A place for ranting/whinging

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes I just want to have a massive WHINGE. I often don’t want a reply, just to get it off my chest.

Afterwards I find I feel a little better so here is a thread where you can whinge to your hearts content.

So my big whinge for today is that I’ve hurt my back and can’t move much or be productive and my house is still a big Christmas tip but I can’t tidy it as I’m in too much pain. Just looking around is pissing me off tbh. Husband is utterly useless at tidying so no point getting him to do it. Just got to lie on the sofa and be in a huff 🙄

Come at me with your rant/whinge of the day!

Reactions: 25
Mine is that we went to my inlaws on Xmas day for 10 mins and they've now just tested positive for covid. We were outside the entire time and quite far away but my anxiety has now said we now have covid and im so mad. Mad at my husband who thinks there's no chance and im being neurotic (I mean he might be right but piss off) and SO annoyed at my inlaws. And im just mad at everything as ive barely left the house for a year and if this does mean we've caught it's the worst luck ever.

Also im not sure if this would help but there is a cream on Amazon you can get called 5kind hemp active gel - I use it for my back pain and its amazing - really helps

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Oh this thread is going to see a lot of me 🤣

My friend is the most dramatic person ever and honestly it's draining. The problem is, a lot of the problems are of her own making and she just makes stupid decisions. She'll moan to me about how she hasn't got any money and she's struggling to pay her rent but then literally the next day will say how she's going to book a holiday to America with her friends (pre-covid obviously).

She got a pay out for something and instead of using it to clear her debt and help herself she was going to spend it on a trip to Thailand.

She's had a lot happen in the last few years don't get me wrong, but sometimes I feel like she's just chasing an image and trying to get things to say she's got something instead of doing the sensible thing. She hangs around with tit friends and she has to have a boyfriend to make her feel good/ It's really frustrating and draining and I've been thinking about cutting contact but she is a good friend and I don't want to abandon her after she's had a tit time, but I'm kind of sick of hearing the same problem over and over when she won't help herself.

Reactions: 22
I’m fed up. I’m just so fed up. I feel like I’ve really had enough and keep bursting into tears. I hate all these lockdowns and restrictions but I’m also at the point where I just don’t want to go out anymore as it makes me anxious. My husband and I have both been in our really small house together every day since March and I love him but we are just not getting on and I know it’s because we don’t get a proper break from each other, or see anyone else, or have much left to talk about. We’re in tier 4 and I just want to be alone for a whole day, not an hour, not while he nips to the shop, not me going out for a walk to get some space, I want the whole house for one day so I can just lie on the sofa and cry and not have to try and hide it or talk about it! 😩

Good thread idea btw! Feel a bit better now for typing that out!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
My moan is that my friend constantly texts me when her husband is away (armed forces) saying she’s lonely/bored, and I’m busy working so text her when I’m free. When the husband comes back , understandably she spends time with him/her kids but if I needed her to chat (been feeling particularly low the past couple of days) she wouldn’t reply. Yet when it’s the other way round, the nice person I am replies and offers help. I just don’t like the unevenness of our friendship. Haven’t seen her in 2 years (she lives in Scotland) yet she was down near me in Summer visiting family, didn’t tell me she was visiting my way or offer to meet up (socially distanced of course).

I dunno it just upsets me I guess.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Almost time to send Covid-19 its first 1st birthday card, and are we any closer to being rid of it once and for all?

Politicians and experts spouting their usual bollocks, spending billions and billions and billons, and thinking a vaccine is going to resolve all our problems.

Frustration, anger and fear - all wrapped into one massive shitstorm of dread

...oh and just to top my day off, my period has started ffs! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
How about the Government wasting millions of pounds on opening the Nightingale Hospitals, only to close most of them before this second, even worse wave of Covid 19 began?

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I needed this, purely because I have had enough. This year is a total tit show.

I had my first baby in June, I love my baby more than anything, but hate maternity leave. I had this baby glued to me for months, I didn't get the opportunity for family and friends to come round and see them, enjoying the crap you can do on your maternity leave.

