Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am really contemplating joining Tropic and selling it..think you pay £198 to join. Does any here do it-and pitfalls you have found?

Not sure if it's a waste in the current climate when everyone is skint. Its alot of money to commit
It is a direct selling scheme, like everything you get out what you put in. I do sell it personally but that's because I genuinely love using the products personally. I joined after selling Avon and it's a totally different style of business as Tropic discourage competition between Ambassadors, discourage stockpiling as there are no minimum sales requirements, and you genuinely can work it as much or as little as you like.
I joined after seeing how it helped my friends skin problems with naturally based products. I'm an avid label reader for foods I buy so just applied the same logic to my face. At the very least I thought about how much product I was getting if it hadn't worked.
I'm happy to answer any questions honestly and truthfully, without calling you hun!

Am really contemplating joining Tropic and selling it..think you pay £198 to join. Does any here do it-and pitfalls you have found?

Not sure if it's a waste in the current climate when everyone is skint. Its alot of money to commit
Forgot to say I'm actually selling twice my normal amount in the current situation but I'm under no illusion that's down to anything except people spending money that normally goes to a daily commute or takeaway coffee, or buying lunch daily.

Reactions: 1
Anyone got any recommendations for sun spots? Iv just got one on my cheekbone, it’s not to big and I guess it will never go, but just wanted to take it down a couple of shades so make up can cover it up. I’m 36, any ideas? Ps Iv been wearing spf 50 on my face every day and I think I’ve helps to not make it any worse. Thanks xx

T
Anyone got any recommendations for sun spots? Iv just got one on my cheekbone, it’s not to big and I guess it will never go, but just wanted to take it down a couple of shades so make up can cover it up. I’m 36, any ideas? Ps Iv been wearing spf 50 on my face every day and I think I’ve helps to not make it any worse. Thanks xx
Try a vitamin c or alpha arbutin serum at night - the ordinary and inkey list do some decent ones to Introduce at night - if you prefer a lotion hada labo do an arbutin lotion which you can get on amazon, I also quite like the eucerin anti pigment cream for the day

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone have makeup to recommend for sensitive eyes? Almost everything makes mine sting. The only one which works for me right now is Marc Jacobs Highliner.

T

Try a vitamin c or alpha arbutin serum at night - the ordinary and inkey list do some decent ones to Introduce at night - if you prefer a lotion hada labo do an arbutin lotion which you can get on amazon, I also quite like the eucerin anti pigment cream for the day
Thanks so much! Iv ordered some vitamin C serum from the ordinary! And think il look at the eucerin xx

• Heart
Are you using any form of Vit A?

I’ve never really used much skincare products, just make up wipes and a cheap moisturiser. Am about to order some of The Ordinary products including retinol so need a good spf/day moisturiser and also a night time moisturiser...... any recommendations please?

I’ve never really used much skincare products, just make up wipes and a cheap moisturiser. Am about to order some of The Ordinary products including retinol so need a good spf/day moisturiser and also a night time moisturiser...... any recommendations please?
Depends on your budget? Cerave is a great brand, they have a nice day moisturiser with SPF which you need if you're using retinol. They do a night time moisturiser too.

Depends on your budget? Cerave is a great brand, they have a nice day moisturiser with SPF which you need if you're using retinol. They do a night time moisturiser too.
I use cerave day and night,
The Inkey list cleanser/BHA/Kaolin clay.

randomly throw in some oat cleansing balm and snow mushroom

and I’ve finally found a routine that works 🥰🥰 touch wood 😝

No I’m not. What does that do? Xx
Vitamin A is good for evening out skintone. Take a look at The Ordinary Retinol or Josh Roebrook is good too. Use three times a week until your skin gets used to it then you can up your usage

I use cerave day and night,
The Inkey list cleanser/BHA/Kaolin clay.

randomly throw in some oat cleansing balm and snow mushroom

and I’ve finally found a routine that works 🥰🥰 touch wood 😝
Cerave is great!

Have loved reading through this thread, you're all so knowledgeable! 😍

I'd love your opinions... I want to strip back my skincare routine and make it as simple and fuss free as possible. I'm 30 and I have blemish prone skin, an oily t-zone and redness on my chin and cheeks (not the full cheek but the cheek area on either side of my nose, if that makes sense!). I don't think it's rosacea, more just uneven skin tone. I also have genetically dark circles. I'm very pale so these things are more noticeable when I don't have makeup on. I don't have too many lines thankfully, but I'd like to do all I can to best look after my skin now I'm 30. I'm a bit scared of retinol, but wondering if I should start using it!

Cleansing:
I use a Garnier cleansing milk to remove makeup and currently using a little of this to clean my face in the morning with a wet cotton pad. I'd been using the Pixi glow tonic cleansing gel as well both AM and PM but have run out, I'm thinking of ordering the Cerave SA smoothing cleanser next for AM and PM - is it good? If I got it, I'd continue to use the cleansing milk to remove makeup, and use the SA cleanser afterwards; is this ok?! I have a Clarisonic but haven't used it in a while; I thought it would be a bit harsh with the Pixi cleanser.

