Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering what's everyones best and worst beauty products
my favourite is soap and glory Wonditioner Intensive Conditioning Hair Mask love the stuff.
my favourite make up is revolution make up
aldi skin care range is fab

worse beauty products
A old boyfriend bought me a no no hair remover absolutely crap dont buy it 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
shampoo tresemme makes my hair really greasy.

What does every one rate or hate?

Reactions: 1
Rate:
- Benetint for cheeks/lips
- Clinique moisture surge or Elemis marine cream
- Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser or Elemis cleansing balm
- Lancôme hypnose mascara
- No7 microdermabrasion scrub
- Anastasia BH brow products (all of them!) and brushes
- Revolution bronzer block
- Primark lashes (great value for money)

Hate:
- Revolution foundations (cakey)
- UD Naked palettes released after Naked 3 (the blend is tit and sub par to Naked 1-3)
- Mac lipsticks (overrated)
- Most mascaras (I’m fussy)
- all of the Ordinary skincare range

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
This may double up with this thread. If that's any help...

I'm trying to use crultey free products and vegan where possible. I rate Tropic and White Rabbit Skin Care. I've only tried the Tropic bb cream makeup wise and wouldn't rate it.
The Tresemme shampoo and conditioner makes my hair greasy too

I absolutely loved Boots foundation which was called 'Seventeen Stay Time Foundation' but they have discontinued it! :(
If anyone knows of a similar brand please let me know!! I haven't found anything that compares since.

Reactions: 2
Best -
Born this way foundation
UD Perversion mascara
Fenty lipglosses
Collection concealer
L'Oreal eyebrow pencil
Laura Mercier loose powder

Worst -
Benefit brow kit
Charlotte Tilbury matte lipsticks
Benefit hoola lite
UD Naked Skin foundation

Some of the bits I hate my friends absolutely love so I think it definitely depends on skin textures, tones etc. However, we all agree that the CT lipsticks are awful :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
After many years of using Clinique foundation, I moved over to Estee Lauder Double Wear Water Fresh Foundation, a couple of years ago.

It is amazing.

Make sure you also buy the pump for it, it saves so much wastage of foundation

This may double up with this thread. If that's any help...
thank you I couldn't find a thread when I looked x

My worst was that younique mascara all the huns were flogging a few years ago. It ran and made my eyes sting 😭

Best is hypnose drama mascara and mac studiofix fluid for the range of shades as i have quite a yellow tone to my skin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I really like.....
Loreal glow Cherie its a natural glow enhancer and I'd say a good dupe of Charlotte Tilburys Hollywood flawless filter. Loreals is £10 CT is £32.
Primark's lustre lipsticks
Mac foundation
Maybelline 24 hr gel liner
Rimmel lip liners.

I'm still looking for a good Mascara to lengthen and thicken so any suggestions would be welcome.

My worst was that younique mascara all the guns were flogging a few years ago. It ran and made my eyes sting 😭

Best is hypnose drama mascara and mac studiofix fluid for the range of shades as i have quite a yellow tone to my skin.
Did you know Mac have bought out a few new foundations which are more yellow based C40 C45 and some others?

I really like.....
Loreal glow Cherie its a natural glow enhancer and I'd say a good dupe of Charlotte Tilburys Hollywood flawless filter. Loreals is £10 CT is £32.
Primark's lustre lipsticks
Mac foundation
Maybelline 24 hr gel liner
Rimmel lip liners.

I'm still looking for a good Mascara to lengthen and thicken so any suggestions would be welcome.

Did you know Mac have bought out a few new foundations which are more yellow based C40 C45 and some others?
Ooh I'll have a look! I need the fullest coverage 😁

Rate:
Superdrug Vitamin E range, especially the hot cloth cleanser, the oil cleanser and the leave on moisture mask
Simple sheet masks (actually made in Korea!)
Dove body washes
Dove 2in1 shampoo (never would have even considered a 2in1 before a friend introduced me to this)
Revolution conceal and define concealer
Loreal Infallible 24hr freshwear foundation - holy grail
Too Faced Born this way foundation
Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara

Hate:
Loreal BB cream
Revolution foundations
Too faced better than sex mascara
Benefit they're real mascara
Tarte Shape Tape foundation (the original formula, havent tried the new one)

Best
Estee Lauder double wear - Holy Grail
Lancôme - Monseiur Big mascara
Fenty gloss bomb
Fenty Stunna lip paint
Kat von d - Liquid to matte in Lolita II
Laura Mercier loose setting powder
Bobbi Brown - Shimmer brick although I think boots No 17 is a good dupe
NYX - Epic Inc liner
Bioderma micellar water
Body shop chamomile cleanser - to remove make up
Drunk elephant - Lala retro whipped cream moisturiser
Sunday riley - Juno

Worst
Kat von D Lock it foundation
Bourjois - Liner pinceau

Can anyone recommend a good exfoliating cleanser to add into my PM routine please?

I keep my skin care vary basic as I have highly, highly sensitive skin. If I use too many products or anything strong I go bright red, burn up and flare red. Aside from sensitive it's typically combination and rarely get spots.

At the moment I use;

Nip fab - Glyclonic cleanser AM
Drunk Elephant Lala retro whipped cream moisturiser

PM
Body Shop - Chamomile cleanser to remove make up
Bioderma micellar water to ensure everything is removed. I cannot use toners as my skin flares
Sunday Riley - Juno

Looking to add something after the bioderma step just to ensure my skin is sparkling clean!!

Love:
- Chanel lipstick in shade ‘boy’ (I got it because margot robbie likes it and I love margot robbie 🙈 It’s so soft and nourishing)
- Chanel waterproof mascara (doesn’t run whatsoever. I wore it in the swimming pool on holiday - fab!)
- MAC lipstick. Gorgeous colour and coverage, goes on like silk.
- Rimmel lip crayons. Gorgeous and soft on the lips, easy to use and the colour lasts for ages even after drinking/eating
- Glossier milky jelly cleanser - use it religiously and have noticed my skin is brighter and my eyebags disappearing!
- Primark coconut and lime hand cream - really gorgeous Scent and makes my hands feel really soft. It’s cheap yes but doesn’t make me itch/sting like other cheap cosmetics (Zoella beauty I'm looking at you)

Hate:
- sleek ‘matte me’ liquid lip range. Nice colours but they settle in all the cracks and lines of your lips and are really drying
- too faced eyeshadows. I got given a palette for Christmas. Gorgeous colours but you need to pack so much on for them to show and they fade quick!
- models own nail polishes. They will peel off of your nails within a day or two of application and the quality is hit and miss - they’re either really thickly formulated or really thin and watery and need loads of coverage.

Best
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
Benefit Erase Paste Concealer
Elemis Marine Face Cream SPF30
Body shop Camomile Balm Makeup Remover
Benefit Bad Gal (the one in black?) Mascara
Soap and Glory Cheek Tint
Bodyshop Felt tip eye liner - was Boots Seventeen Tattoo Eyeliner but now discontinued 🙄
Treacle Moon Shower gels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.