Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to pop in this thread again to say thank you so much to those that recommended Dr Sam! I have been following her regimen religiously since sept 2019 and I am now acne free! Hormonal acne around my jaw line was an issue for me but I can’t begin to explain how clear my skin is looking and reduction in redness/ scaring. To top it off I have friends and colleagues commenting on my skin looking fresh, clear and looking ‘younger’ - wooohooo 😂 💕
I'll have a look as hormonal acne on my jaw is the biggest issue with my skin!

Reactions: 1
Again, the effaclar moisturiser and duo cream unclogs pores andmakes them smaller. I swear I’m not #ad #gifted 😂😂 just genuinely buzzing I have found stuff that works after 19 years of suffering xx
Hahaha! To be fair I’ve been looking at this for a while just didn’t make the jump. Ahh that’s amazing! You give me hope I can sort it out 😂 x

• Heart
Has anyone got any tips for flushing skin. I have generally clear skin and if I don’t wear make up. I am so self conscious of it. If I go from cold to warm I go bright bright red. If I drink a drop of alcohol, same thing happens. It’s not noticeable through make up but it means I can’t ever go without it. When I mean red I mean RED. It’s deffo not a blood pressure thing. I do have pcos, wondering if it’s associated to that. I’m at a loss as it’s not something I can use a lotion or potion for. Maybe a cooling cream or something?!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nail strengthener. Mines have snapped from being a bit aggressive at netball. They’ve always been a bit flaky and weak.
Sally Henson, I think it’s called diamond nails. But if you want something cheaper
Rimmel stronger nails, nail nurse.
(I don't rate the Essie ones at all)

I use either of those, followed by nail colour followed by gel top coat (Essie) and my nails are LONG.

Has anyone got any tips for flushing skin. I have generally clear skin and if I don’t wear make up. I am so self conscious of it. If I go from cold to warm I go bright bright red. If I drink a drop of alcohol, same thing happens. It’s not noticeable through make up but it means I can’t ever go without it. When I mean red I mean RED. It’s deffo not a blood pressure thing. I do have pcos, wondering if it’s associated to that. I’m at a loss as it’s not something I can use a lotion or potion for. Maybe a cooling cream or something?!
My skin was like this and hugely improved after I introduced azelaic acid into my routine. The Ordinary make a good one and it’s cheap as chips. I hope it helps.

My skin was like this and hugely improved after I introduced azelaic acid into my routine. The Ordinary make a good one and it’s cheap as chips. I hope it helps.
I used to use that and stopped as I switched my skin care away from an ordinary routine. Do you think it’s ok to use under a Sunday Riley oil at night??

I used to use that and stopped as I switched my skin care away from an ordinary routine. Do you think it’s ok to use under a Sunday Riley oil at night??
The Sunday Riley oil might be causing the redness? More likely if it’s the retinol one. Some people’s skin just can’t handle retinol no matter how persistent they are. I would strip it back to basics until you can rule out what’s causing the problem.

The Sunday Riley oil might be causing the redness? More likely if it’s the retinol one. Some people’s skin just can’t handle retinol no matter how persistent they are. I would strip it back to basics until you can rule out what’s causing the problem.
I use Juno! Avoid any retinol on my skin. I have such a simple routine. My skin has been like this forever. It seems to be coming more underneath my skin if that makes sense?!

Best makeup / perfume
Sheer Glow foundation - Nars
Glow foundation - Burt's Bees (for a lighter look)
Superhero Elastic Stretch mascara - It Cosmetics
Toasted eyeshadow palette- Tarte
Tarteguard tinted moisturiser - Tarte
Hoola bronzer - Benefit
Velvet Noir mascara - Marc Jacobs
Ultra HD concealer - Makeup Forever
Cheek Pop blush - Clinique
Master Chrome highlighter - Maybelline
Hypnotic lights eye topper - Milani
Guilty perfume - Gucci
Her eau de parfum - Burberry
Miss Dior parfum - Dior
Mon Paris perfume - YSL
Volumazing mascara - Revlon
Lipstick - MAC
True Match concealer - Loreal
Mimosa & Cardamon, Earl Grey & Cucumber, Basil & Neroli, Pomegranate Noir, Wood sage & Sea Salt, Pear & Freesia, Wild Bluebell, Lime basil & mandarin, Blackberry & Bay, Tuberose Angelica colognes by Jo Malone.

Best skincare / hair
Mineral 89 skin booster - Vichy
Iron guard spray - Chi
Camomile cleansing butter - The Body Shop
Micellar cleansing water - Garnier
Aqua Thermal gel moisturizer - Vichy
Anti residue shampoo - Neutrogena
Light sunscreen fluid - Vichy
Momo shampoo/conditoner - Davines
Hylau B5 serum - La Roche Posay
Glow Tonic - Pixi
Beach Babe dry shampoo - Not Your Mothers
Batiste dry shampoo
Purple shampoo - Joico
Full potential hair preserving conditioner - Bumble and Bumble
Thickening blow dry creme - Bumble and Bumble
Motor Mouth volumeizer - Tigi
Silk Face SPF - Hawaiian Tropic
Body moisturizers - Bath and Bodyworks
Everpure moisture sulfate free shampoo and condtioner - Loreal

Worst
Sea Water foundation - Tarte (I thought this would be good but emphasized by dry spots)
Foundation - Fenty Beauty (^^^)
Hangover primer - Too Faced
Double cleanse cleansing balm - Caroline Hirons for Pixi

I have this issue too. I have fibroids on my ovaries. I have to wear makeup daily or I get lots of comments on it and I get embarrassed

Love

DHC Cleansing Oil
DHC Exfoliator
Pixie Glow Tonic
The Ordinary Squalane
Kiehl’s ultra facial cream
Revolution conceal and define foundations
L’oreal Infallible foundation
Becca highlighter
Tarte shape tape concealer
Mac lipstick
Lancôme hypnose mascara

I have this issue too. I have fibroids on my ovaries. I have to wear makeup daily or I get lots of comments on it and I get embarrassed
I wonder if it’s hormonal. I get so embarrassed too. I look like I’ve done a 5 mile sprint or in incredibly sun burnt.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.