Adam Hattan #4 Going broke for DVC, $6000 on pins for oooh Gary C

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all!

I’m a first time poster on this thread but I’ve been familiar with Gary C for over a decade.

It first started in 2011/2012 when I used to watch The Skorpion Show, a YouTube channel where two gay black men from the housing projects of Philadelphia would discuss black pop culture news. Gary C caught my eye as his profile picture was the only white male face in the comments section (the channel must have had about 95% black American woman viewership - as well as mainstream pop culture, the show would focus on BET shows or scandals involving black megachurch pastors etc).

I would click on his profile picture and be fascinated by a grown man whose YouTube channel was dedicated to making and performing with Jim Henson-esque puppets. I’m sure he made a puppet introduction for one of the Skorpion Show videos at one point but I can’t find it. Weirdly, almost all evidence of the puppet era appears to have been deleted from Gary C’s channel but it’s still online if you really want to find it:
View attachment 1531141
View attachment 1531142

In the summer of 2013, Kevin (host of The Skorpion Show) came to London and who should be pride of place at the fan meet and greet but Gary C. He was the only white person there (and one of the only men) and I continued to be perplexed by why a 30-year-old white man from the Home Counties who made puppets in his spare bedroom had such an interest in this obscure YouTube channel. He seemed like the type of person that the hosts of the show would normally take the piss out of.

View attachment 1531143

Over the years, Gary C’s name would pop up everywhere. Every 18 months or so, I’d see him in the comments section of a random video on in a photo with a random YouTuber or randomly on Twitter. I never followed him or showed an interest but the man appeared to get around more times than the 64 bus. The devil worked hard but Gary C worked harder. He has even appeared in a video alongside the evil J*el W*od - the man who brought me to Tattle. (Hi @Venom!)

Imagine me surprise when I was scrolling through Tattle a few months ago and I saw Gary C’s name pop up in a thread title (this one)! I was intrigued that he had seemingly reinvented himself as a Disney Adult vlogger. Adam’s most recent Disneyland Paris video popped up on my recommended section yesterday and OH MY GOD. I was hooked.

It was like watching two outpatients from the local psychiatric ward being forced around a theme park against their will (whilst being told to document the whole thing on camera). The juxtaposition between their giddy outbursts and the general disdain of being there, the out of focus shots, the mundane commentary in retail store after retail store, the fact that this is Adam’s JOB and he appears to hate it. It was like something from Alan Partridge. The entire concept (very long episodes of unedited and poorly-shot footage) is so hideously dated - it’s like a travel vlog from 2009. I swiftly watched the Disney Wish series too (which wasn’t quite as tragic, unfortunately).

A few thoughts/questions:
  • I’ve only read this thread and not the previous 3 but someone said Gary C approached Adam at a Summer in the City event and that’s how they met? If so, I’m not surprised because my impression of Gary C over the last 10 years is that he’s a massive social climber and will get in with any YouTuber who’ll have him.
  • Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Gary C’s situation? I take it that he has some unspecified leg issue that means he can’t work but can walk around theme parks and cruise ships for hours on end? Has he ever had a proper job? Or is it his mental health issues that prevent him from working? The puppet thing appeared to be quite successful - why did he stop it?
  • What’s Adam’s timeline/situation? I think there was reference in a video to him having worked for Disney in a park. Did he quit and now he just does random travel videos every few months?
  • I highly recommend this really sad and tragic documentary about Gary C. Alfie Deyes is in the comments section and everything:
I was watching a vlog a little while ago whilst my sister was at my house (19) and she said omg thats Gary C! Turns out she knew him because she's obsessed with a successful singer call Dodee who started out on YouTube and Gary used to appear in them but seems she's ditched him since she got her break (or realised he's a limpit for fame)

Reactions: 6
There is absolutely nothing that "vloggers" can now benefit the Disney fans. ESPECIALLY the two

They were fun during the shut-down... But, they have nothing to offer now. Zzzz...

Eye is roll...

Reactions: 4
Why does he smile like he is suffering?
It's because he's fundamentally not a very nice person and thinks he's above meeting rubes, so he cannot even fake a real smile, he just looks like he's swallowing acid.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m a bit late but the issue with Adam and the whole ‘oooh I’ve cleared my bank account’ in a cost of living crisis is not the fact he’s going to Disney, but the way he goes about it. The whole “omg I have NOTHINg” attitude is so gross when you’re spending THOUSANDS on stupid little trips to Disney, when most of us are just thinking about how to get through the winter with sufficient heat and food.
Go to Disney, spend your money on tit but DONT pretend that it’s actually hurting your bank balance. A lot of people (this is how I found Adam’s account, but I can barely get through a vlog now) are watching as an escape from the absolute tit show that is this country right now, and a little bit of Disney escapism is usually quite nice but when you’ve got two bimbos moaning about how difficult it is for them (to add, im aware brogan does this too🤔) whether that be physically, mentally or financially is just appalling. Stay the duck at home if a Disney trip is so very damaging to you

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I thought that “concierge” room they at the Grand Floridian was a bit tit considering what he must have paid for it. Assuming he did pay. I mean it was nice but nothing special. Seems to me that when you get sucked into Disney theme parking the whole “is that worth it” part of the brain gets suppressed.
That pontoon with 10 empty seats. Billy no mates. He’s always too familiar with cast members too. You’re British, witch. Be reserved and don’t talk to the staff 😏. I’m joking obviously but he is so try-hard and un-cool. It feels like he is trying to pull every male cast member he meets. Cringe.

