90s TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to rave about 90s TV. Mainly comedy/gameshows/kids TV.

I'm a late 80s baby so I'm of the "Saturday Night = SeaQuest DSV, Baywatch, Gladiators, Blind Date, Casualty" generation.

Loved Krypton Factor and Going for Gold.
Loved Men Behaving Badly, Vicar of Dibley, One Foot in the Grave, Buzzcocks, Keeping Up Appearances, Watching, 2 Point Four Children, and Birds of a Feather.

Ahhhh those were the days.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Those Saturday nights where the family would gather round the tv to watch game shows as well strike it lucky , family fortunes etc or having Sunday dinner & watching the land of the giants & the waltons ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The original Crystal maze. Not the remake 😏

Friends the first time around 🤣 when you had to wait a week for a new episode and all summer for a new series.

Dawson’s creek/the OC/One Tree Hill

Select MTV 🤣

THE NANNY!!!!!!

Saved by the bell.... sweet valley high
I LOVE this thread

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes! I love all those!! Does anyone remember a tv show (I'm not sure if it was 90's or earlier) where there was a child who went into a tiny door in the skirting board and came out into an animated life where animals talked and could drive cars etc? The one episode I remember vaguely is something to do with a glass bottle factory or something and there was an issue and all these soapy glass bottles were everywhere!! Sorry this is so vague but I cant remember much more and it's been driving me crazy for years trying to remember!! 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes! I love all those!! Does anyone remember a tv show (I'm not sure if it was 90's or earlier) where there was a child who went into a tiny door in the skirting board and came out into an animated life where animals talked and could drive cars etc? The one episode I remember vaguely is something to do with a glass bottle factory or something and there was an issue and all these soapy glass bottles were everywhere!! Sorry this is so vague but I cant remember much more and it's been driving me crazy for years trying to remember!! 🙏
I'm going to google the life out of that because I remember it too but don't remember the name of it.

Noel's House Party!!! Yesss!!
Bruce's Generation Game. Big Break. Dale's Supermarket Sweep (on at 9:25 before Richard & Judy) 😂

My brain is just flooded with 90s shows now.
Were you CBBC or CITV kids? Must admit I liked a bit of both.
Though, CBBC had some greats like The Demon Headmaster, The Queen's Nose, The Animals of Farthing Wood, Five Children and It, Byker Grove.

Stop me I could go on all day. 😂

Nothing says 90s to me like the Christmas Toys R Us advert. ❤❤❤

Ps: a slight deviation from the title, but does anyone remember the Point Horror books?
They were the best. Started collecting them again. 🙈

Reactions: 17
I'm going to google the life out of that because I remember it too but don't remember the name of it.

Noel's House Party!!! Yesss!!
Bruce's Generation Game. Big Break. Dale's Supermarket Sweep (on at 9:25 before Richard & Judy) 😂

My brain is just flooded with 90s shows now.
Were you CBBC or CITV kids? Must admit I liked a bit of both.
Though, CBBC had some greats like The Demon Headmaster, The Queen's Nose, The Animals of Farthing Wood, Five Children and It, Byker Grove.

Stop me I could go on all day. 😂

Nothing says 90s to me like the Christmas Toys R Us advert. ❤❤❤

Ps: a slight deviation from the title, but does anyone remember the Point Horror books?
They were the best. Started collecting them again. 🙈
Hopefully you remember more than me coz I've tried everything and cant find it!! 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Pets win prizes, Bodger and Badger, the animals of Farthing wood, Heartbeat, Funhouse, Art Attack, Playdays (apart from the Peggy Patch stop. Oh how my heart would sink when it was her stop 😂)

Original Fireman Sam and Postman Pat, Live and Kicking on a Saturday Morning, TOTP

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not sure if it was the 80s or the 90s but I loved watching You Bet with Matthew Kelly!

