A place for ranting/whinging

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Home school sucks, when I became a parent I never ever had any intention of being a HS parent. My kids will come out of this lockdown dumber than when they went in and it’ll be my fault. That is all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate my job. I'm a lawyer and its just relentless. To make matters worse I do stressful area of law. Client's are hard work, and never happy. I'm not paid enough to deal with their crap. I've been thinking of changing my career for ages but just not sure where to start. All my legal friends feel the same about law; it is truly not a great career at all. You are basically fighting fire with fire.

My life at the moment is just work, eat, sleep repeat. At least pre-covid I could live it up in the evenings and weekends and forgot about my job for a while.

I'm so tempted to quit and do a random temp job but I am accustomed to my salary (which is not actually as much as people would think I make).

I am single so live to see my friends - can't do that at the moment. Can't go on holiday. Can't go to the gym. So all there is to do is work and think about work.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m in the same boat as you. Have been really trying not to let it get me down but it seems to pervade into all my relationships now. I try to explain my issues with work to friends and they just don’t understand, and then I get frustrated and feel like isolating myself and then panic because I know that’s not what I actually want, but I am so unhappy I can’t think rationally anymore. But then if I don’t talk about it I bottle it all up and end up getting annoyed about other things. It’s like I can’t win with this one. Just hoping I can find another job soon, although they are few and far between, thanks covid!
honestly I totally understand every single thing you said there. I am literally applying for jobs everyday but nothing is coming from it. Hope it gets better for you soon

Reactions: 4
Me again, full of beans today apparently. My partner is starting 10hour days at work this week. His work isn’t considered essential and it’s not even busy at the moment, so why they are putting everyone on over time I have no idea, he is literally spending half his time there watching Netflix on his phone🤷🏻‍♀️ Guess the extra money will come in handy, even if we can’t go anywhere to spend it. But it does mean I have even less support with home schooling the kids now (and doing the cooking, housework, etc). It just doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: 2
This is a really pathetic moan but I absolutely hate pointless and difficult packaging! Some foods are so bleeping hard to get out of their crappy plastic packets and usually in my struggle I end up ripping it so that it can't be used again and the food has to be decanted into something else URGHH.

ETA I have just googled this and realised it's an actual thing called wrap rage LOL

Reactions: 3
Me again, full of beans today apparently. My partner is starting 10hour days at work this week. His work isn’t considered essential and it’s not even busy at the moment, so why they are putting everyone on over time I have no idea, he is literally spending half his time there watching Netflix on his phone🤷🏻‍♀️ Guess the extra money will come in handy, even if we can’t go anywhere to spend it. But it does mean I have even less support with home schooling the kids now (and doing the cooking, housework, etc). It just doesn’t make sense.
With regard to your last post - don't be so down on yourself! Please remember that whatever you are managing to do is enough. Even if there are days they do no school work at all.

Sorry to hear you'll have less support at home due to husband's hours. I know it must be an added stress.

Fingers crossed this week goes smoothly for you!

• Heart
Home school sucks, when I became a parent I never ever had any intention of being a HS parent. My kids will come out of this lockdown dumber than when they went in and it’ll be my fault. That is all.
Don't be so down on yourself. I'm not going through what you are but if I was I'd totally feel the same, I wouldn't have a jar of glue. Just remember you're trying your best!

• Heart
The amount of idiots at airports who don't have supply the mandatory Covid-19 paperwork (PCR test results, Passenger Locator Forms etc.) prior to boarding a plane! They them become mardy and argumentative with feeble excuses and just been complete victims when they're told they can't board the plane.

Even more disturbing is when passengers on a plane feel it is perfectly fine to remove their face masks despite protestations from the stewards and other passengers. Which leads to arguments and shouting matches down the aisles.

• Sad
SELFISH PEOPLE ANNOY ME
Whytyyyyyyy they can’t ask a question I’ve no idea. Me me me me
Very annoying. How long can one person talk about them self. Answer: ages

I’m trying to watch married at first sight australia and All 4 is down! Been looking forward to it all day ☹

I’m so bored... of work. Bored of not being able to do anything. Bored of not seeing friends and family. Bored of wondering when lockdown will be over and what life will be like post Covid.
Bored of just existing.

that’s all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The people arguing with the new security at Sainsbury’s. While I was queuing for my scan and go handset two couples argued with him, then just split and ‘shopped alone’ both perfectly able. As I left the queue was halfway down the car park. What do these people not get and it’s not his fault!!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I just let it build up and I popped this morning. Like he's a nice guy, just absolutely useless
He doesn’t sound it. A nice guy would’ve tidied up after himself and got himself out of bed at a decent hours. He’s not a teenager.

Reactions: 1
I was doing a Zoom meditation/mindfulness call earlier on, and my internet went down twice. Such a pain :mad:

Last edited:
He doesn’t sound it. A nice guy would’ve tidied up after himself and got himself out of bed at a decent hours. He’s not a teenager.
He got the hint. Diswasher emptied this morning, washing in the dryer and a "dont worry ill sort dinner and bath the kids tonight" text.

Dinner was something a 12 year old could put together but at least he tried 😬

He got the hint. Diswasher emptied this morning, washing in the dryer and a "dont worry ill sort dinner and bath the kids tonight" text.

Dinner was something a 12 year old could put together but at least he tried 😬
Good! It’s the trying thats important! Hope you got some decent time to yourself!

Sorry to message again, yesterday I requested an office chair to be put at my work station, I’ve had an email off her this morning saying there is no chair available and as staff we aren’t allowed to share or borrow each other’s chairs - can she make me sit on a plastic non adjustable seat at a computer for 2 days straight? Am I being unreasonable? I feel totally stuck with this - kick up a fuss and I’m the a-hole, don’t say anything and put up with a bad back that I can’t take anything for because I’m pregnant :( x
Check out the HSE (Health and Safety at Work) website and their guidance regarding employers' duty of care re suitable seating at work.

I'm really stressed out over a coulpe of emails I received yesterday evening. The first informed me, that some of my shifts at work were deleted. This was worrying enough, but later on, I received an email from the manageress of my place of employment, informing me that I will be furloughed during February - along with others who have received the same email.
I don't want to go into too many details, you never know some of the other staff might be members of Tattle!

• Sad
Found out a website I ordered from before Xmas is a scam. Can’t believe I fell for it, I’m usually good at spotting a scam but the website seemed so legit! Decided to google the company today only to find a load of reviews from people who have had exactly the same thing happen to them. I’ve now reported them to fraud action and am looking at getting my money back via my bank.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8