Joined NCT which was a waste of £250. The women in my group are all sensitive Susan's. Have no real normal mummy friends, just another parent from work who is high on life one minute and down the dumps the next. Great 🙄

Nothing has really changed for my husband he works from home, speak to his colleagues and I hate it. He loves working from home, he feels like he is parenting, no you twit we don't see you from 7am til. About 4pm, unless it when you ask what's for lunch. Which I have to make because he is working!

Feel like I have become a prisoner in my own home. I cook, clean, and look after everything and everyone around me. But I can't be bothered with myself. I just want to swan round the shops, have a coffee, leave my house without the curtains twitching from across the road.

I am sick of waking up only to be clock watching, waiting for this utter disaster to be over and for when I can go back to work for some normality.

Thanks for creating this thread, needed to rant!!!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
My moan is that my friend constantly texts me when her husband is away (armed forces) saying she’s lonely/bored, and I’m busy working so text her when I’m free. When the husband comes back , understandably she spends time with him/her kids but if I needed her to chat (been feeling particularly low the past couple of days) she wouldn’t reply. Yet when it’s the other way round, the nice person I am replies and offers help. I just don’t like the unevenness of our friendship. Haven’t seen her in 2 years (she lives in Scotland) yet she was down near me in Summer visiting family, didn’t tell me she was visiting my way or offer to meet up (socially distanced of course).

I dunno it just upsets me I guess.
Bloody hell, I thought was aimed at me for a moment... I didn’t go on holiday this year, so I reckon I’m safe :LOL:

You absolutely shouldn’t feel pressured into providing her support when she doesn’t do the same for you. Armed forces or not, she should be returning the favour when you need it. She isn’t a good friend and doesn’t deserve your care and kindness.

On a note from that, I’d really like DH to come home now. Christmas without him was shite, even if we did get a video call. The kids missed him, and were all upset. Having New Year’s Eve on my own is a tit thought. New lockdown as a lone parent is tit. I’d really like an hour child free to just have a bath and a glass of wine, and not have an empty bed every night, or sat watching TV by myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I needed this, purely because I have had enough. This year is a total tit show.

I had my first baby in June, I love my baby more than anything, but hate maternity leave. I had this baby glued to me for months, I didn't get the opportunity for family and friends to come round and see them, enjoying the crap you can do on your maternity leave.

Joined NCT which was a waste of £250. The women in my group are all sensitive Susan's. Have no real normal mummy friends, just another parent from work who is high on life one minute and down the dumps the next. Great 🙄

Nothing has really changed for my husband he works from home, speak to his colleagues and I hate it. He loves working from home, he feels like he is parenting, no you twit we don't see you from 7am til. About 4pm, unless it when you ask what's for lunch. Which I have to make because he is working!

Feel like I have become a prisoner in my own home. I cook, clean, and look after everything and everyone around me. But I can't be bothered with myself. I just want to swan round the shops, have a coffee, leave my house without the curtains twitching from across the road.

I am sick of waking up only to be clock watching, waiting for this utter disaster to be over and for when I can go back to work for some normality.

