Adam Hattan #4 Going broke for DVC, $6000 on pins for oooh Gary C

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, I like all kinds of body types, including thicc guys, so I will shamefully admit that if Adam promised not to talk, I’d probably hit it.
Agree. I like him chunky 😋
Would need to stop him singing in falsetto though… turn off! 😆

Reactions: 4
I mean, I like all kinds of body types, including thicc guys, so I will shamefully admit that if Adam promised not to talk, I’d probably hit it.
🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 dont say it too loud.......I'm sure he'll jump you!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
He actually dresses quite well for his size and wears clothes that fit him. The problem is the terrible beard trimming. And the shite personality obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hi all!

I’m a first time poster on this thread but I’ve been familiar with Gary C for over a decade.

It first started in 2011/2012 when I used to watch The Skorpion Show, a YouTube channel where two gay black men from the housing projects of Philadelphia would discuss black pop culture news. Gary C caught my eye as his profile picture was the only white male face in the comments section (the channel must have had about 95% black American woman viewership - as well as mainstream pop culture, the show would focus on BET shows or scandals involving black megachurch pastors etc).

I would click on his profile picture and be fascinated by a grown man whose YouTube channel was dedicated to making and performing with Jim Henson-esque puppets. I’m sure he made a puppet introduction for one of the Skorpion Show videos at one point but I can’t find it. Weirdly, almost all evidence of the puppet era appears to have been deleted from Gary C’s channel but it’s still online if you really want to find it:
garyc.jpg

7369513-B-C152-4-F66-B263-785-E673655-B0.jpg

In the summer of 2013, Kevin (host of The Skorpion Show) came to London and who should be pride of place at the fan meet and greet but Gary C. He was the only white person there (and one of the only men) and I continued to be perplexed by why a 30-year-old white man from the Home Counties who made puppets in his spare bedroom had such an interest in this obscure YouTube channel. He seemed like the type of person that the hosts of the show would normally take the piss out of.

6-F273433-DD07-450-B-A388-AC0-E3-C3621-A7.jpg

Over the years, Gary C’s name would pop up everywhere. Every 18 months or so, I’d see him in the comments section of a random video on in a photo with a random YouTuber or randomly on Twitter. I never followed him or showed an interest but the man appeared to get around more times than the 64 bus. The devil worked hard but Gary C worked harder. He has even appeared in a video alongside the evil J*el W*od - the man who brought me to Tattle. (Hi @Venom!)

Imagine me surprise when I was scrolling through Tattle a few months ago and I saw Gary C’s name pop up in a thread title (this one)! I was intrigued that he had seemingly reinvented himself as a Disney Adult vlogger. Adam’s most recent Disneyland Paris video popped up on my recommended section yesterday and OH MY GOD. I was hooked.

It was like watching two outpatients from the local psychiatric ward being forced around a theme park against their will (whilst being told to document the whole thing on camera). The juxtaposition between their giddy outbursts and the general disdain of being there, the out of focus shots, the mundane commentary in retail store after retail store, the fact that this is Adam’s JOB and he appears to hate it. It was like something from Alan Partridge. The entire concept (very long episodes of unedited and poorly-shot footage) is so hideously dated - it’s like a travel vlog from 2009. I swiftly watched the Disney Wish series too (which wasn’t quite as tragic, unfortunately).

A few thoughts/questions:
  • I’ve only read this thread and not the previous 3 but someone said Gary C approached Adam at a Summer in the City event and that’s how they met? If so, I’m not surprised because my impression of Gary C over the last 10 years is that he’s a massive social climber and will get in with any YouTuber who’ll have him.
  • Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Gary C’s situation? I take it that he has some unspecified leg issue that means he can’t work but can walk around theme parks and cruise ships for hours on end? Has he ever had a proper job? Or is it his mental health issues that prevent him from working? The puppet thing appeared to be quite successful - why did he stop it?
  • What’s Adam’s timeline/situation? I think there was reference in a video to him having worked for Disney in a park. Did he quit and now he just does random travel videos every few months?
  • I highly recommend this really sad and tragic documentary about Gary C. Alfie Deyes is in the comments section and everything:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
  • What’s Adam’s timeline/situation? I think there was reference in a video to him having worked for Disney in a park. Did he quit and now he just does random travel videos every few months?
Adam worked in the cultural exchange program in Epcot, but quit in order to do...whatever it is he does.

Nominally, he's a YouTuber and head of his own company that....well, no one is quite sure what it does. He nominally writes guidebooks for Disney World (irrelevant in the smartphone age) and every now and again sells t-shirts of various colors that are emblazoned with his catchphrase. He somehow has enough money for multiple trips to Disney plus being able to buy into DVC despite a balance sheet that reveals a very modest income. We think his parents subsidize him.

Hi all!

I’m a first time poster on this thread but I’ve been familiar with Gary C for over a decade.

It first started in 2011/2012 when I used to watch The Skorpion Show, a YouTube channel where two gay black men from the housing projects of Philadelphia would discuss black pop culture news. Gary C caught my eye as his profile picture was the only white male face in the comments section (the channel must have had about 95% black American woman viewership - as well as mainstream pop culture, the show would focus on BET shows or scandals involving black megachurch pastors etc).

