Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried the Eve Taylor range (purifying for oily skin)
I use Eve Taylor but the balancing range for my oily skin and it works a treat. Especially the No.4 serum as a bit of a treat..and it smells amazing! Balancing was recommended by the lady who does my treatments as I can get dry cheeks but very oily t-zone.

I just bought the diffuser fromToni &Guy, fits onto my existing hairdryer was about £12 I think
Thank you. What hairdryer do you use? I've got an ancient travel one with 2 settings (hot or burning hot) so want to get one with at least a cool setting as an option.

Elemis is my absolute go to (which is annoying given the price) but worth every penny. Their cleansing balm is lovely, the superfood range is great and everyone knows how good the marine cream is.

Body shop skin defence spf 50 I use daily (if leaving the house). The only facial spf I’ve found that soaks into the skin nicely and looks fine on its own or under makeup.

Tried every lip balm under the sun but I always end up going back to the Nivea lip butters..! I like Lanolips too.

Reactions: 1
Elemis is my absolute go to (which is annoying given the price) but worth every penny. Their cleansing balm is lovely, the superfood range is great and everyone knows how good the marine cream is.

Body shop skin defence spf 50 I use daily (if leaving the house). The only facial spf I’ve found that soaks into the skin nicely and looks fine on its own or under makeup.

Tried every lip balm under the sun but I always end up going back to the Nivea lip butters..! I like Lanolips too.
I used to love the Body Shop Skin Defence too. But I’ve heard it’s got a new formula which has really bad reviews. Have you used the one with the new formula? I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts compared to the original! TIA!

Reactions: 2
I used to love the Body Shop Skin Defence too. But I’ve heard it’s got a new formula which has really bad reviews. Have you used the one with the new formula? I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts compared to the original! TIA!
I haven’t but my current ones nearly finished so I’ll be buying the new one soon, will let you know!

Anyone have any suggestions on a really good hand cream? My hands are so dry and cracked they’ve started bleeding! I had been using L’occitane intensive hand balm but I ran out a while back and although I really like the cream itself i disliked the tube it came in so reluctant to repurchase.
The garnier ultra repair (red tube) is very good, also palmers! I second the eucerin urea one also! X

Thank you. What hairdryer do you use? I've got an ancient travel one with 2 settings (hot or burning hot) so want to get one with at least a cool setting as an option.
It’s just a basic Babyliss one with three settings, I have an idea it had a diffuser with it at the time but I chucked it lol. Now I have grown my hair a bit I have a curly beach bob, thanks to the diffuser and Umberto Giannini beach jelly!

Can anyone recommend a diffuser hairdryer? Going to try and ooomph my curls.
I bought the Babyliss Curl Dry hairdryer (2100W) just after Christmas after researching different models, reviews, etc - £20 from Argos and it comes with a diffuser and a concentrator nozzle.
I don't use it too often since I try to let my hair air-dry when I can but I found it does the job alright. My first experience with using a diffuser and I'm not a massive fan of it but I also don't think I'm using it properly either 😛 Hairdryer can be kind of cold imo (unless it's on high) but it's probably better than overheating your hair. Dries my hair relatively quickly and isn't as noisy as my old one (a 10 year old Nicky Clarke one) 🤷

My skin has been awful during lockdown. Has anyone got any recommendations for combo skin that’s dehydrated and prone to dry patches. I’ve had a few breakouts and they’ve turned into red patches that take ages to go! Recommendations for large pores and blackheads would be welcome too.

My skin has been awful during lockdown. Has anyone got any recommendations for combo skin that’s dehydrated and prone to dry patches. I’ve had a few breakouts and they’ve turned into red patches that take ages to go! Recommendations for large pores and blackheads would be welcome too.
For dry patches I’d really recommend the Diprobase ointment emollient - use whatever moisturiser you like at night then put the ointment over the dry patches overnight. It’s thick and greasy but works really well (as in it’s worked by the morning for me in most cases!). Pretty sure boots do it and it’s not very expensive. I used to get patches of eczema around my mouth which I’d treat with steroid cream which then left flaky dry patches, diprobase was the only thing I found to fix it

In terms of moisturisers I have sensitive combo skin and clinique and elemis have always worked well for me - more so Elemis but obviously that comes at quite a high price

Mine was crazy for a few weeks but I’ve stripped a lot of products back and it’s calming down.
As someone who struggles with redness and combo skin I can highly recommend Cosrx snail mucin power essence (might not be suitable if you’re after vegan/CF) and I love the La Roche Posay toleriane hydrating spray, both products have made a huge difference to my skin 😊

Reactions: 2
For dry patches I’d really recommend the Diprobase ointment emollient - use whatever moisturiser you like at night then put the ointment over the dry patches overnight. It’s thick and greasy but works really well (as in it’s worked by the morning for me in most cases!). Pretty sure boots do it and it’s not very expensive. I used to get patches of eczema around my mouth which I’d treat with steroid cream which then left flaky dry patches, diprobase was the only thing I found to fix it

In terms of moisturisers I have sensitive combo skin and clinique and elemis have always worked well for me - more so Elemis but obviously that comes at quite a high price
thank you for that! I have had hits and misses with Clinique, so will look into Elemis.
Mine was crazy for a few weeks but I’ve stripped a lot of products back and it’s calming down.
As someone who struggles with redness and combo skin I can highly recommend Cosrx snail mucin power essence (might not be suitable if you’re after vegan/CF) and I love the La Roche Posay toleriane hydrating spray, both products have made a huge difference to my skin 😊
will look into both, thank you! I’m intrigued about the snail essence haha does it smell?

will look into both, thank you! I’m intrigued about the snail essence haha does it smell?
Haha no not at all, although it does feel sliiiightly sticky, I bought mine on amazon and there’s lots of great reviews too

Haha no not at all, although it does feel sliiiightly sticky, I bought mine on amazon and there’s lots of great reviews too
I just bought a bottle. I also bought an entire K-Beauty skincare routine sans a cleanser (I use CeraVe and like it a lot), balm (no point, not wearing makeup right now) and eye cream (will be back for it) which I'm entirely blaming you for ;)

I just bought a bottle. I also bought an entire K-Beauty skincare routine sans a cleanser (I use CeraVe and like it a lot), balm (no point, not wearing makeup right now) and eye cream (will be back for it) which I'm entirely blaming you for ;)
Haha if only I had an affiliate link! Hope it all works for you, let me know how you get on 😊

In all seriousness tho I did listen to one of her recommendations and purchased the bamboo matte primer and it is genuinely LIFECHANGING! 😍 so thanks for that Jamie hun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.