mentioned going a giveaway later this year. If he comes through with this and it isn't tied to some merchandise sales (see a ton of car vloggers pulling this BS) I will be impressed. Hitchcock would be (mildly) proud.
I thought he always just said he put his taxes on his CC for points and then paid them off. That's really not the same as the more negative connotation of "maxxing" them out. Though I do agree with you that he's more savvy than he lets on and really, that's fine with me. I cannot stand any of these vloggers but I don't exactly think the viewer is entitled to a) knowing what they do in the bedroom [see Natalie saga] or b) loom over their shoulder while they're balancing their checkbooks.

I know you didn't mention this specifically but tying into the whole "money talk" - like people always love to point out - and for as much as I hate hate hate superchats, patreon, merch sales, etc. - people can do what they want with their $$ and who they throw aka waste their hard-earned dollars on to support. But the viewer doesn't need to know a vloggers' financial history.

Reactions: 5
I know you didn't mention this specifically but tying into the whole "money talk" - like people always love to point out - and for as much as I hate hate hate superchats, patreon, merch sales, etc. - people can do what they want with their $$ and who they throw aka waste their hard-earned dollars on to support. But the viewer doesn't need to know a vloggers' financial history.
Right we don't need to know their personal financial details. Except if they are pretending they are poor to get more donations. That is where it starts to veer towards fraud and I worry about people who can't afford to send money sending it to people who really aren't in distress. There will always be another scammer popping up though vlogger or weird robo call or scam email it is best to educate people on how not to become victims. Like you said though if somebody wants to send a vlogger some money as long as no fraud involved I'm fine with that.

Adam seems pretty sincere although the whole it took 2 months to delete a Patreon and it just happens to go away right after another YouTuber calls him out is kind of sketchy.

Has anybody here ever sent a vlogger money? I haven't. I've considered merch a time or two but haven't gone that route either.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Right we don't need to know their personal financial details. Except if they are pretending they are poor to get more donations. That is where it starts to veer towards fraud and I worry about people who can't afford to send money sending it to people who really aren't in distress. There will always be another scammer popping up though vlogger or weird robo call or scam email it is best to educate people on how not to become victims. Like you said though if somebody wants to send a vlogger some money as long as no fraud involved I'm fine with that.

Adam seems pretty sincere although the whole it took 2 months to delete a Patreon and it just happens to go away right after another YouTuber calls him out is kind of sketchy.

Has anybody here ever sent a vlogger money? I haven't. I've considered merch a time or two but haven't gone that route either.
I almost bought a tracker shirt before I realized who they were....I’m real glad I didn’t. I’ve never sent any money either I don’t get annoyed at people sending $5 in a chat but when I see $20 and above I just don’t understand why

Yep, it's because the booty call that never happened. I was quoting the guy that originally claimed this, and also mentioned Adam also had a PayPal, he doesn't (at least not to my knowledge)
I for one am SHOCKED that this person is once again providing wrong information 🤣😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I for one am SHOCKED that this person is once again providing wrong information 🤣😂🤣
I fell for all that BS hook line and sinker. She who I won't name unless she shows up in an ATW video or on his social media is still claiming she is going to NYC soon. It's fun to drink the tea we aren't under sworn oath or anything here some speculation is fun but she just appears to be an attention seeker to put it very mildly.

Adam if you read here give us a hashtag heck it in a vlog please.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I did send some money to two channels I really enjoy that are UK based and struggled to keep making content during the lockdown over there.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.