90s TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I miss that era of television.

You still get the shows which go behind the scenes at companies or whatever, but it is far more of a PR programme rather than seeing the people behind the company that shows like Airline were so good at. Like we all followed the story of Katrina on Airline and her cancer battles. You don't get that on the PR bullshit "A Year at British Airways" or whatever the show, on ITV if I recall correctly, was called.
Definitely the modern ones are far too shiny and clean! It's just not the same at all!

EDIT TO ADD:

Why did the companies allow some of these old shows to be made? They didn't always show the company in a great light...

Reactions: 3
Definitely the modern ones are far too shiny and clean! It's just not the same at all!

EDIT TO ADD:

Why did the companies allow some of these old shows to be made? They didn't always show the company in a great light...
Who knows why they were allowed to be made?

I think the closest ones to the classic I've seen in recent years is probably the PoundShop Wars series (BBC), back when we had Poundland and Poundworld. But even though there were characters like the Deputy Manager at that one store, it still felt more focused on the senior executives etc and their work rather than the people on the shop floor.

Reactions: 3
not sure if it was 90s or early 2000s but does anyone remember the docu series of ... from hell shows I.e. holidays from hell, restaurants from hell? Some of the eps haunt me 😂

Reactions: 6
not sure if it was 90s or early 2000s but does anyone remember the docu series of ... from hell shows I.e. holidays from hell, restaurants from hell? Some of the eps haunt me 😂
YESSS! I remember sitting there with my dad watching it and his face turned white as somewhere he went was featured on it! An Indian place in Orpington I think it was where they got caught washing chicken and lamb that people had left and recycling it into other meals!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
YESSS! I remember sitting there with my dad watching it and his face turned white as somewhere he went was featured on it! An Indian place in Orpington I think it was where they got caught washing chicken and lamb that people had left and recycling it into other meals!
It gave me an almost phobia of restaurants you couldn’t see kitchens, thank god open plan kitchens are really popular now 😂 I remember Angus steakhouse was in it every other week it seemed, it horrifies me when I hear tourists talking about it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It gave me an almost phobia of restaurants you couldn’t see kitchens, thank god open plan kitchens are really popular now 😂 I remember Angus steakhouse was in it every other week it seemed, it horrifies me when I hear tourists talking about it 😂
Yes it was 😂 think the Piccadilly Circus one and half of London’s chinatown. I found a Holidays From Hell on youtube and it’s comedy gold- family who went to Bulgaria or somewhere and found livestock drinking out of the pool 😂

• Haha
Neighbours from hell, remember my dad saying oh just bloody lamp him one 😅

• Haha
Remember Life of Grime with that eccentric old bloke Mr Treebus who was a hoarder and they found he was collecting his turds in a bucket in the shed 🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
Talking of those documentaries, does anyone remember Paddington Green? There was the man who made wigs, and another one who was a locksmith?

Reactions: 4
Talking of those documentaries, does anyone remember Paddington Green? There was the man who made wigs, and another one who was a locksmith?
I just came on here to say this! There was a trans prostitute on there called Jackie, do you remember her? I loved that show!

I remember watching a programme late on Sat or Fri nights either before of after Eurotrash about ordinary people making cheap snacks out of strange combinations of food in their cupboards but I can't remember what it was called.

very random but either ate 90s or early 2000s, faking it. it has been on london live during lockdown and I've been furloughed so re watching. anyone else? would love to see this re made!

Reactions: 1