90s TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you afraid of the dark, on Friday or Saturday nights. I remember or dreamt 🤔 an episode where there was a "ghost talking" an the girl had to have her mouth full of water an taped up to prove she wasn't speaking. Please tell me i wasn't the only one to watch this as a kid before bed 🤣.
Edited to add maybe to was the Poltergeist 🤷🏾‍♀️ an not are you afraid of the dark. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I used to love 90’s docu-soap type programs, does anyone remember Paddington Green on bbc1? With transsexual prostitute Jacqui ? Or ‘The Hotel’ set in the Adelphi in Liverpool?
Also loved The Cruise with Jane McDonald 😂
I loved Paddington Green!

Yay. Not many people remember so haunt me! I had to google it at one point to make sure I didn’t imagine it ha
Wasnt So Haunt Me the one where the house was haunted by a woman who had choked on a chicken bone or something?

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember Ghostwatch? It was a one off with Sarah Greene about a house that was meant to be haunted by a poltergeist called ‘pipes’. Literally shart my pants watching that as a kid!
Yes! I was at a friend's house watching and ran all the way home that night. Still gives me chills thinking about it but probably look rubbish watching it now.

I loved Paddington Green!

Wasnt So Haunt Me the one where the house was haunted by a woman who had choked on a chicken bone or something?
Yes that's the one.

Reactions: 2
@JuicyJ I’ve since watched Ghostwatch as an adult and thought it would be really naff now, but I was surprised how creepy I still found it! 👻

I used to love Dogtanian, and Willy Fogg too. Transfer (the baddie in Willy Fogg) scared me shitless! 😮
Oh my god forgot about Willy fogg!

There was a show on bbc1 think it was called the wild house, a family with 3 kids the middle child was the main character (played by Elle....can’t remember surname) a bit like Chrissa explains its all but English

Last edited:
  • Heart
Does anyone remember Ghostwatch? It was a one off with Sarah Greene about a house that was meant to be haunted by a poltergeist called ‘pipes’. Literally shart my pants watching that as a kid!
Yep terrified me to my very soul. I was 5. I still blame that for my fear of the dark. 😂

Reactions: 1
I was in my early/mid twenty's in the 90s. Shows that I remember watching religiously were
This life
twin peaks
soldier soldier
Cheers
Frasier
Friends ( first time round not repeated 🤣)
ER
Used to love Roseanne too..not sure if that was earlier though? Late 80s?
I was watching 2.4 children the other week. Still very amusing. In fact even more amusing now I'm a mum with kids of my own!
frasier and friends were the best!

I loved Gladiators on a Saturday night. I’ve recently started watching 999 eps on YouTube and it’s not aged badly at all you could be watching something that happened last week

Reactions: 3
Mrs doubtfire and jumanji were firm favourite films in my house, oh and the sound of music ( even though it’s from 1965) we watched it continuously throughout the 90s as kids but I was saddened when I asked my Neices if they’ve watched any of the 3 films and they hadn’t! So we’ve ticket Mrs doubtfire off the list so far!! X

I loved degrassi junior high.... Or is it 80s? Heartbreak high was fantastic too.
I loved Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High, too. It was from the 80s, but I watched reruns of it in the 90s. Made it more amusing viewing for me.

Reactions: 1
Loved Round the Twist! It was so weird when you look back now - brilliant!
I loved this programme.

Rain, rain go away, come again another day... 👍

Yes! I was at a friend's house watching and ran all the way home that night. Still gives me chills thinking about it but probably look rubbish watching it now.

Yes that's the one.
I was a 83 baby.

Round the twist, pug Wells summer (was on ch4 on a Sunday)
Sabrina the teenage witch, chrissia explains it all,
Teen angel.
2point 4 children, goodnight sweetheart, men of the world, keeping up appearances, mr bean , Alf
Smtv the ozone , (music show) the biz, Byers grove , fully booked,going live, live and kicking.
We had shows we’d watch with my dad
Red dwarf
Blackadder
Bottom
The young ones
Love all of these but so glad someone else remembers men of the world.

I still sometimes sing the theme tune 20 odd years later!

Does anyone remember so haunt me? It wasn’t a kids program.

Or Blossom and out of this world?
So haunt me had Raquel from only fools and horses in I think. The old ghost woman was both terrifying and funny as a kid!

