Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I do a quick mini hijack and ask what I can use on my GIANT PORES? Since you guys seems to know about skincare. Feel like I’ve had them for life. One my cheeks (as in under my eyes not the sides) and on my nose. Nothing shifts them. DM me if you have answers 😂
I’ve been using The Ordinary Buffet and 10% niacinamide +1% zinc for about 2 months and my skin looks amazing (not being big headed 😂)

Im nearly 50 and had enlarged pores and my neck and chest were starting to show signs of ageing and honestly the difference now is 100% better. And they are under £7 so if you dont like them you havent wasted a lot of money

Reactions: 1
Agreed on the niacinamide for pores. Had giant ones for decades on my nose and can barely see them now if at all.

Reactions: 2
I just started with Beauty Pie after using Clinique for over twenty years. I have large pores, well did have! I use the peeling drops and the vit c moisturiser with the retinol one at night and they have completely disappeared, you can barely see them even with a magnifying mirror! Amazing, I would never have believed it!

I’ve had an absolutely nightmare with my skin. Does anyone suffer from rosecea or acne rosecea who wouldn’t mind me dm’ing? I’m at the end of my bloody tether with it x

Does anyone have any advice?
I have really dry skin and as a result have never really worn make up like foundation or that. However, I want to start but nothing too heavy/noticeable.

only recently realised I've been buying the wrong type of foundation on the times I do buy it (matte)

I tend to get really dry down the side of my nose and make up flakes/sticks to this.

I did improve this skin for years buy using Clinique 3 step which did help BUT I've stopped this as I'm looking to move towards more cruelty free brands.

So, does anyone have some ideas of non-matte fairly lightweight foundation? and any advice on good CF skincare (tend to get occasional spots down the side of my nose and on my chin but never on my cheeks/forehead etc.)

I have really dry skin and as a result have never really worn make up like foundation or that. However, I want to start but nothing too heavy/noticeable.

only recently realised I've been buying the wrong type of foundation on the times I do buy it (matte)

I tend to get really dry down the side of my nose and make up flakes/sticks to this.

I did improve this skin for years buy using Clinique 3 step which did help BUT I've stopped this as I'm looking to move towards more cruelty free brands.

So, does anyone have some ideas of non-matte fairly lightweight foundation? and any advice on good CF skincare (tend to get occasional spots down the side of my nose and on my chin but never on my cheeks/forehead etc.)
I seem to suggest this to everyone but IT cosmetics your skin but better CC cream. It’s sooooo good, so so hydrating. Very light weight and buildable x

I seem to suggest this to everyone but IT cosmetics your skin but better CC cream. It’s sooooo good, so so hydrating. Very light weight and buildable x
Thanks for the recommendation. I have been wondering if a CC cream would be a good alternative to a full foundation daily. I’m 32 and have never worn foundation day to day and I can’t take the feeling of it on my face. in a way I wish I had just gotten used to it when I was a teen. 🙈

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been wondering if a CC cream would be a good alternative to a full foundation daily. I’m 32 and have never worn foundation day to day and I can’t take the feeling of it on my face. in a way I wish I had just gotten used to it when I was a teen. 🙈
My absolute go to foundation is Estée Lauder double wear. To me there is absolutely nothing that rivals it. I have rosecea so I need full coverage. If you’re a foundation virgin I would say it’s best avoiding. You need to know what you’re doing with it otherwise it can make you look like a mask.

what I love about the cc creams is the fact they are fuss free, buildable and can work instead of a moisturiser (depending on the type you get). Really think IT cosmetics are amazing. I have been wearing it during lockdown and I usually wear it when I’m wanting a quick face if makeup x

Has anyone tried the boots ingredients range? It’s pretty much their own version of the ordinary. Products are nice and affordable, just wondering if any of you have tried and what you think? I’m quite interested in the hemp seed oil which has good reviews.

Can I do a quick mini hijack and ask what I can use on my GIANT PORES? Since you guys seems to know about skincare. Feel like I’ve had them for life. One my cheeks (as in under my eyes not the sides) and on my nose. Nothing shifts them. DM me if you have answers 😂
I have the exact same problem and have been using The Body Shop drops of youth liquid peel and o.m.g it is so good. I used to be able to see my pore in selfies etc but after a couple of weeks using the peel they’ve shrunk right down and are barely noticeable!

Reactions: 1

I have dry skin too and can get quite flakey around the nose where foundation will cling and go patchy, my go to has been prepping my skin with a hydrating cleanser, followed by The Ordinarys Buffet and Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Cream (so thick and luxurious and nourishing) then I’ve been using IT Cosmetics CC Cream and my skin is hydrated and glowy all day with no dry patches!

I bought the sample sizes from cult beauty to see if I liked them first but I’ll definitely be buying the full sizes when I’m finished! (Also the CC cream does come up quite dark, I get the shade light and it is like my summer shade!)

I want to try the bare minerals tinted moisturiser next :)

Has anyone tried Zoe Bee creams? She is on FB and Instagram. Loads and loads of positive reviews. However, I saw she had a negative review which had since been removed. Is it as good as the reviews suggest?

I’ve only ever used drugstore foundations but I’ve never found one that I really love and stays put.

Is it worth spending the extra money for high end foundations?
What do you recommend?

i have combination skin if that helps

My favourite is Charlotte tilbury light wonder. Not full coverage though. I prefer high end just so you can be matched, not currently though!! X

I’ve only ever used drugstore foundations but I’ve never found one that I really love and stays put.

Is it worth spending the extra money for high end foundations?
What do you recommend?

i have combination skin if that helps

Ive tried a lot of high end ones and honestly never found one worth money. Revlon Colorstay is the best I’ve ever found! I have oily skin and foundations tend to slip off a bit but this is by far the best I’ve tried. I still touch up a little with powder but it’s petty good at staying put. They do a version for oily/combination skin and one for dry/normal. Weirdly enough the dry/normal works better on my oily skin. The one for oily/combination was a bit drying for me.

Estée Lauder doublewear was not worth the ridiculous £30 I paid. Didn’t last very well on my skin like I expected, wouldn’t buy again.

Thank you both 😁
I’ve heard so many mixed reviews of double wear so I’m a bit sceptical 🤔
Nars Natural Radiant Longwear is my absolute holy grail foundation, the finish is so so nice and the coverage is medium but buildable if you like full coverage. Definitely worth splurging. I've found Wet n Wild photofocus foundation is abit of a dupe for it, although it smells like paint. If you can get past the chemically smell then it's a really good more affordable option and the finish of it so similar.

I use liz Earle tinted moisturiser as my skins try, lasts a whole day without drying me out. Pretty reasonably priced too.

The ordinary has changed my life. I’ve struggled with acne since I was about 14. 2 weeks into using the ordinary my skin is the clearest it’s ever been. It’s so nice to be able to not have to worry about putting foundation and concealer on every day.. especially in the summer. I had a google to find a routine for acne prone skin using their products.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.