Adam Hattan #11 The sidekick in his own life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Should this be used as research for how cults get started? What kind of insane people are such big fans of his they'd physically travel to go to a book launch party, presumably within a niche they've never read, or intend to read in the future?

Is it some kind of weird Stockholm/nightingale syndrome? I don't get it.

I mean, obviously Adam is delusional and insane for even putting all this tit on in the first place, but who are these people enabling him by showing up??
---
Bingo!

I'm sure Adam has no idea who Jacqueline Susann is and no desire to learn since he dismisses anyone famous before he was born. But she did what he is trying to do. Except very successfully. I see shades of Jackie Susann in his self promotion. Except he keeps it all within his self selected bubble and declares himself a winner so it's just LARPing but it does give me a desire to reread articles about Jackie or watch the campfest Bette Midler movie about her to cleanse my brain of Adam in his M&S dad jeans clutching the world's oldest teenager Gary C for emotional support.
That's another point, it's fairly well-established that Adam must be getting considerable funding from his family, so why are they nowhere to be seen, ever? Do they just write the cheques, and let him "do his little thing" ?

Reactions: 2
Should this be used as research for how cults get started? What kind of insane people are such big fans of his they'd physically travel to go to a book launch party, presumably within a niche they've never read, or intend to read in the future?

Is it some kind of weird Stockholm/nightingale syndrome? I don't get it.

I mean, obviously Adam is delusional and insane for even putting all this tit on in the first place, but who are these people enabling him by showing up??
---

That's another point, it's fairly well-established that Adam must be getting considerable funding from his family, so why are they nowhere to be seen, ever? Do they just write the cheques, and let him "do his little thing" ?
Or maybe they aren't funding him. Maybe he had a large one off payment (e.g. inheritance, trust fund etc).

Either way, just from a love and support point of view, not having family there is bizarre

Where do I go to watch these clips? I don’t normally use TikTok or Instagram but I had a look and couldn’t find anything.

It's also so weird how Gary keeps inserting himself into this book promo. Call it "support" but it just seems like he's trying to muscle in to the spotlight to me. He knows he has nothing without Adam.

"We are both so grateful for your love and support" like ???? Unless you're a couple or a co-author then it has nothing to do with you!

Reactions: 9
It's also so weird how Gary keeps inserting himself into this book promo. Call it "support" but it just seems like he's trying to muscle in to the spotlight to me. He knows he has nothing without Adam.

"We are both so grateful for your love and support" like ???? Unless you're a couple or a co-author then it has nothing to do with you!
It's starting to look like Adam thinks he has nothing without Gary and he feels the need to trot Gary out to entertain his fans because he's not even confident that they like him on his own. Gary is his muse, his secretary, his editor, his life coach, his emotional support, his only friend, the only person who will pick up the phone to him. They are morphing into Lou and Andy.

Reactions: 9
It's starting to look like Adam thinks he has nothing without Gary and he feels the need to trot Gary out to entertain his fans because he's not even confident that they like him on his own. Gary is his muse, his secretary, his editor, his life coach, his emotional support, his only friend, the only person who will pick up the phone to him. They are morphing into Lou and Andy.
Yeah..... I know ( sorry had to be done) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why don’t they just get together already

• Haha
Gary is below Adam, at least that's how he sees it. In every way. Adam would never think for a second of Gary as a bf. Adam is worthy of a smouldering hunk
Yup it's part of how Adam sees himself vs how he is. He sees himself as worthy of a hunky American bf preferably one involved in showbiz/Disney/the arts. In reality he's just Gary with some money. They're equally as desperate and just as mentally lacking as each other and they are in a co dependent relationship. A ridiculous one where Gary comes over to Adam's childhood bedroom to be read excepts from Adam's sexual fantasies book. In 10 years it'll still be the two of them, their dead dreams, their sexless lives and a few old Swift posters that make them seem ancient.

Reactions: 8
Read a chapter last night. There were a couple of obvious errors (I knew he would insist on the "and I" thing when it isn't always correct. It's a pet peeve of mine!). Mostly it does just read like it hasn't been proofread and feels clunky. It's very reminiscent of his speaking voice, which is fine for speaking. It comes across robotic and clinical in text, to me at least. A couple of wank jokes which just feel weird coming from Hattan. All of the characters except Cam feel quite annoying so far.

1000004513.png

1000004512.png

Say "shoe" again.

1000004511.png

1000004510.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I couldn’t manage a whole chapter, it was clunky and not very engaging so far but I will try for a couple of chapters this morning. I see it has one five star review on Amazon now.

Reactions: 3
Read a chapter last night. There were a couple of obvious errors (I knew he would insist on the "and I" thing when it isn't always correct. It's a pet peeve of mine!). Mostly it does just read like it hasn't been proofread and feels clunky. It's very reminiscent of his speaking voice, which is fine for speaking. It comes across robotic and clinical in text, to me at least. A couple of wank jokes which just feel weird coming from Hattan. All of the characters except Cam feel quite annoying so far.

View attachment 3029073
View attachment 3029074
Say "shoe" again.

View attachment 3029075
View attachment 3029076
Oh, I always get annoyed by the misuse of "...and I", so did my English teacher. She had a very simple guide which was to remove the other person and think of whether you'd use I or me in a sentence.

This was clearly not proofread.
amateur-hour-jen-barber.gif

Reactions: 4

View attachment 3029073
View attachment 3029074
Say "shoe" again.

View attachment 3029075
View attachment 3029076
has he named the mum after Cheers Ears mum?? 😂🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.