Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

s2m2

Just wanted to rave about 90s TV. Mainly comedy/gameshows/kids TV.

I'm a late 80s baby so I'm of the "Saturday Night = SeaQuest DSV, Baywatch, Gladiators, Blind Date, Casualty" generation.

Loved Krypton Factor and Going for Gold.
Loved Men Behaving Badly, Vicar of Dibley, One Foot in the Grave, Buzzcocks, Keeping Up Appearances, Watching, 2 Point Four Children, and Birds of a Feather.

Ahhhh those were the days.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The original Crystal maze. Not the remake 😏

Friends the first time around 🤣 when you had to wait a week for a new episode and all summer for a new series.

Dawson’s creek/the OC/One Tree Hill

Select MTV 🤣

THE NANNY!!!!!!

Saved by the bell.... sweet valley high
I LOVE this thread

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Chloe123456

VIP Member
Those Saturday nights where the family would gather round the tv to watch game shows as well strike it lucky , family fortunes etc or having Sunday dinner & watching the land of the giants & the waltons ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17

s2m2

Yes! I love all those!! Does anyone remember a tv show (I'm not sure if it was 90's or earlier) where there was a child who went into a tiny door in the skirting board and came out into an animated life where animals talked and could drive cars etc? The one episode I remember vaguely is something to do with a glass bottle factory or something and there was an issue and all these soapy glass bottles were everywhere!! Sorry this is so vague but I cant remember much more and it's been driving me crazy for years trying to remember!! 🙏
I'm going to google the life out of that because I remember it too but don't remember the name of it.

Noel's House Party!!! Yesss!!
Bruce's Generation Game. Big Break. Dale's Supermarket Sweep (on at 9:25 before Richard & Judy) 😂

My brain is just flooded with 90s shows now.
Were you CBBC or CITV kids? Must admit I liked a bit of both.
Though, CBBC had some greats like The Demon Headmaster, The Queen's Nose, The Animals of Farthing Wood, Five Children and It, Byker Grove.

Stop me I could go on all day. 😂

Nothing says 90s to me like the Christmas Toys R Us advert. ❤❤❤

Ps: a slight deviation from the title, but does anyone remember the Point Horror books?
They were the best. Started collecting them again. 🙈

Reactions: 17

JuicyJ

Anyone remember Saturday nights Man O Man? Remember a big pool and men being pushed in by women. Probably similar to how Take me Out is now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I was a 83 baby.

Round the twist, pug Wells summer (was on ch4 on a Sunday)
Sabrina the teenage witch, chrissia explains it all,
Teen angel.
2point 4 children, goodnight sweetheart, men of the world, keeping up appearances, mr bean , Alf
Smtv the ozone , (music show) the biz, Byers grove , fully booked,going live, live and kicking.
We had shows we’d watch with my dad
Red dwarf
Blackadder
Bottom
The young ones

• Heart
Reactions: 11

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I was born early 90s.

My favourite shows were:
Spider
Rugrats
Muppet Babies
Playdays
Scoobie Doo, old one
Recess
Peter Rabbit series
The Cramp Twins
Tweenies
Blue Peter
The Worst Witch
Tracy Beaker (feel bad for my gran having to listen to the shrill screaming that came from that show)

I was def more a fan of CBBC. Anyone else remember the show S Club Search, where they formed S Club Juniors? I was obsessed.

Can'tHelpMyself

I used to watch one called Big Bertha about a machine in a factory and Family Ness too. Then of course Sweet Valley High, Saved by the Bell and I used to like some game show with Shane Ritchie and a cupid or something on a Saturday night? I'm sure it was utter shit, but the 10 year old me thought it was great 😂

Naysayer

Subelogo.jpg

Ohhh just remembered this little gem! I used to watch it on a Saturday afternoon.It was on for hours! It was SO bad it was good 🤣 It was my guilty pleasure! Real trash TV 😁

• Haha

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
Pets win prizes, Bodger and Badger, the animals of Farthing wood, Heartbeat, Funhouse, Art Attack, Playdays (apart from the Peggy Patch stop. Oh how my heart would sink when it was her stop 😂)

Original Fireman Sam and Postman Pat, Live and Kicking on a Saturday Morning, TOTP

• Heart

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
84 baby here, so many amazing shows mentioned! My favourites were:

Mike & Angelo
Spatz
The Hurricanes
Noel's House Party
Wizadora
The Riddlers
Rosie & Jim
Sweet Valley High
Fresh Prince
Art Attack
Finders Keepers ("it could be anywhere! It could be absolutely anywhere!")
Animals of Farthing Wood (had all the magazines too!)
Rainbow
T-Bag
The Shoe People
Grotbags
Knight School
Balamory
The Raggy Dolls
Round the Twist
Chicken Minute (anyone remember Anatole Bonbon?!)
The Babysitters Club
Me and You
Geordie Racer
Byker Grove (growing up on tyneside, everyone knew someone who knew someone in Byker Grove lol)
Blossom
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Clarissa Explains It All
Night Fever (I used to have a crush on Suggs!)
You Bet!
Strike it Lucky
Come Outside
My So Called Life
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Ren & Stimpy
Eurotrash
Fraggle Rock
The Rescuers

There will be so many more I have forgotten! Ahh love this thread! Absolute 90s and Heart 90s are the only two stations on in my car 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Coming home from school and instantly putting the TV on CBBC. Glass of Sunny Delight, packet of 10p crisps and literally fighting with my niece over who got to sit in the armchair nearest the TV. We were close in age as my older sister had her when she were 17 and I was 2 when she was born. My sister worked odd hours, we went to the same school so my mum would look after her and do her tea. She got picked up from ours around 6ish.
After fighting over the chair my mum separates us both and no one gets to sit in the chair and if we start then the TV goes off and we sit and read. No 9 year old wants that 😅
I get the sofa, she gets the armchair in the corner and we throw dirty looks at each other whilst watching the likes of....

Hubbub
Zzapp
Smart....cbbc version of art attack
The Demon Headmaster
Hey Arnold
Goosebumps
Grange Hill....who else watched this and was like oohh cant wait to go to high school, got there and realised it was nothing like it?
Blue Peter
News Round
The Queens Nose....my favourite. Always tried to find that 50p, it had a certain year stamped on it.
Bodger and Badger 😅

Reactions: 8

s2m2

Does anyone else remember Due South? Used to be on Saturdays, I think. With the Canadian mountie in Chicago? LOVED that!

Wow, so many memories. To whoever shouted out Barney the dog THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: 8