90s TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I love this post.
I can't remember what half of the programs I watched are called . I'm an 85 baby .
There was a program I used to love when I was really small , it was some sort of dragon type thing that was friendly and it used to cook or make something in a tree , it would be a stone or something and it would open the door in this tree when it was ready . I think an owl was in the tree - I remember I used to be transfixed by it.
There was another one about a little creature that lived in sand , and it granted wishes .
Loads that people have already mentioned.
How amazing it was on school holidays to have programs on in the morning .
Don't forget your toothbrush anyone remember that.
Sweet valley high , blossom , my so called life (Jared Leto 🤤) Buffy and then angel . Live and kicking . Darling buds of may , goodnight sweet heart , soldier soldier, London's burning, highway to heaven . I remember pretending to fall asleep on the sofa when mum was watching band of gold ( I think that's what it was ) so I could sneakily watch it 😂🙈 . I think this was possibly late 90s early 00s but I absolutely loved a show called Young Americans (think Dawson's creek) it had a very young Ian somerhalder (Damon of the Vampire Diaries) in. Definitely early 00s but one tree hill .
Charmed
Grotbags used to terrify me , I used to hide behind the sofa 😂
Greenclawes!!!

I had completely forgotten Bitsa until I read it here! Knew the theme tune immediately! Thanks for the memory jog!
Yes me
Too
Bitsa this
Bitsa that
Put it all together and what have ya got 😂

Reactions: 1
Goosebumps!
as told by ginger (I know it’s 2000 but 🤫)
Recess
Sabrina
The worst witch
Bernards watch

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Goosebumps!
as told by ginger (I know it’s 2000 but 🤫)
Recess
Sabrina
The worst witch
Bernards watch
There are loads of episodes of recess on YouTube! In a similar vein did anyone watch the weekenders?

I remember there was a miniseries called Chiller and each episode was like a little horror film. It was on a weeknight and we all used to talk about it at school . They had a sèance and we were all making ouija boards at school and the teachers told us off .

Reactions: 2
Coming home from school and instantly putting the TV on CBBC. Glass of Sunny Delight, packet of 10p crisps and literally fighting with my niece over who got to sit in the armchair nearest the TV. We were close in age as my older sister had her when she were 17 and I was 2 when she was born. My sister worked odd hours, we went to the same school so my mum would look after her and do her tea. She got picked up from ours around 6ish.
After fighting over the chair my mum separates us both and no one gets to sit in the chair and if we start then the TV goes off and we sit and read. No 9 year old wants that 😅
I get the sofa, she gets the armchair in the corner and we throw dirty looks at each other whilst watching the likes of....

Hubbub
Zzapp
Smart....cbbc version of art attack
The Demon Headmaster
Hey Arnold
Goosebumps
Grange Hill....who else watched this and was like oohh cant wait to go to high school, got there and realised it was nothing like it?
Blue Peter
News Round
The Queens Nose....my favourite. Always tried to find that 50p, it had a certain year stamped on it.
Bodger and Badger 😅

Reactions: 8
I don't know if these we're late 90s or Early 00s but that time when there were MILLIONS of docu-dramas and docu-soaps was
the best TV time 😂 Airline, Redcoats (about butlins), The Cruise. There were loads and one for every industry!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't know if these we're late 90s or Early 00s but that time when there were MILLIONS of docu-dramas and docu-soaps was
the best TV time 😂 Airline, Redcoats (about butlins), The Cruise. There were loads and one for every industry!
I miss that era of television.

You still get the shows which go behind the scenes at companies or whatever, but it is far more of a PR programme rather than seeing the people behind the company that shows like Airline were so good at. Like we all followed the story of Katrina on Airline and her cancer battles. You don't get that on the PR bullshit "A Year at British Airways" or whatever the show, on ITV if I recall correctly, was called.

Reactions: 3

You still get the shows which go behind the scenes at companies or whatever, but it is far more of a PR programme rather than seeing the people behind the company that shows like Airline were so good at. Like we all followed the story of Katrina on Airline and her cancer battles. You don't get that on the PR bullshit "A Year at British Airways" or whatever the show, on ITV if I recall correctly, was called.
yess golden age! I liked the one series of Airline they did when it was Britannia Airways not Easyjet and that woman took a flight to Palma or somewhere and got stood up by a toyboy! Also who remembers The Real Holiday Show with Gaby Roslin when people would make a short film about their hol? There was also an early evening one on BBC2 about the Trafford Centre I loved and one called the Tourist Trap about an undercover study of how different nationalities behave on hol.
How can we forget Hotel Adelphi too- Just Cook Will Ya

Airline was very recently (at least up until a few months ago) was on one of the freeview channels recently and I used to set the schedule to record it 😂. It was an amazing rewatch. Some would call it boring because there were a lot of parts that wasn’t about any drama but I enjoyed the actual realness of reality TV, a far cry than what it claims to be now.

yess golden age! I liked the one series of Airline they did when it was Britannia Airways not Easyjet and that woman took a flight to Palma or somewhere and got stood up by a toyboy! Also who remembers The Real Holiday Show with Gaby Roslin when people would make a short film about their hol? There was also an early evening one on BBC2 about the Trafford Centre I loved and one called the Tourist Trap about an undercover study of how different nationalities behave on hol.
How can we forget Hotel Adelphi too- Just Cook Will Ya
I love the obscure ones! I have never seen the Trafford Centre one, so will hunt it out!

There was one about Blackpool Pleasure Beach too, which just makes the Pleasure Beach look really unappealing...

Airline was very recently (at least up until a few months ago) was on one of the freeview channels recently and I used to set the schedule to record it 😂. It was an amazing rewatch. Some would call it boring because there were a lot of parts that wasn’t about any drama but I enjoyed the actual realness of reality TV, a far cry than what it claims to be now.
I watched it sometimes when it was on whatever random Freeview channel it was on. Some of the drama about people missing flights and then blaming the airline because they turned up late.

And the 9/11 episode showed the worst of some people. The blonde haired easyJet supervisor (I want to say Leo) deserved a medal for dealing with some of those selfish, self-entitled cunts.

It was proper reality TV, real fly-on-the-wall stuff we really need more of.