A thread to complain about how cold it is.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rarely complain about the cold because it's been ages since I liked summer, especially when it's over 35C.

I rug up in warm clothing and don't go out unless it's absolutely necessary, but I can understand those who have a long, really cold autumn-winter for not feeling the same way.

Reactions: 1
My winter dilemma is do I work at home wherever possible and go crazy like the last lockdown or do I go to the FREEZING COLD office but keep my sanity? If I do go to the office my hot water bottle will be coming with me ๐Ÿ˜‚

I've just turned 50 and the cold is glorious!! I went for a walk this morning in a t shirt and cardigan and was just the right temperature :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: mind you the other dog walker I met was looking at me in horror .................. it was only when I got in my car that I realised it was around 2c.
Menopause? If so I totally get it ๐Ÿ˜

Just saw this thread and had to pop in and say I'm so cold! My WFH "desk" is in my kitchen and it's the coldest room in the house. I've already messed about with my heating so it comes on for an extra couple of hours over lunch but I just can't justify the bills increase to have it on more.

• Wow
If anyone knows of any good thermals
I buy kids age 14 thermals and double them up ๐Ÿ˜
Donโ€™t hate me kids sizes are big these days ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ive also taken to sitting beside the tumble dryer like a bleeping cat ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hate myself. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I now have toddlers wondering whatโ€™s so special about the laundry room.
๐Ÿ˜‚ duck off im cold ๐Ÿ˜‚ pretend weโ€™re hiding ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know for a fact last night was bitterly cold, because I was working.

However..

So there you have it, not that cold.

• Wow
I buy kids age 14 thermals and double them up ๐Ÿ˜
Donโ€™t hate me kids sizes are big these days ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ive also taken to sitting beside the tumble dryer like a bleeping cat ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hate myself. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I now have toddlers wondering whatโ€™s so special about the laundry room.
๐Ÿ˜‚ duck off im cold ๐Ÿ˜‚ pretend weโ€™re hiding ๐Ÿ˜‚
Kids clothes never fit me, trust me. My stingy ass has tried to fit in them, if it isnt arm length coming up short, its the waist line ๐Ÿคฃ

You think thats bad? Try fighting over who gets to sit in front of the fireplace with your cat. That demons spawn almost scratched out my eyes when I tried moving him!

• Haha
I'm so stingy, I will only put the heating on for about an hour in the evening (and that's usually only if the temperature is around freezing or we've got snow!) I do like being warm though, so I'll bung on lots of extra layers and sit under a blanket all evening!

Everyone else in my house seems to be warm quite a lot of the time, they sit around in t-shirts and shorts whilst I'm bundled up in my dressing gown with the hood up! I live in the South, so I guess it's not always as bitterly cold down here.
Years ago when I was a student, I went home with a boyfriend who was from Leeds and we stayed with his parents for the Weekend. I had never endured cold like it - I actually went to bed in all my clothes...and my coat...and I was still cold!

I've often thought about investing in an electric blanket but even under the winter duvet, I get too hot in the middle of the night and have to stick my legs out, then I'm too cold and put them back under the covers and so on all night!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The heating in my home is on all the time now the temperature ahs dropped, it ticks over during the night.

Not quite so cold tonight, but then again it might be the odd bonfire or fireworks currently going off!

It's been a lovely sunny day, but clear night so it's started to get chilly, leccy blanket going on soon!

Now that my hot flushes seem to have jogged on, I am feeling the cold all over again, just like I used to.๐Ÿคฃ I am not really a Winter girl, nothing to get excited about, even less so with Covid hanging around. ๐Ÿ™„

Now that my hot flushes seem to have jogged on, I am feeling the cold all over again, just like I used to.๐Ÿคฃ I am not really a Winter girl, nothing to get excited about, even less so with Covid hanging around. ๐Ÿ™„
Slightly off-topic for a sec. But you're the third person to post on the Tattle forums regarding "hot flushes". Am intrigued to know what it is? Menopause?

Cannot stand the heat at all so I'm not complaining about the weather one bit, but I'm wishing you poor freezing people plenty of thermal layers and good heating this winter ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Yes, itโ€™s the menopause. ๐Ÿ˜
A friend went through menopause and like me she was a huge fan of polonecks or anything that had a higher neckline, but once the hot flashes started she couldn't wear them for around five years... Even a crewneck T-shirt was too much for her !

Do you guys have your heating on all day/every day? I have single glazed windows and itโ€™s so cold the minute I turn it off