A place for ranting/whinging

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I know the feeling. Myself and my husband were both working from home last week and nearly killed each other. Apparently he 'couldn't concentrate' while I was in the house :rolleyes:
My neighbour is working from home while his wife and 3 small kids are there, so if he can manage!

I think everyone has cabin fever at this stage, and the MIL from hell doesn't help matters as I'm sure you know yourself!
I've spent about 5 or 6 weeks with my parents. This is a regular thing this time of year - flying out from England to SA to spend 2 or 3 months with them, and it really is quite nice. But of course back then we had untold freedom and no Covid, so we weren't all on each other's backs!

But now I am just at the end of my tether with them, especially with my mother, purely because of the restrictions, the curfews, the long-term ban on booze.

So I will be so glad to get out of their hair when I fly out tomorrow. And to be honest I will love being in self-isolation for 10 days when I arrive home on Sunday.

But people like Boris, Hancock and those Sage munters just don't have a clue about the mental health of people being cooped up for weeks and months on end!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My lecturer just emailed us with the ā€˜rotaā€™ for university lectures beginning Monday next week. According to him, the university dislike that so many students didnā€™t have their camera on last term so now a chunk of students will have to put their camera on and each week he will pick and choose students who need to have their camera on. The attitude being that if we were in a job interview we would need to have our camera on. Maybe itā€™s just me being picky but I find it a stupid decision to make, I understand the reasoning behind it but weā€™re hardly applying for jobs, itā€™s a pandemic.

For me for example it means having to tidy my room and get myself ā€˜presentableā€™ before the lecture, I am disabled so struggle/take a long time to do these things (itā€™s not just a five minute job done thing and I donā€™t have another ā€˜suitableā€™ room to go to), I donā€™t think itā€™s taking into consideration that people may still be struggling with stuff like this/struggling mentally, especially when itā€™s randomised so you canā€™t plan for it either. He does say that if you canā€™t put your camera on due to technical issues or mental health issues you can say so but Iā€™d find that really embarrassing - last term we were picked up on it e.g. in the lecture the lecturer was saying ā€œApple, why isnā€™t your camera onā€œ and I mean, why should you have to explain yourself to anybody/in front of everyone?

Argh. duck off Zoom.
Omg I think this is totally unacceptable. Why do unis insist on treating students like children. It really angers me. Do you have a course rep or student rep that can bring this up to your course leader? That way maybe they can reconsider. Even going on microphone is a big deal for me. Job interview you expect it and know youā€™re going to be out of your comfort zone but as students I feel we have a right to study in a way that is suitable for our individual situations!

Reactions: 2
due on today so feeling pretty miserable. Did an online zoom dance class and feeling crappy cause it was hard. I normally wouldn't care so much but it's got to me today. Sad as I was feeling really positive this morning

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My rant is ive been on the NHS waiting list for therapy for 9 months! My depression got so bad at one point I ended up paying nearly Ā£600 for private therapy. Lockdown is really getting to me and Iā€™m struggling
The people on the phones are always so rude as well, acting as if youā€™re an inconvenience to them. Doctors receptions are the most miserable people

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I seem to cry about small things completely unrelated to myself recently.
Thankfully it only happens when I'm by myself but things like watching old videos and seeing how life was before covid, reading peoples tweets about parents/family dying and not being able to go to funerals, etc. Normally I would find it sad but I wouldn't shed tears over it. Now they don't seem to stop :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lazy men, fml ive had enough. So I have the kids all week trying to juggle working from home, home schooling and looking after a very disruptive toddler.
He does nothing in the week except moan how bored he is at work because its dead there. No cooking, cleaning or washing. Ive got the kids fed and bathed before he gets home.
This morning he decided to lay in untill 11. Ive got up, took the kids to the park come back and he's done duck except make a mess. Confronted him about it and he just say omg I'm so selfish, the most selfish person in the work blah blah blah. And now he's fucked off out (to do his mate a favour from work) Let me to sort the kids again. Rant over šŸ¤¬

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Lazy men, fml ive had enough. So I have the kids all week trying to juggle working from home, home schooling and looking after a very disruptive toddler.
He does nothing in the week except moan how bored he is at work because its dead there. No cooking, cleaning or washing. Ive got the kids fed and bathed before he gets home.
This morning he decided to lay in untill 11. Ive got up, took the kids to the park come back and he's done duck except make a mess. Confronted him about it and he just say omg I'm so selfish, the most selfish person in the work blah blah blah. And now he's fucked off out (to do his mate a favour from work) Let me to sort the kids again. Rant over šŸ¤¬
My sympathies. I hate that so much.

I asked a friend if she wanted to meet up in the park one day with our babies as itll do them good and sheā€™s not seen my son for six months.

ā€œItā€™s too difficult at the moment with covidā€ was the response I got. Yet she can meet other people indoors or for a walk. But not me. She was meant to be my best friend and my bridesmaid. Iā€™m sick of trying to make an effort and nobody want to talk to me or see me. Shes not replied since and Iā€™m so fed up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Men are bastards. They do the bare minimum and expect applause and showers of praise. If I genuinely had my way, men wouldnā€™t be allowed near women or girls. We would live in a segregated society šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My OHs Aunt is a covid denier. Hes fuming because he found out she went to a funeral, not wearing a mask (she never does), with loads of elderly people whilst having a cough (she won't even get tested) and then went to visit his grandparents straight after who are quite frail (without telling them where she'd been before). She claims to be medically exempt but she's not so she's never made to wear one.

I just don't understand how people can be so unbelievably selfish.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I totally relate to this and I am daily saying. ā€œI canā€™t do this any moreā€
Iā€™m in the same boat as you. Have been really trying not to let it get me down but it seems to pervade into all my relationships now. I try to explain my issues with work to friends and they just donā€™t understand, and then I get frustrated and feel like isolating myself and then panic because I know thatā€™s not what I actually want, but I am so unhappy I canā€™t think rationally anymore. But then if I donā€™t talk about it I bottle it all up and end up getting annoyed about other things. Itā€™s like I canā€™t win with this one. Just hoping I can find another job soon, although they are few and far between, thanks covid!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I seem to cry about small things completely unrelated to myself recently.
Thankfully it only happens when I'm by myself but things like watching old videos and seeing how life was before covid, reading peoples tweets about parents/family dying and not being able to go to funerals, etc. Normally I would find it sad but I wouldn't shed tears over it. Now they don't seem to stop :rolleyes:
Youā€™re not the only one. We were watching the Bohemian Rhapsody film over the weekend and I found myself in tears at the end, when they were showing the Live Aid concert. This wasnā€™t because Iā€™m a massive Queen fan or because Iā€™m someone who went to a lot of concerts, but just seeing something like that made me so sad as I started to think about when weā€™d be able to have those kinds of events again (or whether we ever will) with thousands of people all sharing an experience or celebrating something together.

• Heart
Reactions: 2