Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gembo

VIP Member
I’m fed up. I’m just so fed up. I feel like I’ve really had enough and keep bursting into tears. I hate all these lockdowns and restrictions but I’m also at the point where I just don’t want to go out anymore as it makes me anxious. My husband and I have both been in our really small house together every day since March and I love him but we are just not getting on and I know it’s because we don’t get a proper break from each other, or see anyone else, or have much left to talk about. We’re in tier 4 and I just want to be alone for a whole day, not an hour, not while he nips to the shop, not me going out for a walk to get some space, I want the whole house for one day so I can just lie on the sofa and cry and not have to try and hide it or talk about it! 😩

Good thread idea btw! Feel a bit better now for typing that out!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

Bellele

I needed this, purely because I have had enough. This year is a total shit show.

I had my first baby in June, I love my baby more than anything, but hate maternity leave. I had this baby glued to me for months, I didn't get the opportunity for family and friends to come round and see them, enjoying the crap you can do on your maternity leave.

Joined NCT which was a waste of £250. The women in my group are all sensitive Susan's. Have no real normal mummy friends, just another parent from work who is high on life one minute and down the dumps the next. Great 🙄

Nothing has really changed for my husband he works from home, speak to his colleagues and I hate it. He loves working from home, he feels like he is parenting, no you twat we don't see you from 7am til. About 4pm, unless it when you ask what's for lunch. Which I have to make because he is working!

Feel like I have become a prisoner in my own home. I cook, clean, and look after everything and everyone around me. But I can't be bothered with myself. I just want to swan round the shops, have a coffee, leave my house without the curtains twitching from across the road.

I am sick of waking up only to be clock watching, waiting for this utter disaster to be over and for when I can go back to work for some normality.

Thanks for creating this thread, needed to rant!!!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

drewydrop

Chatty Member
I’ve been struggling this week a lot and feel so lonely. I split up with my boyfriend in October (was with him over a year but lockdown affected his mental health issues a lot, then he was made redundant and we generally were not getting on). He refuses to talk to me and has cut me out of his life completely. I text his mum yesterday saying I hope she had a nice Christmas and how I hope 2021 will a better year for everyone, only for her to reply and tell me her husband died of Covid the week before Christmas. He was such a lovely man and I feel so sad for her and the family and it upsets me that my ex felt I didn’t need to know. I know it’s not about me and I’m not with him anymore so he doesn’t owe me anything but I felt so awful I’d sent such an insensitive message to his mum.

I’m 37 and now in a bubble with my parents which I’m very grateful for but sometimes it makes me feel more alone as all of my friends have partners and families of their own and there’s me hanging around with a couple of pensioners 😂 (they’re actually quite cool for their age and not that old but still). I can’t date as it’s lockdown and I hated online dating with a passion anyway, plus I don’t feel emotionally ready/ happy in myself but feel my chances of finding love and starting a family of my own are slipping away; yet everyone around me is having babies left, right and centre. My friend announced her 4th pregnancy just before Xmas and said she was getting on and doesn’t want to be having another when she’s 40. Yeah heaven forbid 🙄 And my other friend is pregnant again, a year after having her first and I just feel like I have nothing in common with them anymore and that I can’t confide in them as I don’t want them to get fed up of my whinging and make them feel awkward. And when I do speak up they just keep telling me how strong I am and how I have a nice life and go on nice holidays (not this year obv) but I’m fed up of having to be strong and I only go away on nice holidays because that is the only thing I have to look forward to and even then I spend my time wishing I was with someone who loved me. I’ve pretty much been single all my life, the few relationships I have had haven’t worked out and I’m so ready for my chance to settle down and have the things I want most from life and I don’t see why everyone else around me gets that opportunity and I don’t. Then on the other hand I hate the thought of coming across as desperate and like I need a man to make me happy, so I refuse to settle for anyone just to say I’m with someone but then worry I’m never going to find what I want. I sound like I’m having such a tantrum right now 🤦‍♀️ I’m trying each day to be grateful for what I have but I’m finding it so hard to keep positive and not compare myself to everyone else.

I have a decent job and lucky to be working but there’s literally no work to do so I’m stuck home everyday without any interaction and totally bored. I went for a walk this afternoon, got back at 5 and thought thank god the day’s nearly over and I just hate that I’m wishing my life away like this. I know this is very self-indulgent and there are people in much worse situations but I can’t seem to snap out of it this week. I think like everyone, I was so focused on making it to Christmas, and being able to spend time with my sister and niece, that the sudden tier 4 changes just threw me off balance.

Well done if you’ve read this far 😂 And thank you for this thread. Actually feels good to organise my thoughts and get it all out there!!

