Adam Hattan #5 The Queen has died! What’ll he do? 2 weeks delay on a Moo Moo Sharoo!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adam might be paying this off for a while but they’ll be back to WDW quicker than you can say ‘moo moo sharoo, it’s Andy and Lou’
Future thread title there!
---
It takes me three or four goes to get through his vlogs as I'm not sitting there for an hour at a time. I always wonder if that maybe explains his high views, as people are having to watch it multiple times to see all of it.
There’s no way I’m giving him that much time, I ‘watch’ through Tattle!
So did they not venture out of Disney at all? There is so much going around Disneyland that will give views far more than park based content, the guy really is a knob to not realise that. Actually he’s just a lazy goon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I don't believe for a second his vlogs/merch would get anywhere near 40-50k a year profit after tax to facilitate that many 10k trips. There has to be some kind of parental involvement. Even if he could manage to make 40k+ a year on his Disney content to cover the trips, how does he fund his normal life outside the parks? He still has bills to pay when he's at home.

So if he spends 50K a year on Disney, let's say another 36k a year on normal expenses outside the trips, assuming a normal tax rate he's got to be making well over 120K a year to allow for this, and that's just not happening with his current viewership numbers.

Reactions: 10
May I ask what is a Moo Moo Sharoo is? Is it just a saying or is it just non sense? Sorry I am too lazy to look.

I don't believe for a second his vlogs/merch would get anywhere near 40-50k a year profit after tax to facilitate that many 10k trips. There has to be some kind of parental involvement. Even if he could manage to make 40k+ a year on his Disney content to cover the trips, how does he fund his normal life outside the parks? He still has bills to pay when he's at home.

So if he spends 50K a year on Disney, let's say another 36k a year on normal expenses outside the trips, assuming a normal tax rate he's got to be making well over 120K a year to allow for this, and that's just not happening with his current viewership numbers.
What is it that his parents do that would be able to fund that lifestyle for one of their kids? They must be living the same kind of lifestyle themselves too

Reactions: 1
What is it that his parents do that would be able to fund that lifestyle for one of their kids? They must be living the same kind of lifestyle themselves too
I have wondered this too. I keep reading in this thread that his parents fund his lifestyle. I just thought I was missing some of the pieces, as I know nothing of his background other than the blah, blah Epcot job he talks about occasionally. 🤪

What do his parents do that would allow them to bankroll this grown man continually? Or, is it old-family money stuff?

Someone share the tea with us in the dark! :) 🍵

On his SocialBlade*, the top end of the annual estimate is £25k per year.

A quick Google suggests videos getting 100k views are worth about $500 - $1000. So some rough maths - he may have earnt up to $4000 off the 4 Disneyland vlogs so far... so isn't going to pay off the holiday, not even close.

I don't have enough knowledge, but I am sure there are some people who work in merchandising who could give a rough estimate on what he's making off his merch.

But this pretty much confirms he isn't funding this himself.

*I know this estimates have to be taken with a pinch of salt

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I have wondered this too. I keep reading in this thread that his parents fund his lifestyle. I just thought I was missing some of the pieces, as I know nothing of his background other than the blah, blah Epcot job he talks about occasionally. 🤪

What do his parents do that would allow them to bankroll this grown man continually? Or, is it old-family money stuff?

Someone share the tea with us in the dark! :) 🍵
Maybe he's a Jamie Lang type person that lives off old family money

I wouldn't suggest the parents fund the lifestyle entirely, necessarily. But, sending him a few grand here and there? Could totally see that. Especially if he is schmoozing them with "Director Hattan of The Hattan Company kinda dreams/delusions"

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wouldn't suggest the parents fund the lifestyle entirely, necessarily. But, sending him a few grand here and there? Could totally see that. Especially if he is schmoozing them with "Director Hattan of The Hattan Company kinda dreams/delusions"
I don’t think they have money. There’s a video from years ago at V&As, I’d have to watch it again but that was the impression I got.

He has never struck me as coming from a well off background

Certainly the obvious signs aren't there. He isn't particularly well spoken, well dressed or groomed, particularly well educated (as in top schools/unis), lifestyle doesn't seem that lavish. I think money he earns just gets reinvested in disney trips. You take disney trips out of the equation and he and Gary aren't all that different.

I wonder if he has another job. After all what else does he do with his time, he certainly isn't spending it working on his business. He may just be a virtual assistant or something

Does Adam have his own place or live with family? Please tell me the framed Dream Guides aren't on display in the family living room...