I'm currently sat rewatching Dawson's Creek! Absolutely loved that programme!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There used to be a kids show (can’t remember what channel it was on) on in the early 00s I think... no idea what it was called but I’ve googled it and just can’t find anything. It’s doing my head in!! All I can remember from it was it was about a family and there were a couple of teenage kids, they used to walk along the street as if they were walking on a big sphere and the background would move behind them. Yeah... really vague 😂

Reactions: 3
Ahh the nostalgia! I was born in 1984. My fave 90's kids progs were Farthing Wood (I collected all the magazines too) , Byker Grove, Playdays (I was slightly too old but hey ho) The Queen's nose, Rosie and Jim, Greenclaws , Bitsa, Charlie Chalk

Loved pretty much all the comedy programs mentioned. Loved Men Behaving badly! Also Goodnight Sweetheart, Soldier Soldier, Not forgetting the Royal Family, one of the best comedies ever imo !

Remember 'Why Don't You' during the summer holidays - my god it was boring`!

2.4 children loved it , going round the twist, nightmare, rainbow bright lol we had good stuff going on

I was born early 90s.

My favourite shows were:
Spider
Rugrats
Muppet Babies
Playdays
Scoobie Doo, old one
Recess
Peter Rabbit series
The Cramp Twins
Tweenies
Blue Peter
The Worst Witch
Tracy Beaker (feel bad for my gran having to listen to the shrill screaming that came from that show)

I was def more a fan of CBBC. Anyone else remember the show S Club Search, where they formed S Club Juniors? I was obsessed.

I used to watch one called Big Bertha about a machine in a factory and Family Ness too. Then of course Sweet Valley High, Saved by the Bell and I used to like some game show with Shane Ritchie and a cupid or something on a Saturday night? I'm sure it was utter tit, but the 10 year old me thought it was great 😂

Anyone remember Saturday nights Man O Man? Remember a big pool and men being pushed in by women. Probably similar to how Take me Out is now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Full house!!
Didnt watch it back in the day, dont even think it was shown in the uk but binged it all on netflix

Reactions: 2
I was born early 90s.

My favourite shows were:
Spider
Rugrats
Muppet Babies
Playdays
Scoobie Doo, old one
Recess
Peter Rabbit series
The Cramp Twins
Tweenies
Blue Peter
The Worst Witch
Tracy Beaker (feel bad for my gran having to listen to the shrill screaming that came from that show)

I was def more a fan of CBBC. Anyone else remember the show S Club Search, where they formed S Club Juniors? I was obsessed.
S club juniors oh my god 😂 did you watch I Dream ????

Reactions: 3
Going live with Gordon the gopher
In the broom cupboard with Edd the duck lol
Thunder cats
Keeping up appearances.. absolutely loved tht
Top of the pops
Crime watch

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Born in ‘80 so my teenage years and life were shaped (kinda) by 90’s TV and Music - Heart 90’s is a regular on Alexa and in the car!

My So Called Life was my absolute fave - had the most serious crush on Jared Leto ❤

Did anyone watch American Gothic? I loved that show!

Loved Saturday morning TV, coming home and watching Neighbours and Home & Away.....ahhh to be a teenager again, I’d love to do it all again!

• Heart
Anyone remember Saturday nights Man O Man? Remember a big pool and men being pushed in by women. Probably similar to how Take me Out is now.
Yes!!!! Chris Tarrant hosted it, I think. That was good. I'd forgotten that.

Someone mentioned You Bet, above. That was a great show. Must've been early 90's.

Stars in their Eyes was great too. It was like a proper phone in for your winner competition at one point.

Who remembers the end of year spectacular that was Smash Hits Poll Winners Party? That was just the best.

The Chart Show on ITV on Saturday or Sunday mornings.

Please say I'm not the only one who remembers Movies, Games and Videos? I remember seeing the Groundhog Day trailer on there. One of my fave movies ever.

Some others I was reminded of;

Zzap
Finders Keepers
Art Attack
How 2
Newsround
Funny Bones
Banana Man
Super Ted
Raggydolls
The Riddlers
Tots TV
Wizadora
Sesame Street
Pingu
Tazmania
Tale Spin
Ducktales
Poddington Peas
Count Duckula
Bonkers (that orange cat cartoon?)
Ren & Stimpy
The Dinosaurs
Animaniacs

There was a cartoon with a Dulux dog on CBBC and I can't for the life of me remember the name.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7