• Heart
Reactions: 42

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
My dad's dog had to be put to sleep this morning after 13 1/2 years together. Because they're in tier four he wasn't allowed to be with him when it happened and he's wracked with guilt because of that. It's only the second time I've ever heard him cry and there's nothing that I can say or do to help him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

violet.moon

A long rant. Feel free to ignore, I'm venting.
I've struggled with mental illnesses since I was a teenager (I'm 33 now). I've been in therapy on and off for years (never really helped).
Last year I got really bad, so I asked to be referred for therapy again, because I don't want to give up, and maybe it might help this time. Saw a psychiatrist, he referred me on for therapy, and he thought perhaps I'd been misdiagnosed, and we would follow up and rule things out. This was December 2019, the waiting list was at the time about 3 months.
Of course coronavirus put a stop to all of that, which I understood. But when we came out of lockdown, I thought I get seen by the end of this year. Nope. Nothing for a whole year.
I've spoken on the phone to my local MH services and asked when I might get to see or talk to someone, but they just fob me off with vagueness.
If I didn't have my boyfriend, I'd have probably killed myself this year. And it makes me even more sad and angry. I also feel so much for people who don't have anyone. I don't just mean a partner, could be family or friends. Someone who is there, because I know some people don't have any support.

EDIT: that bit about my bf sounds emotionally controlling. I've never said to him I would kill myself without him, I never would put that on someone. Never. I just meant he is such a wonderful person, and he keeps me going on by just being him, and he, to the best he can, understands how I struggle. We look after each other.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Meh

Chatty Member
My whinge is about the pressure of being grateful and happy to WFH. I am fortunate to have retained my job and income throughout. I am aware of this and appreciate it. However, I wasn’t furloughed. Have spent nearly 10 month wfh. Alone 8-5/5:30 every day. 5 days a week. It’s exhausting and takes it’s toll.

Yet a lot of people freak out that I/people in my situation should be “grateful” We are, but also struggling mentally/emotionally. My work didn’t slow down, it’s been a long hard slog. I didn’t get summer off on furlough. It’s been hard. There’s now the added stress of having work and work stress IN my home. Which is now my office. Messes with me mentally sometimes especially after a bad day.

I miss my family. Friends. I miss travelling with my partner, miss it so much.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Pinkblush

VIP Member
My moan is that my friend constantly texts me when her husband is away (armed forces) saying she’s lonely/bored, and I’m busy working so text her when I’m free. When the husband comes back , understandably she spends time with him/her kids but if I needed her to chat (been feeling particularly low the past couple of days) she wouldn’t reply. Yet when it’s the other way round, the nice person I am replies and offers help. I just don’t like the unevenness of our friendship. Haven’t seen her in 2 years (she lives in Scotland) yet she was down near me in Summer visiting family, didn’t tell me she was visiting my way or offer to meet up (socially distanced of course).
I dunno it just upsets me I guess.
Regardless of her situation, a friend who just talks and never listens isn't a proper friend. I got rid of two people from my life like that and I don't miss them or regret it. The last straw was when I lost a baby. One of them phoned and we spent five minutes talking about my loss and twenty minutes talking about a bloke she fancied at work. Binned

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

under the ivy

VIP Member
My moan is that my friend constantly texts me when her husband is away (armed forces) saying she’s lonely/bored, and I’m busy working so text her when I’m free. When the husband comes back , understandably she spends time with him/her kids but if I needed her to chat (been feeling particularly low the past couple of days) she wouldn’t reply. Yet when it’s the other way round, the nice person I am replies and offers help. I just don’t like the unevenness of our friendship. Haven’t seen her in 2 years (she lives in Scotland) yet she was down near me in Summer visiting family, didn’t tell me she was visiting my way or offer to meet up (socially distanced of course).

I dunno it just upsets me I guess.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

JLXRD

VIP Member
Sometimes I just want to have a massive WHINGE. I often don’t want a reply, just to get it off my chest.

Afterwards I find I feel a little better so here is a thread where you can whinge to your hearts content.

So my big whinge for today is that I’ve hurt my back and can’t move much or be productive and my house is still a big Christmas tip but I can’t tidy it as I’m in too much pain. Just looking around is pissing me off tbh. Husband is utterly useless at tidying so no point getting him to do it. Just got to lie on the sofa and be in a huff 🙄

Come at me with your rant/whinge of the day!

Reactions: 25

GlennCoco

VIP Member
Mine is lighthearted I'm sorry. But I cannot for the life of me eat healthily. I need to lose weight but I just love "naughty" food too much. I never have the motivation to work out and I'm quite happy just doing nothing 🙈 but then I hate how I look and how my friends are all lovely and beautiful and I'm just a big fat slob in comparison 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Isa Drennan

Chatty Member
My whinge is seeing people buy their own homes, because they’ve had parents financially support them, with help for their deposits, plus living rent free :rolleyes:

• Sad

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Fed up of seeing cringey photo montages people have done of the year along with a nauseating caption. Or worse, a picture of them and their OH “couldn’t have got through the year without this one” ugh just fuck offff you smug little worms. :sick:

• Haha

Moolo

Mine is that we went to my inlaws on Xmas day for 10 mins and they've now just tested positive for covid. We were outside the entire time and quite far away but my anxiety has now said we now have covid and im so mad. Mad at my husband who thinks there's no chance and im being neurotic (I mean he might be right but piss off) and SO annoyed at my inlaws. And im just mad at everything as ive barely left the house for a year and if this does mean we've caught it's the worst luck ever.

