Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ordinary has changed my life. I’ve struggled with acne since I was about 14. 2 weeks into using the ordinary my skin is the clearest it’s ever been. It’s so nice to be able to not have to worry about putting foundation and concealer on every day.. especially in the summer. I had a google to find a routine for acne prone skin using their products.
Which products do you use? Is there a website you found useful for deciding which products you needed? I’ve heard such great things about The Ordinary but no idea where to start. My acne has improved a lot through lifestyle choices but there’s still stubborn bits I’d like to get rid of

Not exactly skincare but if you’re looking for a good glowy tanning product, Isle of Paradise is very good, I’m really impressed with the colour it brings to my face and neck. It’s also on sale at Boots at the moment.
The Ordinary products are great on my skin and they’re so cheap, I’ve got a new moisturiser I’m dying to crack out once my current one is finished. Their Argan oil serum is really nice too, it’s for hair and face.

Which products do you use? Is there a website you found useful for deciding which products you needed? I’ve heard such great things about The Ordinary but no idea where to start. My acne has improved a lot through lifestyle choices but there’s still stubborn bits I’d like to get rid of
I just looked at loads of different blogs.. took a while though!

In the morning-
- Yes to Tomatoes clear skin liquid cleaner
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% serum
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturising factors
(I’m on the look for an eye cream to add in)

In the evening -
- Yes to tomatoes clear skin liquid cleanser
- The Ordinary squalane cleaner (I double cleanse even if I’ve had no makeup on)
-The Ordinary glycolic acid 7% toner
-Hyaluronic acid 2% serum
-Natural moisturising factors

Sunday -
- nip & fab salicylic fix facial scrub (I like this but when it runs out I’m going to try the ordinary facial peel)
- face mask (any that I have)

Skin care is such trial and error but this has really worked for me! I’m usually so bad at being consistent with doing it but I’ve stuck to this every single morning and night!

Reactions: 3

In the morning-

In the evening -
- The Ordinary squalane cleaner (I double cleanse even if I’ve had no makeup on)

Sunday -
- nip & fab salicylic fix facial scrub (I like this but when it runs out I’m going to try the ordinary facial peel)

Skin care is such trial and error but this has really worked for me! I’m usually so bad at being consistent with doing it but I’ve stuck to this every single morning and night!
Thank you!

**Only person in the world who hated the ordinary and loves the inkey list**
😂😂

I’ve now heard that with the ordinary you can get a bad “batch” 😯
so I’m wondering if that’s what happened when I tried the niacinimied (made up my own spelling of that)

but the natural moisturising factors was just as problematic so who knows 😐

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any recommendations for a tinted moisturiser please? I was addicted to Eve Lom Radiance Perfected but this was discontinued a few years ago. I bought loads of it to keep me going but I recently ran out. I have combination skin and a pale complexion with redness around the nose area. I'm looking for something with a light coverage that I can wear everyday.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tinted moisturiser please? I was addicted to Eve Lom Radiance Perfected but this was discontinued a few years ago. I bought loads of it to keep me going but I recently ran out. I have combination skin and a pale complexion with redness around the nose area. I'm looking for something with a light coverage that I can wear everyday.
I really like Beauty Pie's x

The problem with The Ordinary is it’s affordability and range. People just wanna try it all not really knowing what’s right for their skin. Not everyone needs an acid or peel or a retinoid. If you don’t have skin issues I would say don’t bother.

I’ve always suffered with bad skin. I’m not going to say acne because it’s not so bad that I’d need medication, but it’s impacted my life for nearly twenty years. I am prone to little bumps and blackheads etc, horrible texture that shows through your makeup. Makes me feel like tit.

I’ve pretty much tried everything bar medication. I’ve tried acids, peels, topicals like benzoyl peroxide the list is endless. Only in the past year or so have I realised my skin was dehydrated.

I don’t use any of these products anymore. I literally use Simple Oil cleanser to remove my foundation. Then I use Nivea moisturing lotion (blue bottle) and boots botanics restoring facial oil. The difference in my skin is fantastic. If you’re struggling with acne type skin chances are your skins moisture barrier may be damaged like I think mine was! Remove all those harsh products and try just using a moisturiser and oil for a week or so.

Fab, I'll check this out, thank you!x

It’s never too late :)

This is a good article explaining a simple routine
https://www.nytimes.com/guides/tmagazine/skincare-routine

For the spots I had the same and including niacinamide in my routine (at the serum stage) cleared it up in no time. However yours might go away once you establish a good routine on its own. Wipes are full of detergents (that’s how it ‘cleans’ the makeup etc off your skin) so it might be what’s causing the problem.
Again and again, I'm back to face care!
Great, it's a very useful article!
I have the same! Please look
https://makeupexp.com/how-to-have-clear-skin-naturally/

Another vote for this ✔

Just to say, if you don’t think it’s weird in the current circumstances, I have an IT Cosmetics CC cream in Light that I’ve used twice and just didn’t get on with — if anyone wants it? Completely understand reservations, but feel bad just binning it after 2 uses...

Reactions: 2
Just to say, if you don’t think it’s weird in the current circumstances, I have an IT Cosmetics CC cream in Light that I’ve used twice and just didn’t get on with — if anyone wants it? Completely understand reservations, but feel bad just binning it after 2 uses...
Hello! I am new to this thread so please give priority to anyone else who should speak up- but should nobody else I was literally scrolling through thinking that I’d like to get this so I’d be delighted to buy it from you x

Oh no, please just have it. Stick a couple of quid in a charity collection or something. I’ll message you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

In the morning-

In the evening -

Sunday -

The Ordinary AHA 30% is really really strong, it literally burns, it makes my skin look good but it is so strong and my skin is really sensitive afterwards.

Can’t quote everyone but I only ever wore high end foundation until I tried the Loreal Infalliable Fresh Wear, it is amazing. It stays put but also doesn’t look caked on. It’s amazing.

Regarding the pores, I swear by Paulas Choice BHA. Love it.

Has anyone tried differing/adapalene
I've used differin from the states in the past. I don't have acne so wasn't using it for that and tbh didn't notice any difference in the appearance of my skin. I prefer Dermatica. £20 a month and you can alter how long you need to wait in between deliveries!

Does anyone have any facial suncream recommendations please? Preferably factor 50+. I've tried La Roche Posay's shaka fluid, and it's fine but I find it too greasy/glowy (not in a good way) on me after reapplying a few times throughout the day.

I recently got the Purito Centella unscented, which I like the texture of, but I've read it may not have adequate protection.

My skin is combination and prone to breakouts and blocked pores if that helps.

Also, out of curiosity, how often is everyone else reapplying their suncreams if their mostly indoors and only occasionally venturing out?

Many thanks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.