Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have had a few hydra facials and wouldn’t rate them either. I get more out of a good at home chemical exfoliant

Reactions: 1
Ah I really liked the one I had! Mine was Aqua Pure so a different brand but maybe they’re better than the original Hydra Facials

Thanks all! I went to boots today and got the inky list glycolic toner and a BHA serum so hoping that combo helps!

Thanks all! I went to boots today and got the inky list glycolic toner and a BHA serum so hoping that combo helps!
🤞🤞🤞
Just be sure not to overdo them - start with one night a week for each (not the same night obviously!) but don’t end up doing them every night. You’ll need to be on your sunscreen game as the glycolic in particular will make your skin more sensitive to UV.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just bought this to try out, heard great things! I’ve just tried it on my lips and some dry patches on my hands. I love the texture and it feels great but I don’t know about the smell…I can’t put my finger on it, it’s just not what I expected!

Attachments

Just bought this to try out, heard great things! I’ve just tried it on my lips and some dry patches on my hands. I love the texture and it feels great but I don’t know about the smell…I can’t put my finger on it, it’s just not what I expected!
It's quite medicinal isn't it?
Apparently Elizabeth Arden had it invented to rub on her racehorses legs and then realised it could be used in the beauty industry.

Reactions: 3
It's quite medicinal isn't it?
Apparently Elizabeth Arden had it invented to rub on her racehorses legs and then realised it could be used in the beauty industry.
Yes! I saw a perfumed version too but I just got the original. It does smell quite medicinal

Eucerin Aquaphor is a great dupe for the 8 hour cream with very similar ingredients, no smell, and half the price.

Reactions: 6
Does it smell of the Crown Jewels? 🤮😆

• Haha
🤞🤞🤞
Just be sure not to overdo them - start with one night a week for each (not the same night obviously!) but don’t end up doing them every night. You’ll need to be on your sunscreen game as the glycolic in particular will make your skin more sensitive to UV.
Oh gosh thank you for telling me this! Was totally gonna do both nightly !!!!! I’d have no face left by Sunday 😂

• Haha
Lads my eyelids are still scalded off me. I’m thinking it was an Olay make up remover that I reacted to but it’s not healing despite using La Roche posay cicaplast serum, hydraphase eye gel and fucidin h was prescribed to me but still it persists. It’s like raw red sticky eyelids and a bit under my eyes too and when i wake up they are sooo crusty lol sorry to be gross. Am also using the halo-forte eye drops recommended on a previous page. Going without make up is a no go for me tbh because I’m a minger without it lol so have cleaned all my brushes and sponges thoroughly. Anything ye would recommend? Is it just the time of year and a wait-it-out type of sitch? Anyone through though similar?

Any recommendations for a good moisturisers? I have very dry skin but it's also sensitive. One that sits well under makeup too?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.