Reactions: 10
I thought that “concierge” room they at the Grand Floridian was a bit tit considering what he must have paid for it. Assuming he did pay. I mean it was nice but nothing special. Seems to me that when you get sucked into Disney theme parking the whole “is that worth it” part of the brain gets suppressed.
That pontoon with 10 empty seats. Billy no mates. He’s always too familiar with cast members too. You’re British, witch. Be reserved and don’t talk to the staff 😏. I’m joking obviously but he is so try-hard and un-cool. It feels like he is trying to pull every male cast member he meets. Cringe.
I physically shrivel up with cringe when he talks to cast members and characters like they're best mates.

• Heart
The Grand Floridian is incredibly overhyped and over priced. It's not even close to luxury. It's a 4 star hotel at best trading off its location and customers fomo and snobbishness

Reactions: 11
The Grand Floridian is incredibly overhyped and over priced. It's not even close to luxury. It's a 4 star hotel at best trading off its location and customers fomo and snobbishness
I think that about all Disney hotels when I watch these videos. Most look about 15 years old and cramped. And a good percentage are very tacky. I’ll admit I’m not a Disney fan and watch people like Adam with a morbid curiosity. But I don’t understand why people pay the prices they do for such a poor product

Reactions: 9
I never understand why they make such a fuss over these "luxury" hotels and then never seem to spend much time in them or utilize the resort amenities. I understand most people at Disney have jam-packed days and only really use the rooms for a shower and bed, so book a value resort!

Reactions: 9
I just booked Disney world for next year. I went for a budget hotel because 1. I’m poor 2. Didn’t really see any difference between luxury tbh.

Reactions: 3
Anyone being solo and have any tips on how to book?
Not been solo, but I do love to plan a Disney trip! 11 months out is generally a good time to book your flights, unless you are happy to chance a cheap tui deal.

If I was doing a solo trip i would either book a value room because I'm not greatly fussy and do fancy POP for the skyliner or i would rent DVC points and stay at a deluxe resort. I have AKL DVC points and love that it has a small area to cook, the restaurants are nice and there is usually a lot going on the hotel. the pool is lovely too. You also get extra magic hours with a deluxe.

I have been reading about the new Disney Springs partner hotel by Drury Inn which includes a breakfast, small picking buffet dinner and a couple of drinks a night i think.

Why I am still dumbfounded that, even when not making a vlog, there are not leaving the Disney bubble and seeing other things?! (Coming from someone who loves a trip to Disney!)

Reactions: 6
I physically shrivel up with cringe when he talks to cast members and characters like they're best mates.
I think he was probably trying to flirt with the CM when he was on the boat

I'd recommend looking into a virgin Atlantic credit card, rack up points then use them for a cheaper flight and hopefully have enough money spent for a free upgrade. This worked out cheaper for us to book a flight with points and a hotel through Disney separately by about £500!

Why I am still dumbfounded that, even when not making a vlog, there are not leaving the Disney bubble and seeing other things?! (Coming from someone who loves a trip to Disney!)
They probably can't afford to. They don't even eat anywhere other than quick service most of the time

Reactions: 1
Imagine your job being literally to document Disney holidays, and then you take a Disney holiday as a break from your job of documenting Disney holidays, wut?

• Haha
I've been fortunate enough to stay in some five star hotels and disney 'luxury' doesn't come close to real luxury five star hotels. I'm a massive disney fan but their hotels are underwhelming, especially the higher up you go. You're paying for location, and it used to be for theming too. But the themes have got more watered down, I've had rooms in 3 and 4 star hotels similar to grand floridian and the other luxury disney hotel rooms

Reactions: 11
Imagine your job being literally to document Disney holidays, and then you take a Disney holiday as a break from your job of documenting Disney holidays, wut?
Could literally go to Europe, see something new, experience new things and still take a break (from going on holiday) for a fraction of the price of flights to Orlando and the cruise. Unless of course someone else is paying for it...

Lots of good advice in the Disney planning thread https://tattle.life/threads/disney-...-tricks-and-advice.6209/page-47#post-11484735

I've been fortunate enough to stay in some five star hotels and disney 'luxury' doesn't come close to real luxury five star hotels. I'm a massive disney fan but their hotels are underwhelming, especially the higher up you go. You're paying for location, and it used to be for theming too. But the themes have got more watered down, I've had rooms in 3 and 4 star hotels similar to grand floridian and the other luxury disney hotel rooms
i agree. Just before covid I stayed in the Disneyland hotel in Anaheim, and really didn’t think it was anything that special or comparable to a normal luxury experience. Now that the prices are even higher, I wont bother at all and staying off site now.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.