Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm bit of a novice when it comes to skin products but had been looking into it more over the past year. I bought this Alpha H set in Black Friday sales (was only like £22 as opposed to £80!!): https://www.beautybay.com/p/alpha-h/black-friday-clear-skin-trio/ But my face completely burned up and turned bright red every time, I'm guessing I was reacting badly to the salicylic acid?!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what products I should be using as alternative to products with salicylic acid?

Anyone tried the Tata harper range?
I have, before the prices shot up in 2016. Some of it is lovely, but it’s not one for anybody who’s usually irritated by essential oils. Also, I have a feeling (can’t substantiate it right now) I remember something about them not treating their staff well at the start of lockdown, in case that matters to you.

Reactions: 2
I'm bit of a novice when it comes to skin products but had been looking into it more over the past year. I bought this Alpha H set in Black Friday sales (was only like £22 as opposed to £80!!): https://www.beautybay.com/p/alpha-h/black-friday-clear-skin-trio/ But my face completely burned up and turned bright red every time, I'm guessing I was reacting badly to the salicylic acid?!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what products I should be using as alternative to products with salicylic acid?
Have just had a look at this set.. I wouldn’t say it was the salicylic but more the formulation it’s in with Hugh levels of alcohol and tea tree too! Especially using every day.

What do you want to achieve? X

Have just had a look at this set.. I wouldn’t say it was the salicylic but more the formulation it’s in with Hugh levels of alcohol and tea tree too! Especially using every day.

What do you want to achieve? X
Ohh interesting! Mainly to minimise blackheads and I'm super oily, though that set has completely dried my skin out. I'm guessing the alcohol has done that?!

Ohh interesting! Mainly to minimise blackheads and I'm super oily, though that set has completely dried my skin out. I'm guessing the alcohol has done that?!
For sure! And each product has some sort of acid in it which isn’t needed. Don’t need so many actives in each step. I’d suggest a gel cleanser, cerave is very good and a good price, followed by a simple salicylic product, either the ordinary, the inkey list, boots new own range, or Paula’s choice bha gel, and then a simple moisturiser that you’ve used before maybe? Don’t have to change every step at once! Intro things slowly x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have, before the prices shot up in 2016. Some of it is lovely, but it’s not one for anybody who’s usually irritated by essential oils. Also, I have a feeling (can’t substantiate it right now) I remember something about them not treating their staff well at the start of lockdown, in case that matters to you.
I was considering buying some of the cleanser but at that price I want to know if its worth it.

Reactions: 1
For sure! And each product has some sort of acid in it which isn’t needed. Don’t need so many actives in each step. I’d suggest a gel cleanser, cerave is very good and a good price, followed by a simple salicylic product, either the ordinary, the inkey list, boots new own range, or Paula’s choice bha gel, and then a simple moisturiser that you’ve used before maybe? Don’t have to change every step at once! Intro things slowly x
Amazing, thank you!! xx

Multi level marketing. Basically a pyramid scheme and generally only the person at the top of the pyramid makes any money out of it.

Ah no way..I was told that because it was that one off payment and you didn't have to reach any set targets each month then it wasnt like that 😥

• Sad
I was considering buying some of the cleanser but at that price I want to know if its worth it.
Which one, and what sort of skin do you have? The oil one is lovely, but there’s a clarifying one (can’t remember the name) that smells lovely but was no good on my slightly dry & dehydrated skin.

Which one, and what sort of skin do you have? The oil one is lovely, but there’s a clarifying one (can’t remember the name) that smells lovely but was no good on my slightly dry & dehydrated skin.
Yes I think it was the clarifying one as I have a few spots on my forehead and thought that might help.

Tricky. It might dry them out too much that your sebaceous glands over-compensate. I got quite bad spots from it if I used it more than once a week, but we might have very different skin types.

Tricky. It might dry them out too much that your sebaceous glands over-compensate. I got quite bad spots from it if I used it more than once a week, but we might have very different skin types.
Hmm I might try the something else then.

Anyone have any suggestions on a really good hand cream? My hands are so dry and cracked they’ve started bleeding! I had been using L’occitane intensive hand balm but I ran out a while back and although I really like the cream itself i disliked the tube it came in so reluctant to repurchase.

Anyone have any suggestions on a really good hand cream? My hands are so dry and cracked they’ve started bleeding! I had been using L’occitane intensive hand balm but I ran out a while back and although I really like the cream itself i disliked the tube it came in so reluctant to repurchase.
Eucerin urea treatment cream has saved my hands so many times. It's not a daily hand cream but heals really quickly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.