Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emerald

VIP Member
Teenagers do not talk like this. He is supposedly writing this from the POV of a 15 year old boy, and his target audience is of a similar age. Whilst many teenagers may have experienced Disney/Center Parcs etc it is not the centre of their Universe and I haven't seen anything so far that would make it relatable to the YA audience of today.

It reads like a 30 something has written a nostalgic book about their first flush of youth for fellow 30 somethings. He has tagged it under the YA umbrella to avoid talking about 15yr old boy erections looking too pervy.
Would have been less weird if it was written in past tense. However it seems to be a legal requirement for YA/NA/BookTok bait to be written in present tense.

Reactions: 2

Mark81

VIP Member
Possibly a generation thing - I think in 10/20 years people will start to view vlogging a little differently, it will possibly be seen as an achievement because that’s the medium of the day so having a back catalogue of content will be rich pickings, especially for those who stick with it. But it’s not seen as credible and lasting by today’s standards where people view literature and writing as a sign of accomplishment (it’s so difficult to be published that you admire either the creativity for a story or the intelligence to have something published).

It’s rare to get success the Fifty Shades of Grey route, self-publishing to being bought out, but if you have enough money to gamble you can create something that’s polished enough to look like the real thing. So he’s investing in wanting to feel credible, you can see that in all of his reactions, and that is admittedly something that makes me feel bad for him. He’s creating something that his fans will buy just because they’ve followed him for years - no different to a Sophie and Dave ‘Chip pin’ or a Lodge Guys sticker, this one being a diversion because even Sophie doesn’t want to be known as a master pin maker, she just wants money, and there’s at least something admirable about that.

Adam already has the Patreon etc but feels - clearly - that emptiness that his pal Gary could never feel, he needs a sense of achievement in the way most of us do. His attempts at a guide book and a children’s book prove that, this is just a natural step.

If he was a little more self-aware to the extent that he could be objective enough to see what he was doing, because there’s a difference again between playing at being a writer and knowing that you’re doing it to just exploit, then I think he could very well get a decent job in social media and marketing. The difference with him is that he still lingers on the Gary side of the divide of not being self-aware *enough*, that he thinks that the things he buys are the things he does. That writing somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 words makes him an author.
Oh don't get me wrong, even now vlogging would be seen as an achievement...if it was any good. But with adam what skills does he have? He can't edit aside basic join clips together, there is no storytelling and thought process therewith his videos. Half the vlogs are ride and show footage (often poorly shot) and much of his videos are out of focus. An employer would want to see examples of his work and I just don't think his would hold up against people with degrees in the subject, or most other content creators. These disney vloggers aren't really pro vloggers, they are home movie makers that upload their holidays to YouTube. Compare Adam to other youtubers/content creators and Adam and Co are amateur hour.

He's been doing this for what, a decade now? And his vlogs have barely evolved from when he started.

Yeah I get wanting to branch out but the problem is he has no staying and persevering power. Like all his merch and books before. It either gets too hard, gets boring and he is on to the next. It's quantity over quantity.

Last edited:

hrgrmr47

Still using any word other than said and overexplaining everything e.g “Dad asks to clarify”

Also yes deeply weird to ask a random service worker to hang out after work when you’ve met them twice especially as Cam’s 15 and the service worker is probably at least 18.

Itvex

Chatty Member
In the latest vlog he says he sent it off for proof reading but when it came back with all the grammar corrections he decided to reject some of them because he thought his version made the writing ”flow better”. He doesn’t like too many commas, or the rules around when they’re required and he won’t have hyphens because he doesn’t like “hyphenisation”. He went on some diatribe how his entire family are dyslexic and he considers hyphens to be difficult for dyslexic people to understand. Translation: “I know better than the proof reader”.
Of course.....Twattan knows best. He is an MD, remember!
---
Just watched 30 minutes of Twattans book vlog! Didn't realise self publishing (mainly because no one else would) made you an absolute hero. Apparently it does.

Narcissistic twat.

Last edited:

emerald

VIP Member
Adam probably should have narrated his own audio book, since Cameron is basically just his wish fulfilment character. It's obvious without even reading the whole novel.

Mark81

VIP Member
So how do we think Adam will react when the book is released and he doesn't become an overnight success and get picked up for a movie deal??
I think he will live off the suck up fans and wannabes for a while. And any exposure he may get. Then it will quietly get forgotten like all his other things and it'll be back to wdw

I do wonder if he thinks this is his way out of wdw vlogging

Mark81

VIP Member
Also, how many of us who have worked in customer service would ever have wanted to hang out with a customer after work?

They'd have to be super super hot

Last edited:
  • Haha

Chandler Bing

VIP Member
Gary’s been saying he wants to go for ages right? But I guess Adam’s not having it and he’s the one paying so….
Did Adam ever drive out there during his time in Epcot? Why do I think he did at the very beginning of his first contract and then never again?

Bungalo

Just catching up on the video finally.

I gotta say, as bad as his author photo looked on Instagram, it looked even worse in situ on the dust jacket.
He said he went to Next to buy a couple of new jackets for the shoot but he appears to have ended up in a lacy cardigan. I wonder what process he went through to decide that was the photo. The angle doesn’t work well for him either, his YouTube photo whichlooks like it was taken at the same time is a bit better.

Mark81

VIP Member
I'm not mad at him for reading (or anyone who reads) a lot of one genre. But after a certain point you have to branch out and at least try an adult romance. Constantly reading about teenage characters just becomes weird after a certain point.
Especially for someone who claims to be a writer.

emerald

VIP Member
The bully character is barely present so far. He doesn't feel like a menace or real problem in the book at all. At least he has a physical presence in the book, unlike the mysterious George.

starri

VIP Member
I mean, I try to be kind because I was a late bloomer as well....which is a strange thing to say because my soon-to-be-ex-husband and I had been together for five years when I was Adam's age...but what the hell is wrong with Adam that he doesn't want to have any kind of adult romantic and/or sexual relationship. I know he seems to want the hottest jock on campus to sweep him off his feet, a la Heartstopper, but we know he's on Grindr, so it's not like he's a complete naif.

Bungalo

well… exactly what we thought

“profanities touch her lips” what??
Oh dear. I have really thought about that sentence and I still do not have the first clue about what he was trying to say. And maybe times have changed, but when I went to school we were not on first name terms with the support staff.

I can’t read the pages in the second photo, but the left and right justification seems all over the place and is irritating me.

Last edited:

Mark81

VIP Member
surely he has hired an accountant to help him keep track of the various income streams and making sure all are declared and the correct tax is being paid. Is he putting aside a pension? Investments? Anything other than disney cruises and author cosplaying?
The amount he spends, and living in a expensive part of the UK I'd be surprised if he is financially savvy enough for savings and investments. And we all know he ignores advice so may not even have an accountant

Mark81

VIP Member
If Adam wasn't Adam, I'd say at least it's written by an actual gay man. But Adam can't bring any insight or experience so it's just going to end up being him living his fantasies while ripping off other IPs (e.g. Disney meets heartstopper)