Thanks for creating this thread, needed to rant!!!!!
Hope you are okay. The lockdown is total crap, isn’t it. Your post caught my attention - this is exactly how I felt with my first baby. The only thing was - I was later diagnosed with moderate postnatal depression. I know it seems impossible, but if you can, please try to find time for yourself to do things for YOU. X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hope you are okay. The lockdown is total crap, isn’t it. Your post caught my attention - this is exactly how I felt with my first baby. The only thing was - I was later diagnosed with moderate postnatal depression. I know it seems impossible, but if you can, please try to find time for yourself to do things for YOU. X
Thank you Sally1993. I just wanted to vent my feelings. Don't get me wrong I am incredibly grateful for my family and I health.
But I can't help feel crap about how this year has gone. I do try to do something for me, but in all honesty I just have no motivation. I have spoken to my GP and HV regarding PND, but just made to feel like a statistic.
I am just sick of the same routine day in day out confined in my home. Pre covid I was always out and about, but the weather is pants.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
A long rant. Feel free to ignore, I'm venting.
I've struggled with mental illnesses since I was a teenager (I'm 33 now). I've been in therapy on and off for years (never really helped).
Last year I got really bad, so I asked to be referred for therapy again, because I don't want to give up, and maybe it might help this time. Saw a psychiatrist, he referred me on for therapy, and he thought perhaps I'd been misdiagnosed, and we would follow up and rule things out. This was December 2019, the waiting list was at the time about 3 months.
Of course coronavirus put a stop to all of that, which I understood. But when we came out of lockdown, I thought I get seen by the end of this year. Nope. Nothing for a whole year.
I've spoken on the phone to my local MH services and asked when I might get to see or talk to someone, but they just fob me off with vagueness.
If I didn't have my boyfriend, I'd have probably killed myself this year. And it makes me even more sad and angry. I also feel so much for people who don't have anyone. I don't just mean a partner, could be family or friends. Someone who is there, because I know some people don't have any support.

EDIT: that bit about my bf sounds emotionally controlling. I've never said to him I would kill myself without him, I never would put that on someone. Never. I just meant he is such a wonderful person, and he keeps me going on by just being him, and he, to the best he can, understands how I struggle. We look after each other.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Hope I didn't kill this thread with my depressing post!
You didn’t, you are very strong to have kept going through what has been a tough year without the help you need and deserve.

I can’t offer any advice but I hope things start to improve for you soon and MH services can offer you some help.

Please chase them about it if you haven’t because even with covid happening you absolutely should be getting to speak to someone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My whinges of the day are seeing people/families out and about having a lovely old Christmas time and I’m stuck in work or out in the freezing cold driving around. Seeing memes and posts about “that time between Christmas and New Years” - yes it’s called a normal working week you lazy arses. (CAN YOU TELL IM BITTER).
My other whinge is people not letting me out of my bleeping road at the junction. I honestly sometimes wait there 15 minutes and I’m clearly a health professional - instead of clapping just bloody give way and let me do my job 😂 Argh!

I know I’m very fortunate to have a job please don’t come at me! I just begrudge working over Christmas especially when the leave is given to those with children first :rolleyes:.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hope I didn't kill this thread with my depressing post!
It might be an idea to go to the forum business section, and request a thread to discuss your feelings in more detail. Many of the contributors on Tattle can be quite supportive, and have given some excellent advice. Best wishes to you, I hope I have been helpful

• Heart
You didn’t, you are very strong to have kept going through what has been a tough year without the help you need and deserve.

I can’t offer any advice but I hope things start to improve for you soon and MH services can offer you some help.

Please chase them about it if you haven’t because even with covid happening you absolutely should be getting to speak to someone ❤
Thank you so much ❤

Reactions: 2
I know I’m very fortunate to have a job please don’t come at me! I just begrudge working over Christmas especially when the leave is given to those with children first :rolleyes:.
This is a thread of no judgement!

I am begrudging even having to wfh this week so I fee for you having to do real work and being punished for being childless 🙄😂

It might be an idea to go to the forum business section, and request a thread to discuss your feelings in more detail. Many of the contributors on Tattle can be quite supportive, and have given some excellent advice. Best wishes to you, I hope I have been helpful
Yeah, I lurked on here a bit, before posting. What I noticed was a lot of loveliness!
I might not make one now, it's a bit overwhelming. Silly, but hey that's just me! lol. Thank you for replying. Best wishes to you too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My husband is always ill or tired , I’m not exactly a gym goer. But I do wonder this is it now ,I fear we are mid 30s going on 70s . it’s been like this way before covid he’s seen the doctor and Hospital on and off for so long and they can’t find anything serious. I am envious of people with loving and active husbands , i don’t want to run a marathon or go sky diving but after covid I can’t continue to live in a ground hog day life of sitting around doing nothing ahhhhh

• Sad
Reactions: 13