Also im not sure if this would help but there is a cream on Amazon you can get called 5kind hemp active gel - I use it for my back pain and its amazing - really helps

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Trixabellee9393

Well my moan is im feeling quite lonely ... I’ve been going on lots of walks in the country and get really excited when someone walks past I always say hello but sometimes get ignored :( something else which upsets me which is pathetic is if a dog goes past me and doesn’t want a fuss 😹 I know you aren’t meant to as of covid but I get a little Pang 😭 my sisters home for Xmas so I do have company but I think this year has left me craving some human intereaction an I’m normally a hermit!! I suffer with anxiety and depression so struggle normally anyway. So just trying to keep myself up and pull myself out of downs and panics . Other thing which I want to rant about is my overdraft it’s about minus a grand and I have no savings, I’ve been trying to get out of it all year but it’s been hard due to lockdown :( I left my job in dec 19 due to bullying and was out of work then just before lockdown so I was working at morrisons as it was my only option. I’m now a TA for some lovely autistic children and am concerned that if schools shut again I won’t be paid due to the fact I’m on long term agency. So my money could get even worse. I was minus 2000 jan19 and have pulled that back to minus 1000 but christmas hasn’t helped as I do like treating family and making them happy. Also sounds stupid but I have two cats and their food costs a lot and vet bills. As I decided to get them so wouldn’t skimp on their stuff. Anyway I’ll shut up now love to you all and positive vibes ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Oh this thread is going to see a lot of me 🤣

My friend is the most dramatic person ever and honestly it's draining. The problem is, a lot of the problems are of her own making and she just makes stupid decisions. She'll moan to me about how she hasn't got any money and she's struggling to pay her rent but then literally the next day will say how she's going to book a holiday to America with her friends (pre-covid obviously).

She got a pay out for something and instead of using it to clear her debt and help herself she was going to spend it on a trip to Thailand.

She's had a lot happen in the last few years don't get me wrong, but sometimes I feel like she's just chasing an image and trying to get things to say she's got something instead of doing the sensible thing. She hangs around with shit friends and she has to have a boyfriend to make her feel good/ It's really frustrating and draining and I've been thinking about cutting contact but she is a good friend and I don't want to abandon her after she's had a shit time, but I'm kind of sick of hearing the same problem over and over when she won't help herself.

Reactions: 22

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Almost time to send Covid-19 its first 1st birthday card, and are we any closer to being rid of it once and for all?

Politicians and experts spouting their usual bollocks, spending billions and billions and billons, and thinking a vaccine is going to resolve all our problems.

Frustration, anger and fear - all wrapped into one massive shitstorm of dread

...oh and just to top my day off, my period has started ffs! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’m just really sick of ‘influencers’ and wish that term in itself would go away! The thought that kids are aspiring to be an ‘influencer’ as a career 🤢 I wish it would all just go away!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I wasn't sure where to post this, I thought about posting on the secret opinions thread, but what I have to say may sound like self pity.
I am feeling really negative at the moment, it began yesterday morning when they announced that the Oxford vaccine has been approved. I felt a little pressurised into ringing my Doctor's surgery, to ask if I could be made a priority, because of the nature of my work.
My place of employment has had a recent outbreak of Covid. Before this happened the staff were offered the opportunity to have the first vaccine that was available, most of us did not take them up on the offer. I really don't want something which may cause horrible side effects. Infact the more people talk about it, the less I want to have it. But there are vulnerable people to consider.

If I may go off on a tangent, this is where the self pity comes into play. Whilst I enjoy contributing to Tattle, I have never really felt like I have fitted in. Maybe it is my age, and not being on the same wavelength as everybody else. I don't have children, so I can't really empathise with the parents on Tattle. Communication has never been my strong point anyway.
My apoIogies to anyone of a delicate disposition, I think that is enough whinging for now!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

BelleAmie

VIP Member
I’ve just moved house and I can’t afford to buy any furniture (wardrobe, chest of drawers etc) until after I get paid at the end of January so I’m living surrounded by boxes and suitcases and it’s driving me absolutely mad. I’m quite a tidy person and having all this clutter around is really getting to me and making me feel anxious and stressy.

I feel like my friends never reply to me in group chats. And I’m still not over my ex even though he’s a 🍆 and it’s been months and I can’t even talk about him anymore because everyone is so sick of it.

Sending love to you all, especially those of you going through difficult times at the moment ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Emb321

My first ever post. I had a miscarriage for a very wished for baby in January, I'm fed up, dreading going back to the job I hate when furlough ends after thinking I'd only have a few months left till I would have the baby. I just want to hibernate for the rest of the year. I'm NOT okay and it annoys me that everyone else seems to have moved on or just doesn't understand what I'm going through. My miscarriage has been absolute hell, I'm still grieving and all my friends talk about are their upcoming weddings. They dont even ask how I'm doing. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19