• Haha
He has never struck me as coming from a well off background

Certainly the obvious signs aren't there. He isn't particularly well spoken, well dressed or groomed, particularly well educated (as in top schools/unis), lifestyle doesn't seem that lavish. I think money he earns just gets reinvested in disney trips. You take disney trips out of the equation and he and Gary aren't all that different.

I wonder if he has another job. After all what else does he do with his time, he certainly isn't spending it working on his business. He may just be a virtual assistant or something
lavish or not, the math simply doesn’t add up. He lives alone, has a car payment and spends 40-50k a year on Disney. Maybe it’s not parental support, maybe he’s got some sugar daddies or something, who knows. There’s just no way he makes enough from his Disney stuff to fund even the trips (let alone his normal expenses and bills.)

I don’t know how it works in the UK, but if he was American he would be writing off these trips as a business expenses due to his channel and books.

I also think he has cast member friends for discounts. Many of his WDW choices are the typical resorts with cast discounts.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know how it works in the UK, but if he was American he would be writing off these trips as a business expenses due to his channel and books.

I also think he has cast member friends for discounts. Many of his WDW choices are the typical resorts with cast discounts.
The full cost? A family member worked for themselves but as far as I know couldn't claim the full cost just some tax relief

Last edited:
A write off just reduces the tax bill. He’d still have to pay and if they were allowable expenses they’d reduce the tax bill but even if he had a £0 tax bill he still has to pay the 50k for the holidays.

The chances of Adam earning a living working online as a virtual assistance or an IC with the likes of Telus or Appen is 0. I had a flirtation with that type of work in between jobs and it’s truly awful. You’re competing with people in developing countries who will work for £2 an hour. Companies wanting a full time assistant can get someone in the Phillipines with perfect English for pennies. The IC jobs with the likes of Telus are better but there’s no guarantee of work. £10 an hour but there’s only a few hours a week available and you have to log in as soon as they upload it or others will take it. That could be the middle of the night.
---
That girl who does DLP all the time - Samisgod or something) is similar to Adam in that she does not work, had basically never worked aside from a bit of ushering in a threate for min wage. She’s not well groomed or well dressed or well spoken. She didn’t go to a good uni or do any training. Her parents are both professionals who fund this for her. She’s open about it though I think because everyone in the Disney bloggers thread knows her story 😂

I agree the numbers don't add up, but I don't think he comes from money. Maybe a comfortable middle class family, is he an only child?

Could be an inheritance or a gift or loan to set up 'his business'. Maybe he lives in a house his family own so pays minimal rent. I think a lot of disney vloggers live off credited cards so that's possible, he strikes me as someone thinking success is just around the corner. He will have also made some good money during lockdown with the lockdown views so that will have helped.

Reactions: 4
A write off just reduces the tax bill. He’d still have to pay and if they were allowable expenses they’d reduce the tax bill but even if he had a £0 tax bill he still has to pay the 50k for the holidays.

The chances of Adam earning a living working online as a virtual assistance or an IC with the likes of Telus or Appen is 0. I had a flirtation with that type of work in between jobs and it’s truly awful. You’re competing with people in developing countries who will work for £2 an hour. Companies wanting a full time assistant can get someone in the Phillipines with perfect English for pennies. The IC jobs with the likes of Telus are better but there’s no guarantee of work. £10 an hour but there’s only a few hours a week available and you have to log in as soon as they upload it or others will take it. That could be the middle of the night.
---
That girl who does DLP all the time - Samisgod or something) is similar to Adam in that she does not work, had basically never worked aside from a bit of ushering in a threate for min wage. She’s not well groomed or well dressed or well spoken. She didn’t go to a good uni or do any training. Her parents are both professionals who fund this for her. She’s open about it though I think because everyone in the Disney bloggers thread knows her story 😂
I’ve watched a few of her videos and wondered what else she did as she seems to be in Disney a lot…

I agree the numbers don't add up, but I don't think he comes from money. Maybe a comfortable middle class family, is he an only child?

Could be an inheritance or a gift or loan to set up 'his business'. Maybe he lives in a house his family own so pays minimal rent. I think a lot of disney vloggers live off credited cards so that's possible, he strikes me as someone thinking success is just around the corner. He will have also made some good money during lockdown with the lockdown views so that will have helped.
He has a younger sister called Gemma. She worked in WH Smith, then did really well at uni and got a proper job I believe. I think she stopped following him on all social

Adam didn’t go to uni (not saying you have to; I didn’t). But no education, no solid work background. When the Disney bubble bursts he’s screwed.

I might be skewed because I just have known so many people whose lives / rent were funded by their parents even though they weren’t exceptionally rich.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.