I would click on his profile picture and be fascinated by a grown man whose YouTube channel was dedicated to making and performing with Jim Henson-esque puppets. I’m sure he made a puppet introduction for one of the Skorpion Show videos at one point but I can’t find it. Weirdly, almost all evidence of the puppet era appears to have been deleted from Gary C’s channel but it’s still online if you really want to find it:
View attachment 1531141
View attachment 1531142

In the summer of 2013, Kevin (host of The Skorpion Show) came to London and who should be pride of place at the fan meet and greet but Gary C. He was the only white person there (and one of the only men) and I continued to be perplexed by why a 30-year-old white man from the Home Counties who made puppets in his spare bedroom had such an interest in this obscure YouTube channel. He seemed like the type of person that the hosts of the show would normally take the piss out of.

View attachment 1531143

Over the years, Gary C’s name would pop up everywhere. Every 18 months or so, I’d see him in the comments section of a random video on in a photo with a random YouTuber or randomly on Twitter. I never followed him or showed an interest but the man appeared to get around more times than the 64 bus. The devil worked hard but Gary C worked harder. He has even appeared in a video alongside the evil J*el W*od - the man who brought me to Tattle. (Hi @Venom!)

Imagine me surprise when I was scrolling through Tattle a few months ago and I saw Gary C’s name pop up in a thread title (this one)! I was intrigued that he had seemingly reinvented himself as a Disney Adult vlogger. Adam’s most recent Disneyland Paris video popped up on my recommended section yesterday and OH MY GOD. I was hooked.

It was like watching two outpatients from the local psychiatric ward being forced around a theme park against their will (whilst being told to document the whole thing on camera). The juxtaposition between their giddy outbursts and the general disdain of being there, the out of focus shots, the mundane commentary in retail store after retail store, the fact that this is Adam’s JOB and he appears to hate it. It was like something from Alan Partridge. The entire concept (very long episodes of unedited and poorly-shot footage) is so hideously dated - it’s like a travel vlog from 2009. I swiftly watched the Disney Wish series too (which wasn’t quite as tragic, unfortunately).

• I’ve only read this thread and not the previous 3 but someone said Gary C approached Adam at a Summer in the City event and that’s how they met? If so, I’m not surprised because my impression of Gary C over the last 10 years is that he’s a massive social climber and will get in with any YouTuber who’ll have him.
  • Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Gary C’s situation? I take it that he has some unspecified leg issue that means he can’t work but can walk around theme parks and cruise ships for hours on end? Has he ever had a proper job? Or is it his mental health issues that prevent him from working? The puppet thing appeared to be quite successful - why did he stop it?
  • I highly recommend this really sad and tragic documentary about Gary C. Alfie Deyes is in the comments section and everything:
youd love the Gary C thread https://tattle.life/threads/gary-c.25546/

His current situation is that he does nothing but lay in bed in his childhood room all day everyday … blames everything on anxiety. He doesn’t have actual leg issues, he is just so unused to walking that it’s a struggle for him when he has too.
Your post was so interesting. Always amazed me that he didn’t get into disney until his mid-30s.

Reactions: 10
Adam worked in the cultural exchange program in Epcot, but quit in order to do...whatever it is he does.

Nominally, he's a YouTuber and head of his own company that....well, no one is quite sure what it does. He nominally writes guidebooks for Disney World (irrelevant in the smartphone age) and every now and again sells t-shirts of various colors that are emblazoned with his catchphrase. He somehow has enough money for multiple trips to Disney plus being able to buy into DVC despite a balance sheet that reveals a very modest income. We think his parents subsidize him.
Twattan no longer has the 'office' in Oxfordshire, presumably because the bank of mummy and daddy refuse to go on paying for something which makes no financial sense. This is the real reason there is a hiatus on him selling his piles of crap......sorry....merchandise!

Hi all!

View attachment 1531141
View attachment 1531142

View attachment 1531143

What an absolutel stonker of a post :love: if you've got any more I'd love it all! More clout to the argument that many of these "Disney vloggers" do it for the free tit.

Gary also pops up from time to time on Brogan Tate's thread; according to Brogan they're best friends and talk most days. I'm pretty sure she featured on a series of videos he was doing during lockdown, with Zoom interviews? And he's on a few of her vlogs too.

From what I gather his situation is as @Tabitha says. He buys a lot of pins and other assorted tat with his benefit money on Disney trips that Adam pays for him to go on. The videos usually feature a bit of "Gary cam" where he cries and thanks Adam for taking him. Adam is the one editing and uploading the vlogs, of course, so the first time I think it was quite sweet but it's very contrived now.

Reactions: 8
What an absolutel stonker of a post :love: if you've got any more I'd love it all! More clout to the argument that many of these "Disney vloggers" do it for the free tit.

Gary also pops up from time to time on Brogan Tate's thread; according to Brogan they're best friends and talk most days. I'm pretty sure she featured on a series of videos he was doing during lockdown, with Zoom interviews? And he's on a few of her vlogs too.

From what I gather his situation is as @Tabitha says. He buys a lot of pins and other assorted tat with his benefit money on Disney trips that Adam pays for him to go on. The videos usually feature a bit of "Gary cam" where he cries and thanks Adam for taking him. Adam is the one editing and uploading the vlogs, of course, so the first time I think it was quite sweet but it's very contrived now.
If it wasn't Adams idea in the first place

Adam isn't exactly what you'd call creative.
Not creative in the good sense, but more in the manipulative sense. So much is contrived for the vlogs, like the fake laughing and dramatics. Suggesting a 'heart warming' thank you from Gary doesn't sound a reach

Fabulous post @RJF! I never knew about that Black pop culture channel he was into. I do wonder what that was all about, unless it really was just another attempt to climb up in his career. It's actually brought up more questions than answered them!

I'm just looking at the meet and greet screen grab again....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.