Yes!!!! Chris Tarrant hosted it, I think. That was good. I'd forgotten that.

Someone mentioned You Bet, above. That was a great show. Must've been early 90's.

Stars in their Eyes was great too. It was like a proper phone in for your winner competition at one point.

Who remembers the end of year spectacular that was Smash Hits Poll Winners Party? That was just the best.

The Chart Show on ITV on Saturday or Sunday mornings.

Please say I'm not the only one who remembers Movies, Games and Videos? I remember seeing the Groundhog Day trailer on there. One of my fave movies ever.

Some others I was reminded of;

Zzap
Finders Keepers
Art Attack
How 2
Newsround
Funny Bones
Banana Man
Super Ted
Raggydolls
The Riddlers
Tots TV
Wizadora
Sesame Street
Pingu
Tazmania
Tale Spin
Ducktales
Poddington Peas
Count Duckula
Bonkers (that orange cat cartoon?)
Ren & Stimpy
The Dinosaurs
Animaniacs

There was a cartoon with a Dulux dog on CBBC and I can't for the life of me remember the name.
Bananaman, superted and raggy dolls - could watch these today and still be like a child!

Think more 80s than 90s but Pigeon Street was a must see.

I used to love 90’s docu-soap type programs, does anyone remember Paddington Green on bbc1? With transsexual prostitute Jacqui ? Or ‘The Hotel’ set in the Adelphi in Liverpool?
Also loved The Cruise with Jane McDonald 😂
Can't find Paddington Green anywhere now. It was a great show, and I remember it being quite controversial at the time because of Jackie.

Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds WAS THE tit!!!!

I loved the fact that dogtanian was always trying to win Juliet's heart - remember how soppy he used to become? ♥ ♥ 😘

I am a 1971 baby so the 90s for me was anything i could sit my kids in front of for hours - yes i was the mother who treated the TV as the live in nanny. I remember mentally scarring my middle girl (now 26) by buying her the video The Forgotten Toys for her birthday and she has never gotten over it. She was distraught.

Simon Cowell also destroyed her on PS1 Pop Idol game and then there was the Christmas we got a Wii Fit and she sulked in her room all day because it called her obese.... the joys

TV i remember them watching:
Teletubbies
Powerpuff girls
the land before time (film not tv)
The Rugrats
Pokemon
Clarissa explains it all
Any Disney video

Now 70s TV...

Swap shop
grange hill
magpie
inch high private eye
Stigg of the dump
Jossie's giants
Jonny Briggs
Mr Benn
Bodd
Captain caveman
Tarzan
Monkey (6pm on a friday BBC2 havig a chippy tea)
DOOF DOOF JOSSIE'S GIANTS! 👍👍👍⚽

Crapston Villas and Eurotrash 👍🏻
Friday nights when you shouldn't have been watching cos you were too young really!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Sylvanian Waters. Australian reality show, probably one of the first reality shows.

Sylvanian Waters. Australian reality show, probably one of the first reality shows.
I was thinking Sylvanian families - completely different!

OMG old TV is one of my favourite topics ever! lol
I was born in 1981 so was a 90s tween/teen!

Did anyone watch Spatz? it was set in a diner - i loved that!
simon and the witch
the demon headmaster
gladiators
big breakfast - steps of woah!
MTV with Richard Blackwood!
dogtanian and the muskerhounds (80s but what the hell!)
fraggle rock (80s but loved it!)
Round the twist
Ramona
my 2 dads!
Clarissa explains it all
Sister sister
saved by the bell - OBVS
California dreams
USA High
Boy Meets world
Blossom
The Upper Hand
2.4 children
heartbreak high

Honestly i could go on allll day! lol

who remembers out of this world?!!
All of these were great.

Anyone remember Watt On Earth? An alien living with a human. Was on CBBC I think.

Greenclaws was my favourite as a child
When the owl used to hoot as a reminder!

I miss those days! 😢 😊

This cartoon was so weird! It had slipped my memory until now! I hope this is the one...it fits the description anyway! 😂

OMG I had forgotten about this! 😍👌🏻
Potsworth was fab!

Seem to remember the Poddington Peas or am I making this up? Also the family Ness.

All the 6pm tv - Blossom,Heartbreak high, fresh prince, Desmonds
✋✋✋✋✋✋ 6 for 6!

Last edited:
  • Heart