Moisturising:
For moisturiser, I've ordered Cetaphil daily moisturiser with SPF 50 for day, and I'm thinking of getting the Cerave eye cream for AM and PM; anybody here tried it before? I need a moisturiser for PM too; should I try the Cerave night moisturising lotion, or the Cerave moisturising cream in the tub? Or something else..? I don't want anything too rich or heavy.

Acids/serums:
I used Pixi Glow Tonic twice a week (though stopped a couple of weeks ago after I broke out from Charlotte Tilbury goddess cleansing ritual 😔), but I don't really like how my skin feels after using it, tacky and sticky 😕 I haven't noticed any adverse reactions so far, but at the same time don't know if it's done much for me either... is it worth carrying on with it, or are there any better ones out there maybe with less ingredients? I have loads left in the bottle and don't have any other exfoliator.

I'm currently using the Caudalie Vinopure blemish control serum after cleansing AM and PM which I'm really enjoying, it's got niacinamide and salicylic acid. I've only been using it for a week but I'm hopeful it's going to help! I also recently got TO caffeine eye serum (a bit in vain probably, sadly I don't think much is going to help my genetically dark under eyes, but worth a try!).

Have a look on lovelle_skin_solutions on Instagram she is really genuine and tells what products you to use for your skin type etc

Can anyone offer any advice, I’m at my wits end and fed up of being in tears st how self conscious of my skin I am!

I’ve got fair, sensitive skin and I’m acne prone around my t zone. My chin is definitely the worst and it’s really cystic and sore.

recently started using niacinamide from The Ordinary and I feel like my skin is getting worse. Could it just be the under the skin spots that are not coming to the surface and will then clear and I should stick with it, or is that not normal?

I’m also trying to reduce my dairy and sugar intake but I’m finding that it’s triggering my eating disorder a lot.

Try
Can anyone offer any advice, I’m at my wits end and fed up of being in tears st how self conscious of my skin I am!

I’ve got fair, sensitive skin and I’m acne prone around my t zone. My chin is definitely the worst and it’s really cystic and sore.

recently started using niacinamide from The Ordinary and I feel like my skin is getting worse. Could it just be the under the skin spots that are not coming to the surface and will then clear and I should stick with it, or is that not normal?

I’m also trying to reduce my dairy and sugar intake but I’m finding that it’s triggering my eating disorder a lot.
hi try acnecide cream it’s around £10 from boots/ Superdrug behind the pharmacy counter ( but may be able to by online) it’s recently came off prescription but it’s really really good from problematic skin , just put it on the areas you need it it can take a week or too to start working but honestly it will help lots

• Heart
just wanna share some products that have worked wonders for my skin.

Banila co cleansing balm - best makeup remover, plus no cotton pads needed so less waste.
Tamanu oil- not for everyone it’s very thick and can stain pillows, I use it during the day when I’m at home especially in lockdown. Helps with hyperpigmentation and acne for me. It also seems to have helped with my dermatrillomania
TO lactic acid - a great gentle chemical exfoliater for my skin, comes in 2 strengths if you want to try it.
2% salicylic acid - I use this to spot treat problem areas, it really helps the spots either come to a head or flatten and go

Does anyone have any good tips for flyaways and breakage? I also have absolutely horrendous static hair which exasperates the breakage and flyaways!!

Yeah, it pisses you off doesn't it when they stop using things they claim they swear by at a drop of a hat. Now it’s all Ole Henrikson. She uses his Vitamin C range which is pointless because Vitamin C is only stable in certain products, only lasts about a month (hence a proper VC is sold in small tubes) and only in bottles/jars/tubes that are opaque which his aren’t, his vitamin c serum is in a transparent bottle that will last well over a month 😂🙈. The brand concentrates on marketing and the aesthetics of it’s products, spending money flying beauty vloggers to expensive holidays where they get to meet Mr Henrikson himself (it was a fee months before a PR trip with them Jamie started raving about his stuff). Obviously in the hope she would be put on the guestlist for their PR trips. PR companies and vloggers will get a heads up of any companies that start to do trips like this in the hope they’ll all start arse licking their products (free marketing) because they know the desparate beggers will want to go on the trips. Jamie wouldn’t know a good serum if it hit her in her botoxed frozen forehead 😆.
Btw, if you want good skincare advice check Nadine Baggot out.
I was so annoyed about this! I didn’t realise this or that they were big on influencers

I got the vit C eye cream, the toner and the face wash! Really annoying to hear, especially the price I paid for them. The toner is just alright, I actually do like the eye cream and face wash but they cost a small bloody fortune and the face wash is used up so fast.

I was excited when she posted a skin care video then I realised everything on there costs an absolute fortune. I don’t mind spending a bit more on a palette but I can’t afford this for every day items that are used so quickly

Hey! Can anyone recommend an amazing concealer? I usually use Touche Eclat but it’s just ran out and I fancy a change!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.