Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been using it less than a week but obviously really nervous as it's made my skin so horrible, it feels like a reaction but maybe it isn't? I will try and persevere!
I would persevere unless you think it could be an allergic reaction. It doesnt sound like it though to be honest. When i used the ordinary my skin went to complete tit first!!

Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried any Trinny London products? (Makeup range) Thanks
I really want to but I want to be colour matched properly by them not just guess online! I’ve so many products already that are the wrong shade or undertone 😂🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Loving this thread. Something tells me I’m going to be spending a lot of money this month 🙈

Can anyone recommend an eye cream for dark circles? I’ve been using Bobbi Brown extra repair eye cream and the Body Shop Oils of Life eye gel, I’m coming to the end of both but havent been blown away by either so probably won’t re-purchase. Any recommendations would be appreciated 😊

I’d also like to try a CC cream or something. I want to wear less make up. I haven’t worn any in lockdown, inside or out of the house but I have uneven skin texture that I’m quite conscious about, especially for work. I do use different skin care to try and help but nothing has been amazing. I have been intrigued by the By Terry brightening CC cream but for the price I haven’t been able to find any honest reviews about it and I don’t want to look glittery or shiny lol

Loving this thread. Something tells me I’m going to be spending a lot of money this month 🙈

Can anyone recommend an eye cream for dark circles? I’ve been using Bobbi Brown extra repair eye cream and the Body Shop Oils of Life eye gel, I’m coming to the end of both but havent been blown away by either so probably won’t re-purchase. Any recommendations would be appreciated 😊

I’d also like to try a CC cream or something. I want to wear less make up. I haven’t worn any in lockdown, inside or out of the house but I have uneven skin texture that I’m quite conscious about, especially for work. I do use different skin care to try and help but nothing has been amazing. I have been intrigued by the By Terry brightening CC cream but for the price I haven’t been able to find any honest reviews about it and I don’t want to look glittery or shiny lol
CC cream.. it cosmetics, hands down! Be careful though, the shading is a bit off. If you are very very very pale I would suggest avoiding. Fair is still fairly dark. You can get a good idea from swatches online though!

Cant help with eye cream although I would warn you Estée Lauder advanced night repair brought me out in sores!!!

I have eczema around my eyes which has left them with fine lines and bad black marks in my 20's. I have used the Cerave eye cream which is only around £8 and notice a difference with it.

Reactions: 1
Anybody on the Beauty Pie wagon? I’ve been a member since Christmas and I’m loving it. Really great products.

I use olay bb cream. It's done wonders for my skin.

Attachments

Anyone know a good product for smoothing crepe-like wrinkles under the eyes? Shows up sooo badly under foundation . I'm using CT magic cream, then whatever primer I have to hand, then the foundation. Do I need a specific eye cream for this issue? Or a different kind of primer maybe ? Ive tried using concealer (Nars creamy) but this can make things worse.

Am really contemplating joining Tropic and selling it..think you pay £198 to join. Does any here do it-and pitfalls you have found?

Not sure if it's a waste in the current climate when everyone is skint. Its alot of money to commit

Last edited:
ladies, Ladies, ladies

I am 47 and have been told by every beauty counter lady that I have amazing skin, what on earth do I use??!!

I do have slight wrinkles around my eyes but 47; but I do remember being 'carded' when I was 36 trying to buy Guinness in Tesco. I am often mistaken for my daughters' sister rather than mother (ooohhh get me) and no-one I have ever met believes my age. (granted i am a fruit loop too)

I am not bragging but setting up my amazing skin care routine................

Approx 25 years ago I was watching This Morning and Judy told the day's guest she looked amazing and what was her secret. The guest was Joan Collins and she simply stated "Nivea"

From that day on this is what I have used - the little blue pot 99p. I have tried Drunk Elephant, Clarins, Elemis et al but nothing makes my skin as happy or better looking than Nivea. Apply liberally every night and on days you dont wear make up (your make-up will slide off or at least wait a good 10 minutes) and voilá lovely skin.

There are rumours Charlotte Tilbury magic cream is the same with one or two more ingredients 😮 It smells the to !
New to this thread and a more layered routine too. Can anyone recommend a moisturiser for combination skin? My forehead and chin are always red and bumpy with spots that never breakthrough and my nose is a constant shine-fest - foundation slides off it in a matter of minutes. I get really bad breakouts around my nose too.

My skin can be quite sensitive too - it's been especially bad through pregnancy and even 9 months on, it can still react to the slightest thing so I'm wary of trying out new products, but I've been recommended a couple of products from Inkey List and The Ordinary to try out. But moisturiser is puzzling me as not sure what I'm looking for there! Suggestions welcome 😄

kiehl's have a good range of products ,a bit on the pricey side though .

Anyone know a good product for smoothing crepe-like wrinkles under the eyes? Shows up sooo badly under foundation . I'm using CT magic cream, then whatever primer I have to hand, then the foundation. Do I need a specific eye cream for this issue? Or a different kind of primer maybe ? Ive tried using concealer (Nars creamy) but this can make things worse.
I would like to know of any products for this too. I currently just use foundation under my eyes and it looks awful.

Reactions: 3
I use Clinique take the day off to remove makeup and then use their 7 day scrub to wash afterwards. My mum got them me for my birthday last month and they’re really good. I normally breakout or get really dry skin with certain brands but these ones are so far so good for me

Estée Lauder foundation. Was using clarins before that but compare to Estée it’s rubbish!! Use soap and glory blusher and highlighter as I am so pale I need the extra glow 🤪🤪

If anybody is a lip balm / lip mask junkie the new Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm is insanely gorgeous and worth every single penny! (£19.50)

I’d suggest a very hydrating hyaluronic filled eye cream to replump the under eye area perhaps? I don’t use one so don’t have any suggestions though I’m afraid! But ingredients and formulations are important.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.